Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
BEHOLD

Screenshot_2017-10-25-06-48-59.png

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Doing the google search only seems to work in incognito mode of your browser and apparently only on my android phone . Give them a bit and that will be blocked soon also .
But it's there to behold
;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Haha . I watch him too ... Gave him a thumbs up for having the stomach to watch it.
;)
He's honest and that's what I want more. A light hearted stab at this garbage. I love Free speech and freedom which is why I love this forum which allows me to vent out my frustration on this series.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Personally I have run out of words to describe how utterly disgusting and horrible this show is . I am beyond embarrassed it is being produced in my city. I drive by there location once a week taking my dog to the lake and I see the building there and just think what is wrong with the people running that show . What they are portraying is human nature at its utter worst . Can you imagine the crew of the ISS, the pioneers of space, acting any way close to this story line of std !? Astronauts fighting all time . Arguing with mission control! Telling your superior officer there assholes and that they have to do as the lesser officers says and plunges the entire station into the atmosphere to burn up on re-entry because the lesser officer thinks there idea is correct and mutinies the ship !? Yes , Star Trek is fantasy and perhaps should not be compared to the ISS but Gene Roddenberry had such a positive hope and outlook for mankind and in many ways a lot of his ideas from his original shows have come true in our life time . This std on the other hand has spun it 180 and personally I am sick to my stomach watching hollyweird and tv entertainment keep pushing the limit of violence , hate , messed up relationships and just utter garbage writing and cringe worthy actors and acting . They have run out of any intelligent ideas and we are ending up with shows like std and sgpoo . They think shock is what we want . They think the viewing audience is now mindless stupid people the world over which if anyone is watching std , then yes ,you are in that group which is a sad statement for humanity at its core .
I will stick to watching The Orville , Ghosted, The Expanse ( A real space show ) , Travelers , reruns of previous real Star Trek shows and a few others but never ever will I place my eyes any where near that std . What a fitting name and there failing miserably trying to get the media to call it some thing else other than the acronym STD . Good luck with that . It is an incurable STD that will always have an open wound on true Trek fans worldwide ...
Be Gone I say ,,, be gone ...
:beckett_new050: :beckett_new050: :beckett_new050:

Personally I have run out of words to describe how utterly disgusting and horrible this show is . I am beyond embarrassed it is being produced in my city. I drive by there location once a week taking my dog to the lake and I see the building there and just think what is wrong with the people running that show . What they are portraying is human nature at its utter worst . Can you imagine the crew of the ISS, the pioneers of space, acting any way close to this story line of std !? Astronauts fighting all time . Arguing with mission control! Telling your superior officer there assholes and that they have to do as the lesser officers says and plunges the entire station into the atmosphere to burn up on re-entry because the lesser officer thinks there idea is correct and mutinies the ship !? Yes , Star Trek is fantasy and perhaps should not be compared to the ISS but Gene Roddenberry had such a positive hope and outlook for mankind and in many ways a lot of his ideas from his original shows have come true in our life time . This std on the other hand has spun it 180 and personally I am sick to my stomach watching hollyweird and tv entertainment keep pushing the limit of violence , hate , messed up relationships and just utter garbage writing and cringe worthy actors and acting . They have run out of any intelligent ideas and we are ending up with shows like std and sgpoo . They think shock is what we want . They think the viewing audience is now mindless stupid people the world over which if anyone is watching std , then yes ,you are in that group which is a sad statement for humanity at its core .

That's exactly what's wrong with STD, and with many shows in general. The writers are so unintelligent and bereft of ideas and talent that they can only write stuff on the level of reality show melodrama. Their characters live in a constant state of reality show conflict, namely the women. Since this has a female lead it could easily be called The Real Housewives of Star Trek. It's crappy, misogynistic writing at its best.

Here is more shilling. I can't believe the length people go to pretend to like this tripe. Why are these dickheads trying to shove this piece of crap down our throat?

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/78hjho/star_trek_discovery_is_1_digital_original_series/

The people in that thread are either paid shills or pathetic fanbois who completely ignore the falsity of the ratings metrics. (And the metrics are laughably false.) There are posters who actually believe STD is a genuine success because it got a second season and they refuse to understand how corporate marketing and investing works. This show always had a second season planned from the start. Calling it quits after one season was never an option. That's how big budget investing works these days. But these intellectual gerbils believe otherwise, lol. :icon_lol:

*As I understand it Parrot Analytics, the "ratings" company, counts social media mentions as actual views of the shows they rank. If that isn't the most bogus metric that can be used to rank something then I don't know what is.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The people in that thread are either paid shills or pathetic fanbois who completely ignore the falsity of the ratings metrics. (And the metrics are laughably false.) There are posters who actually believe STD is a genuine success because it got a second season and they refuse to understand how corporate marketing and investing works. This show always had a second season planned from the start. Calling it quits after one season was never an option. That's how big budget investing works these days. But these intellectual gerbils believe otherwise, lol. :icon_lol:

*As I understand it Parrot Analytics, the "ratings" company, counts social media mentions as actual views of the shows they rank. If that isn't the most bogus metric that can be used to rank something then I don't know what is.
Exactly!
The paid shills are pushing these articles of it being renewed like it's a success to try and entice people to stay. :icon_lol: but what these dumb assholes don't realize is that Star Trek fans are a little more intelligent than they are.

