Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Still, what it comes down to is are there enough viewers/subscribers to keep this show afloat? I don't think so. The "countermeasures" are already in play for Season 2, and the fan buzz is just not there. The shill articles are so obviously over the top and the comment sections where they target swarm them and call them out for shilling. CBS No Access (love that!) is just not all that at all. Imagine taking some old guy's DVD collection or perhaps the dead inventory of a shuttered Video Rental store full of VHS films, then trying to make a streaming service using that content and you have CBS No Access.
Simple. People are easy to brainwash. MTV is a classic example. See above as well to what I wrote. Negativity gets people talking. That talking generates a gathering and then people who weren't initially interested will now be interested. It's like how they used to do it in the olden days. A dude would speak and would get people talking/interested or start a movement and then have a cult like following where there would be rituals/ceremonies and gatherings.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Simple. People are easy to brainwash. MTV is a classic example. See above as well to what I wrote. Negativity gets people talking. That talking generates a gathering and then people who weren't initially interested will now be interested. It's like how they used to do it in the olden days. A dude would speak and would get people talking/interested or start a movement and then have a cult like following where there would be rituals/ceremonies and gatherings.

Some people, yes. :) Entire generations of people have been socially conditioned to be more malleable.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

The sad irony of Star Trek. It has now become Star Wars.Even these guys are saying that.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ewwww, these guys need a lesson in fashion sense. The costumes in the 60's and 90's look old fashion and out of trend but at least they look a hell of a lot better than the costumes. This trailer looks so BORING!!!

This is a hilarious review by SC. He mentions the disco part too :D

i thought that this girl was supposed to be a lesbian? idk dont watch it, just what i read

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so i guess when i show is a dumb and jumbled as this one, reading a thread about it can only be the same...

that's not on anyone here, just on the material you are posting about

so--just to satisfy my curiousity

-these trailers are for the 2nd season or 2nd half of 1st season?

-they are in a mirror universe or did they just get there?

-i thought the michael thiong was a lesbian. and i thought she went to jail. obviously she is not in jail. the one traielr shows her in bed with a guy. whatever

and why would a human, raised as a vulcan (is that right?) behave in any of these ways? why would the vulcans keep her? the vulcans i know just may have sent a hit squad to rub her out for the embarrassment she brings to them.

then
back before this show started i read that the original idea for the show was to be an anthology like one with a different crew each season moving through different times in FEDERATION history but still before Kirk--that was to be a DIFF CAST every season

then they dialed it back to a different 'theme' for each season

"It seems like ideas for further seasons split the difference — the theme of the season will be very different, but it won’t have an entirely new cast of characters. But whether the show gets a second season at all depends, first, on the success of its first."

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/9/19/16316712/star-trek-discovery-trailer-cast-release-date-klingons

so if the show keeps going on its vomit strewn way, will it eventually get to the point where Michael wakes up from a dream aboard the ENTERPRISE under a pre Kirk CPT, where we see she is nothing more then a janitor with a big imagination?

thats about the only way i would want this show to 'touch' the Trek I know.

with a girl who cleans the floors

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
but in life majority wins.

You think so? In this society (Western society), it's only the 1% who wins, and everyone else just gets to watch and work VERY hard to maintain the status quo for that 1%.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hey with those get ups, they could easily cast george clinton as ship's morale officer--no wardrobe needed!
:)

"tear the roof of the mother sucka!"

images

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You think so? In this society (Western society), it's only the 1% who wins, and everyone else just gets to watch and work VERY hard to maintain the status quo for that 1%.
I meant in terms of power here. I have seen the music industry empower this same sort of corrupt practice and it hurts seeing it. TPTB are so evil that they choose to make things more difficult and choose to push the edge.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
so i guess when i show is a dumb and jumbled as this one, reading a thread about it can only be the same...

that's not on anyone here, just on the material you are posting about

so--just to satisfy my curiousity

-these trailers are for the 2nd season or 2nd half of 1st season?

-they are in a mirror universe or did they just get there?

-i thought the michael thiong was a lesbian. and i thought she went to jail. obviously she is not in jail. the one traielr shows her in bed with a guy. whatever

and why would a human, raised as a vulcan (is that right?) behave in any of these ways? why would the vulcans keep her? the vulcans i know just may have sent a hit squad to rub her out for the embarrassment she brings to them.

then
back before this show started i read that the original idea for the show was to be an anthology like one with a different crew each season moving through different times in FEDERATION history but still before Kirk--that was to be a DIFF CAST every season

then they dialed it back to a different 'theme' for each season

"It seems like ideas for further seasons split the difference — the theme of the season will be very different, but it won’t have an entirely new cast of characters. But whether the show gets a second season at all depends, first, on the success of its first."

