Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I actually found this last episode (6) not as bad as the previous ones. It wasn't exactly great either, but perhaps there is a tiny sparkle of hope. Overall it will still suck as a Star Trek show of course because it's just not right.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, guess what? It got renewed! So obviously it must be a success or Netflix has already paid for 2 seasons of this show. I don't see it being successful, because it's been delayed till 2019, but Netflix paid a pretty penny for this. Meh, doesn't bother them, it's not their money they've wasted.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...overy-renewed-season-2-cbs-all-access-1051003

Okay, it got renewed. But it was not because of it's success or fan support. It's the equivalent of "double or nothing". This happened with Defiance too. Why should it matter if somebody is selling turds and few buy them, that they put more out there for sale? I am not reading spin. I already told you I am immune to it. :) What they need and want is the love of the fans and viewership and especially subscribers. The service itself, without regard to STD, is substandard. It is choppy and inconsistent.

I say let them throw money at it, let them pay shills and spin the thing up. I am not watching the show, so no big deal for me.

From your link announcing the renewal. These are comments 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The renewal was a given due to the "sunk cost" of producing the first season. They've spent far too much money to call it quits at this point. We knew this was how it would play out.

*The comments are telling. You can spot the paid shills verses the actual fans. One guy points out how lame it is that CBS claims record subscription numbers but doesn't release the actual numbers. And other people lament how bad the show is. The contrast between Hollywood spin and genuine criticism is plain to see. :icon_lol:

Also places like Rotten Tomatoes, and especially on the comment sections on the shill sites spinning the thing up. On CBS's subsidiary sites (like TVguide), you find like 90% negative comments, and 5% obvious shill comments, and the other 5% are those who are trying to remain neutral or say they are not sure about how they feel yet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More:

Capture.PNG

basketball-spin_400x300.gif

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Also places like Rotten Tomatoes, and especially on the comment sections on the shill sites spinning the thing up. On CBS's subsidiary sites (like TVguide), you find like 90% negative comments, and 5% obvious shill comments, and the other 5% are those who are trying to remain neutral or say they are not sure about how they feel yet.
Here is a Discovery Shill now hiding behind a VPN and throwaway user name

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/78aef8/discovery_is_the_worthy_successor_of_tng/

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Okay, it got renewed. But it was not because of it's success or fan support. It's the equivalent of "double or nothing". This happened with Defiance too. Why should it matter if somebody is selling turds and few buy them, that they put more out there for sale? I am not reading spin. I already told you I am immune to it. :) What they need and want is the love of the fans and viewership and especially subscribers. The service itself, without regard to STD, is substandard. It is choppy and inconsistent.

I say let them throw money at it, let them pay shills and spin the thing up. I am not watching the show, so no big deal for me.

From your link announcing the renewal. These are comments 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6:

View attachment 33602
I was only pointing out that you assumed that it wouldn't get renewed. I still think this series is getting even more ridiculous. I have also mentioned that I am also immune to the bullshit but what I find disappointing is the length people go to to defend something no matter how stupid/dumb idiotic something may sound or look. The more I live, the more ridiculous and DUMB this world is becoming. The amount of bullshit people buy into is quite frightening. It's no wonder people think that there is an invisible man in the sky looking over everyone's move.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The renewal was a given due to the "sunk cost" of producing the first season. They've spent far too much money to call it quits at this point. We knew this was how it would play out.

*The comments are telling. You can spot the paid shills verses the actual fans. One guy points out how lame it is that CBS claims record subscription numbers but doesn't release the actual numbers. And other people lament how bad the show is. The contrast between Hollywood spin and genuine criticism is plain to see. :icon_lol:
Netflix has a lot of capital at hand although, it's mainly down to shareholder's funds and money they've borrowed.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is a Discovery Shill now hiding behind a VPN and throwaway user name

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/78aef8/discovery_is_the_worthy_successor_of_tng/

At this point for me, it's already a done deal. I am just not interested in watching it. I am glad it is finding it's fans, and it's interesting to watch the fan actions and reactions and so forth. All I will be doing is taking it's temperature from time to time by watching this thread and reading comment boards and watching YouTube reviews on the episodes. That will tell me how long this thing has to live. If it actually does two seasons, then it will have done at least as well as The Animated Series. :)

I'm sorry, but "spore drive" is just over the top and spilled over the edge. Don't they think that the much more ancient Andorians or Vulcans or even the Bajorans or Cardassians would have discovered this thing first?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This took a hell of a long time to find . Weird ...

This is VERY interesting. This guy gould become a millionaire with the right lawyers.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@Tripler Why was that video hard to find? I posted that here a couple of days ago. ;)

@Tripler When I google on "std sucks" I get no mention of Star Trek Discovery. Mostly references to C++.

@everyone_else Also. Someone appears to have removed my Star Trek Discovery reference from the STD Wikipedia page. Which one of you guys was it huh? ;)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
@Tripler Why was that video hard to find? I posted that here a couple of days ago. ;)

Also. Someone appears to have removed my Star Trek Discovery reference from the STD Wikipedia page. Which one of you guys was it huh? ;)
Oh you did ? I did not see that . I can remove it if you want . I was searching for it and it took around 2 hrs to find it like it had been moved from youtube or something .

;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Oh you did ? I did not see that . I can remove it if you want . I was searching for it and it took around 2 hrs to find it like it had been moved from youtube or something .

;)

No why would you have to remove it. I was just saying if you'd paid attention to the thread you would have found it easily. :P

When I google on "std sucks" I get no mention of Star Trek Discovery. Mostly references to C++.