Just see how much bullshit gets posted. These people are ethically broken....
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekDiscovery/

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I will stick to watching The Orville , Ghosted, The Expanse ( A real space show ) , Travelers , reruns of previous real Star Trek shows and a few others but never ever will I place my eyes any where near that std . What a fitting name and there failing miserably trying to get the media to call it some thing else other than the acronym STD . Good luck with that . It is an incurable STD that will always have an open wound on true Trek fans worldwide ...
Be Gone I say ,,, be gone ...
Many people don't have high hopes for humanity which is why they shove this dystopian/dark and gritty crap down our throats. These people that want the human race to come crashing down suffer from a mental disorder.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You know, at first I thought you were being serious about liking discovery(a bit hard to tell sarcasm over the internet) but you played well.

Well I don't "like it" but I still give it a chance. It'd take a lot for me not to watch something that's supposed to be Star Trek. There are plenty of facepalm moments but I have a thick skin.

Exactly!
The paid shills are pushing these articles of it being renewed like it's a success to try and entice people to stay. :icon_lol: but what these dumb assholes don't realize is that Star Trek fans are a little more intelligent than they are.

Just see how much bullshit gets posted. These people are ethically broken....
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekDiscovery/

The Reddit forum is filled with paid shills. It's kind of sad how legit posters think they're debating the merits of this show with genuine fans when in truth they're interacting with a bunch of paid corporate drones that don't give a shit about the subject matter. And anyone who thinks CBS All Access/Netflix isn't using a shill service (or several) to try and fix public perception of STD is a fool. People are ripping this turd apart and it's a given that they're trying to counter act that fact.

Here's how it works:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
That's exactly what's wrong with STD, and with many shows in general. The writers are so unintelligent and bereft of ideas and talent that they can only write stuff on the level of reality show melodrama. Their characters live in a constant state of reality show conflict, namely the women. Since this has a female lead it could easily be called The Real Housewives of Star Trek. It's crappy, misogynistic writing at its best.

STD == Sexually Transmitted Disease ?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Reddit forum is filled with paid shills. It's kind of sad how legit posters think they're debating the merits of this show with genuine fans when in truth they're interacting with a bunch of paid corporate drones that don't give a shit about the subject matter. And anyone who thinks CBS All Access/Netflix isn't using a shill service (or several) to try and fix public perception of STD is a fool. People are ripping this turd apart and it's a given that they're trying to counter act that fact.

Here's how it works:

THIS! Finally a well narrated video on paid shilling and "internet marketing". :) The sad part is not their existence, the sad part is the people out there who are too dull to spot it. And it isn't just in TV and entertainment. It's politics, products, cars, clothes, tech, phones, etc.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well holy crap that reddit are pretty nasty scum bags .
CBS must be paying tons of cash to these guys ,,,

:daniel01:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

They are making Discovery ALL about this "Michael" character. Why are they doing that? I am not interested in her because she is like, a psychopath, mkay? So, that leaves the other characters, and Lorca is a future mass shooter type who seems as unstable as Michael, only he just has not snapped yet. And just the simple suggestion that spores can be used to travel through space is just about as far away from science as you can get. With that in place, you never have to talk about warp cores, overloads or plasma conduits or calculate warp speeds. And you never have to show the ship in warp or have any meaningful dialogue about journeys. As soon as this woman wasn't looking, I would slap a comm badge on her and lock on to beam her into space at the widest possible dispersion.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, on Debauchery, anything can happen. I bet they made him into a Hannibal Lecter type character who walks around with a little treat box full of tidbits of alien and human flesh for him to snack on. Who knows? Who cares? :) I can't believe how hard it is just to make it through a single episode of this show. I still have not finished the second half of episode 3.

Well, on Debauchery, anything can happen. I bet they made him into a Hannibal Lecter type character who walks around with a little treat box full of tidbits of alien and human flesh for him to snack on. Who knows? Who cares? :) I can't believe how hard it is just to make it through a single episode of this show. I still have not finished the second half of episode 3.

Yeah, I was just curious to see how badly they were messing up an established character. I'm sure the writers are going to claim that it's a younger version of Mudd therefore they have carte blanche on how they present him. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, I was just curious to see how badly they were messing up an established character. I'm sure the writers are going to claim that it's a younger version of Mudd therefore they have carte blanche on how they present him. :rolleye0014:

He is Mudd today, but he was born as a female and raised by an interspecies Klingon/Cardassian couple living on Romulus. What's more, his twin sister who is still a female is actually McCoy's mother from the past because when she was a little girl, she chased a tribble which was being chased by a Gorn into a time portal where she met up with Leonard McCoy's father who actually signed the adoption papers for Michael when Sarek secretly adopted her under Spock's nose. It's complicated.

This guy told me all this shit over his pumpkin soy latte just out of the blue.

manbun_hipsyter.jpg

Last edited: