Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
that's why they cast Yeoh!!! she comes with sword fighting skills and martial arts knowledge. yet another way these tptb's seem to be sucking up off of other people's work

will they have her fly through the air,sword in hand, suspended by wires too? or perhaps springing from one bamboo tree to the other? :)

In this show, anything is possible. It has nothing to do with Star Trek, so why not? Bring on the zombies and vampires!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She'd need a musical number about how hard it is to be an arrogant psychopath.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And there will be a number where Michael sings about how she's just misunderstood. :icon_lol:

And, of course it will be some disco song (I suggest "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor) , in keeping with the desperate hope people will call the show "Disco" and meme it all up and create "buzz" and all. I can just picture a bunch of Millennials in some safe space somewhere trying to think of ways to make it cool and popular.

Millenials.png

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget the Trek fanbase wasn't exactly excited when she was announced as the lead. They knew from her stinking up the screen on The Walking Dead that she is a bad actress and her past SJW escapades didn't exactly endear her to fans either.

I can't. She really said that? REALLY???

I can only assume that it's a real quote from her. Honestly though I don't want to go through all of her interviews just to corroborate it. The only thing worse than listening to Green wax poetic about Dysentery would be to actually watch that crap show itself. I've seen enough of it to be disgusted that it bears the moniker Star Trek. It's truly, truly horrible and so are the people associated with making it.

Don't forget the Trek fanbase wasn't exactly excited when she was announced as the lead. They knew from her stinking up the screen on The Walking Dead that she is a bad actress and her past SJW escapades didn't exactly endear her to fans either.

Makes me long for the days when a miscast Scott Bakula was the only thing worth worrying about in the STverse. :icon_lol:

Apparently the latest episode "The War Without, The War Within" is bizarre and unintelligible from what I'm hearing. In surfing other sites the feedback is close to 100% that this show is crap. People are trying to figure out how they can reconcile this steaming pile of poop with TOS timeline.

Apparently next week is the season finale and I think TPTB know it's a failure and are now pushing the "anthology" line of BS. If that's the case then this means season #2 will be a completely different story with different characters, etc. Anyone with half a brain knows that if season #1 was decent they would simply continue it. I mean really, how stupid do TPTB think we are. :rolleye0014:

Oh, and does anyone think we'll ever see the real CBS No Access subscriber numbers for this thing? I bet the are never officially released.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Apparently the latest episode "The War Without, The War Within" is bizarre and unintelligible from what I'm hearing. In surfing other sites the feedback is close to 100% that this show is crap. People are trying to figure out how they can reconcile this steaming pile of poop with TOS timeline.

I find the shills who are trying to explain away the clearly disparate timelines and events in Star Trek vs STD amusing. Some of them are trying to use the "TNG wasn't great it's first season!" argument, but TNG Season 1 was better than STD's. Even with the shills, the comments pretty much everywhere are negative about STD.

Apparently next week is the season finale and I think TPTB know it's a failure and are now pushing the "anthology" line of BS. If that's the case then this means season #2 will be a completely different story with different characters, etc. Anyone with half a brain knows that if season #1 was decent they would simply continue it. I mean really, how stupid do TPTB think we are. :rolleye0014:

It will never be right until Kurtzman has no say in the final product. He is like those annoying hangnails that you can't get with the clipper. His input ruins the entire thing. They would have to do it and somehow dump all the stuff they created in STD like the spore drive, the Discovery itself, the Klingons, all the ships, Starfleet...it makes no sense for them to change anything. The Star Trek prime universe is polished and mature and more than 15 years in the making.

Oh, and does anyone think we'll ever see the real CBS No Access subscriber numbers for this thing? I bet the are never officially released.

No, but you can extrapolate from the numbers in the Prospectus. I think I already did that for the last one in this thread somewhere.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
If they completely remove all the characters, all the props , all the cgi , all the storylines , strike the sets then maybe , just maybe I might tune in ...
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If they completely remove all the characters, all the props , all the cgi , all the storylines , strike the sets then maybe , just maybe I might tune in ...
;)

I truly never saw this coming with Trek. I always assumed one of the characters would always be involved in the making of Star Trek or that the torch would have been passed to the Roddenberry son, but that didn't happen.

This show is failing. It's irredeemable. People hate it. TPTB may have a guaranteed second season but it's a moot point in the scheme of things. They used the Star Trek name to scam millions of people. Everyone knows that now, even the casual viewer. They feel used and cheated -- and justifiably so. This show will forever be known as a black mark on the Star Trek name.