Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
sometimes from all of your comments it seems more like self flagellation

something you all are doing penance for? :)

Being a lifelong Star Trek fan, I cannot help but keep an eye on it, even if it has become side-eye. I want closure. :) I want to see the latest version of it crash and burn, or go through some dramatic and entertaining transformation into yet another off-Trek project. This thread helps me vent!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
https://trekmovie.com/2018/01/12/re...l-would-bring-star-trek-under-single-company/

looks like viacom and cbs want to remerge back in...Not sure what that means but it's not going to change star trek for the better. Looks like it might be to compete with Disney and Netflix.

Actually it could help a lot as it would get the IP licenses for Star Trek back under one roof. Remember in a different thread we discovered that one big reason we got the Kelvin-verse was that the CBS Viacom split also split the creative licenses.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
haha, someone is trying very hard to push up the ratings with fake ratings on imdb for this show but review after review that are written, all i see is negative.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

I am just wondering why the producers and those associated with this dumb show don't seem to understand that just the LOOK of success on IMdB or RT or the LOOK of being Star Trek (barely) is not going to translate into more subscriptions for CBS All Access or increased viewership of the show. If the show is a turd, then putting it on a doily and giving you a golden fork to eat it is not going to change what it is.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually it could help a lot as it would get the IP licenses for Star Trek back under one roof. Remember in a different thread we discovered that one big reason we got the Kelvin-verse was that the CBS Viacom split also split the creative licenses.

I just added my two cents there. :) I think that any such merger is a step in the right direction, but let's face it...the J.J. Abrams people have been entrenched in all things Star Trek for almost 10 years now. Everyone who has done any Trek since 2008 knows or is associated with J.J. Abrams in some fashion. Star Trek needs a COMPLETE do-over. That means dumping all of the JJ aesthetic of dark/lensflare/window on the bridge/uniforms/sounds...all of it. And please no more prequels or re-imaginings of past characters!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True enough OM. But the important first step is getting all the IP rights in one place so a future Trek production isn't legally hamstrung right out of the gate.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I just added my two cents there. :) I think that any such merger is a step in the right direction, but let's face it...the J.J. Abrams people have been entrenched in all things Star Trek for almost 10 years now. Everyone who has done any Trek since 2008 knows or is associated with J.J. Abrams in some fashion. Star Trek needs a COMPLETE do-over. That means dumping all of the JJ aesthetic of dark/lensflare/window on the bridge/uniforms/sounds...all of it. And please no more prequels or re-imaginings of past characters!
Looks like it might be a triple merger. Liongate too

Lionsgate Ripe For Takeover As Amazon, Verizon and CBS-Viacom Emerge As Potential Suitors

With CBS and Viacom talking merger again, all eyes are on Lionsgate, which is considered ripe for acquisition. According to one source, there are already potential suitors — Amazon, Verizon and a CBS-Viacom combination — who have all been sniffing around the company.

https://deadline.com/2018/01/lionsgate-talks-amazon-verizon-cbs-viacom-1202244991/

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Here is my wish for 2018 . The Clap (STD) has been labelled as a rogue war mongering ship and crew in the whole of the Federation . The Federation sets out to hunt them down and also asking all alien species and races to hunt down and destroy the Clap(STD). A multitude of Creatures jump at the chance to be the one to destroy the Clap(STD) and take credit . Within one parsec a huge armada close in on these losers and obliterate crew and shit , I mean ship . Oooh what a great episode that would make . Then Saruk would appear in hologram mode on a federation ship sipping a pina colada thanking the gallant crews of all the ships that destroyed that soar in his side and his katra , Burnham and the Clap(STD) ...

:cameronanime06:

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So they're still in the mirror universe I hear and people are already tired of it. These writers are so clueless. :icon_lol:

They are going to try EVERYTHING before pulling the plug, and they will definitely be pulling the plug on this thing. I think the shilling money must be running out or has been cut back, because most EVERY open comment section on any article for Discovery is like, 90% negative towards the show.

They are going to try EVERYTHING before pulling the plug, and they will definitely be pulling the plug on this thing. I think the shilling money must be running out or has been cut back, because most EVERY open comment section on any article for Discovery is like, 90% negative towards the show.

I was reading some comments on the latest episode and they were either negative or confused. Hardly any of the comments were positive. And everyone pretty much hated the mirror universe gimmick.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So after this show is soonly done and gone , can we completely remove this thread so as to not even talk about this crap ! Please ,,,pretty please ? Just wipe it off the hard drive server of Gate Fans. Use what ever means necessary. Full photon spread and phasers to kill . Melt that sucker into oblivion !!!

;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They still have their paid shills on reddit.

They still have their paid shills on reddit.

That probably doesn't cost them very much to be honest. All they're doing is paying several thousand dollars to have some company spam Reddit which is a text-based site. Of course it's wasted money in the long run regardless of how much they're spending. The most those shills can do is trick someone to tune into STD but they can't control how people react once they see that terrible show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That probably doesn't cost them very much to be honest. All they're doing is paying several thousand dollars to have some company spam Reddit which is a text-based site. Of course it's wasted money in the long run regardless of how much they're spending. The most those shills can do is trick someone to tune into STD but they can't control how people react once they see that terrible show.

That's it right there. They told the Trek fandom that this show would be set in the prime universe to trick us into watching it. We did, and we didn't like it and we tuned out and canceled our trial subscriptions or did not continue after the trial. Then, they teased Harry Mudd and Sarek, and that was a fail too. They tried to make a political statement with the gay characters, the profanity and nudity, and that was a fail as well. Now, they want us to watch their version of a mirror universe arc, and that is currently a fail.

Like you said, it won't matter what they spend or how many pro-STD comments they make anywhere, it is headed for a firey, loud, fatal ending.