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/9/19/16316712/star-trek-discovery-trailer-cast-release-date-klingons

so if the show keeps going on its vomit strewn way, will it eventually get to the point where Michael wakes up from a dream aboard the ENTERPRISE under a pre Kirk CPT, where we see she is nothing more then a janitor with a big imagination?

thats about the only way i would want this show to 'touch' the Trek I know.

with a girl who cleans the floors
Don't read the bullshit reviews. You be the Judge but I wouldn't give this story a chance. It's boring. They changed it because they didn't have anything more to add to the Trek Universe which suggests two things. 1. Human race is reaching its impending doom or...there isn't someone who is visionary enough to think that far off into the future.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Trek Universe which suggests two things. 1. Human race is reaching its impending doom or...

i said this before but, it seems that given the way this version of federation humans act, then humans should have never made it to space given the bad behavior

and the idea of federation would have been instigated by some other race

--------------
IDK if I'll ever watch it. maybe someday, if it comes free or on a streamer I already pay for

--------------
as far as the story and reviews go; i would think they will either keep at it with their correct tact, or maybe slightly change things to bring some familiarity to it ("we found a life pod with Kes and Neelix in it!" :biggrin::icon_e_surprised::smiley-015:)or just find a creative way to walk it back entirely to original ST universe

and, if i read things right, they have changed universe's-or at least, their reality?

going on that route, they may already have laid the path to getting to the prime Trekverse

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It does not matter which direction they take . It , will , be , the , wrong , one ,,,

Attachments

• businessman-different-direction-arrows-concept-confused-63142147.jpg
    businessman-different-direction-arrows-concept-confused-63142147.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 50

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i said this before but, it seems that given the way this version of federation humans act, then humans should have never made it to space given the bad behavior

and the idea of federation would have been instigated by some other race

--------------
IDK if I'll ever watch it. maybe someday, if it comes free or on a streamer I already pay for

--------------
as far as the story and reviews go; i would think they will either keep at it with their correct tact, or maybe slightly change things to bring some familiarity to it ("we found a life pod with Kes and Neelix in it!" :biggrin::icon_e_surprised::smiley-015:)or just find a creative way to walk it back entirely to original ST universe

and, if i read things right, they have changed universe's-or at least, their reality?

going on that route, they may already have laid the path to getting to the prime Trekverse
They purposely veered AWAY from the prime Trek universe. and they did it so severely that there is no where for them to "feather it in". Everything from the ship design to the events with the spores and the spinning saucer section and the places they have been and the aliens on the ship would have to be accounted for. Then they would have to explain Lorca, Michael and the absence of Spock and the USS Enterprise 1701. It's just not possible for them to integrate Demagoguery into the prime timeline.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They purposely veered AWAY from the prime Trek universe. and they did it so severely that there is no where for them to "feather it in". Everything from the ship design to the events with the spores and the spinning saucer section and the places they have been and the aliens on the ship would have to be accounted for. Then they would have to explain Lorca, Michael and the absence of Spock and the USS Enterprise 1701. It's just not possible for them to integrate Demagoguery into the prime timeline.

well i am not watching it and enjoying it like you are :biggrin:

but i was talking more of if they keep jumping or sporing or wtf ever they do to get to a diff universe, then if they keep doing it then it could be shown (cause tptb's can do anything and call it good cause they dont care ) they eventually end up in the prime uni. not that they were even in it or from it, but newcomers with their diff ship design, their dumb aliens and their disco Dan uniforms

but wtf ever can happen in this show, dont care, just interesting to see the shit storm developing around it

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i still think they could right all of their wrongs JUST BY bringing in Neelix

just my opinion, but I am hoping for a triumphant return of the multi colored, cockerel headed bastard

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well i am not watching it and enjoying it like you are :biggrin:

but i was talking more of if they keep jumping or sporing or wtf ever they do to get to a diff universe, then if they keep doing it then it could be shown (cause tptb's can do anything and call it good cause they dont care ) they eventually end up in the prime uni. not that they were even in it or from it, but newcomers with their diff ship design, their dumb aliens and their disco Dan uniforms

but wtf ever can happen in this show, dont care, just interesting to see the shit storm developing around it

Well, if they were capable of even depicting the prime universe that would be a big help. I don't think they can. They can't use any footage for a flashback to Enterprise's timeline (NX-01) and have it make any sense. :smiley-laughing021:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
how do they fit in to the other universe? is it the 'mirror darkly' terran empire one?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
how do they fit in to the other universe? is it the 'mirror darkly' terran empire one?
The "other universe" is the same one they are in, only with silly costume additions. :)