Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I know, right? Can you imagine how many times McCoy said that one in a drunken stupor? Or Kirk saying it in the confines of his quarters as foreplay before banging some port-of-callgirl from some far flung star system? Sure, but do we need to HEAR it in our Star Trek? I am glad I am not watching it.

kitten_covers_ears.jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Act III
Disregarding the uncontrollable facial tics and muscle movements using her Vulcan training to calm herself ,Micheal places her hand on the control panel and finishes releasing any breathable air that may be in the rest of the ship . She smiles as she thinks of them all gasping for air until they all suffocate . One more button to set and the self destruct settings gives her a full 42 ( the meaning of life , the universe and everything) seconds to escape . Threw angled hallways and lense flares galore , she steps around the corner only to see the blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creature sitting in the pod . She see's it but it does not see her . She steps back quickly using her vulcan skills to step back quickly . Sarek is close behind following her every footstep . She feels his presence and turns to face him . Sarek pulls up a chair and tells her, Michael I could have called you Sue but Johnny Cash already took that one . You must lure the creature from the escape pod . Remember your Vulcan training. Skill is not always about strength . It is about what you can make others believe . Michael understands and walks towards the creature but quickly notices a crewman 6 laying there gasping for air . She thinks quickly with her Vulcan training using her smartest person ever in star fleet skills and tosses the crewman a few feet to the left of the creatures view as she is coming from the right . She is always right she tells herself . Always . The blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creature leaps to the left out of the shuttle and begins to devour crewman 6 . Michael leaps from the right because she is always right and is the smartest person in the universe and slides into the pod closing the door quickly as she enters . There are spores everywhere in the pod . The blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creature left huge dung piles of floating dust space mites throughout the very small pod . As the pod door closes , the blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creature turns to see her . It rushes to the pod and pushes it's nipples to the portal window of the door . Michael notices something on the blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creatures nipple . The creature has the ignition key for the pod clamped to its tit ! Michael's facial ticks begin with a fury . She is trapped on a suffocating ship set to self destruct with a blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creature! . She has only one choice . Open the pod door and rip that key from the blue nipple clamper bedbug spore shitting creatures tit .Sarek pops into the pod and has a cup of vulcan tea in his hand . With words of wisdom he instructs her as to how to recover the key . Use your vulcan mind meld training to subdue the creature and recover the key . F@#K DAT she says !Michael opens the door and with her trusty phaser set to melt by her side she blows a friggin huge hole threw its head and grabs the key , closes the door and ejects herself into space looking out the portal window as the ship implodes on itself . The facial tick has left the building ...
To be continued

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sadly CBS lawyers will defend this claiming that the idea is original and not stolen.

Lawyers can never do the damage that social media can. It won't matter if the lawyers say it's original. Anyone looking at the Tardegrade story can see that Discovery ripped it off. Besides that, the show itself is just multi-fail on so many levels. Original or not, it's doomed (in my opinion).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Lawyers can never do the damage that social media can. It won't matter if the lawyers say it's original. Anyone looking at the Tardegrade story can see that Discovery ripped it off. Besides that, the show itself is just multi-fail on so many levels. Original or not, it's doomed (in my opinion).
LOL dude...What world are you living in? Social Media is all talk and very little action. We all live in a VERY VERY corrupt world that is so deceiving/full of traps and scams and bullshit everywhere. Did the Panama leaks do anything? Nope...Illegal offshore money laundering is still happening.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Furthermore, no matter how you put it, one thing I have realized is that TPTB will NEVER listen, because they think they are smarter than us.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL dude...What world are you living in? Social Media is all talk and very little action. We all live in a VERY VERY corrupt world that is so deceiving/full of traps and scams and bullshit everywhere. Did the Panama leaks do anything? Nope...Illegal offshore money laundering is still happening.

I'm living in the real world, dude. :). I am very removed from being influenced by spin and advertising. It is very very hard to manipulate my emotions by reading stories online or internalizing irrelevant "news" which does not pertain to my existence.

Having said that, what I have observed is that for the masses who ARE influenced by social media and "news" and programming, it's the perceptions that matter. There is a reason the social media platforms were/are valued at billions of dollars each. It's the reach and influence. They do not have to "do" anything actively. They are the motive forces which inspire people to take action. Social media was the seed of the creation of activist groups like BLM and the LGBT movements. Social media influences political campaigns, fashion, tech and trends.

Understanding why social media and social conditioning is more powerful than actual activism is a skill within itself. It allows one to easily identify those traps and scams and bullshit you speak of. :daniel_new_anime005:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Furthermore, no matter how you put it, one thing I have realized is that TPTB will NEVER listen, because they think they are smarter than us.

They won't listen to us because they don't need to. They only need to make money for their investors so they do what they need to do based upon that. They no longer have to appeal to advertisers by means of viewership ratings. They only need to get more subscribers or be on a platform with a paying audience.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That f#!kin show is horrible . Oh sorry , did I drop the f bomb ! Just reading off my script dude !

:facepalm:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I'm living in the real world, dude. :). I am very removed from being influenced by spin and advertising. It is very very hard to manipulate my emotions by reading stories online or internalizing irrelevant "news" which does not pertain to my existence.

Having said that, what I have observed is that for the masses who ARE influenced by social media and "news" and programming, it's the perceptions that matter. There is a reason the social media platforms were/are valued at billions of dollars each. It's the reach and influence. They do not have to "do" anything actively. They are the motive forces which inspire people to take action. Social media was the seed of the creation of activist groups like BLM and the LGBT movements. Social media influences political campaigns, fashion, tech and trends.

Understanding why social media and social conditioning is more powerful than actual activism is a skill within itself. It allows one to easily identify those traps and scams and bullshit you speak of. :daniel_new_anime005:
Yeah, well 12 million other people disagree with us but this smells fishy given that it might be paint a pretty picture on discovery.i.e. paid by CBS.

Here’s the full chart:

RANK

SHOW

AVERAGE DEMAND IMPRESSIONS

Ozark Netflix

Star Trek: Discovery CBS All Access

Stranger Things Netflix

The Handmaid’s Tale Hulu

Narcos Netflix

Orange Is The New Black Netflix

Castlevania Netflix

Marvel’s The Defenders Netflix

13 Reasons Why Netflix

House of Cards Netflix

Source: Parrot Analytics; Average Demand Expressions between July 14 and October 11, 2017.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/ne...fenders-full-house-house-of-cards-1201888675/

RANK

SHOW

AVERAGE DEMAND IMPRESSIONS

Star Trek: Discovery CBS All Access

Big Mouth Netflix

Stranger Things Netflix

The Handmaid’s Tale Hulu

Narcos Netflix

Orange Is The New Black Netflix

Ozark Netflix

13 Reasons Why Netflix

House of Cards Netflix

Fuller House Netflix

Source: Parrot Analytics; Average Demand Expressions between October 5 and October 11, 2017.

Last edited:
Yeah, well 12 million other people disagree with us but this smells fishy given that it might be paint a pretty picture on discovery.i.e. paid by CBS.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/ne...fenders-full-house-house-of-cards-1201888675/

What's the 12 million number from? Is it from when the show aired on CBS for free following the football game? Or is it supposed to be subscribers to CBS All Access? If so then that means that they have gotten over 12 million new subscribers to their service. And if they have gotten over 12 million new subscribers to their service why aren't they shouting it from the rooftops?

Something's fishy indeed.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What's the 12 million number from? Is it from when the show aired on CBS for free following the football game? Or is it supposed to be subscribers to CBS All Access? If so then that means that they have gotten over 12 million new subscribers to their service. And if they have gotten over 12 million new subscribers to their service why aren't they shouting it from the rooftops?

Something's fishy indeed.

Exactly. And because nobody can verify those numbers, I am still not buying it. I just do not see the buzz out there which matches these numbers. Who is watching this show?

Exactly. And because nobody can verify those numbers, I am still not buying it. I just do not see the buzz out there which matches these numbers. Who is watching this show?

The article is full of double-speak when explaining how the rankings are figured out. Right below the ranking table it says: Source: Parrot Analytics; Average Demand Expressions between July 14 and October 11, 2017.
WTF is "Average Demand Expressions"? (And right in the table itself it calls them "Impressions" instead of "Expressions". Again, WTF???)

So instead of hard ratings numbers these are simply "expressions" and/or "impressions"? M'kay. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The article is full of double-speak when explaining how the rankings are figured out. Right below the ranking table it says: Source: Parrot Analytics; Average Demand Expressions between July 14 and October 11, 2017.
WTF is "Average Demand Expressions"? (And right in the table itself it calls them "Impressions" instead of "Expressions". Again, WTF???)

So instead of hard ratings numbers these are simply "expressions" and/or "impressions"? M'kay. :rolleye0014:

Hmmm...I would want to tell everyone how great my widgets were if I had a warehouse full of widgets I knew were so bad I couldn't virtually give them away. This thing has to fly if it is going to get another 8 million dollar per episode budget for Season Two. At this rate, the 15 episodes cost 120 MILLION to produce. Many movies don't get that much to make.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I already posted this link a while back in the Thread. Season 2 is already guaranteed because Netflix paid for it but I don't see it going beyond season 2. This show from the beginning was suppose to have a VERY short shelf life like all shows on streaming services unless you are stupid lame of thrones.

Wait a minute...I want to make it clear that Netflix did NOT pay for a Season Two, and no Season Two has been greenlit as of this date. Netflix paid for Season One which is being aired in two chunks. They have not paid for a Season two and no negotiations are in progress for such funding. Just wanted to make sure that was very clear!

This was the article you linked:

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/10/8/16444242/star-trek-discovery-season-2-renewal

Nowhere in it does it say that Netflix paid for a Season Two, nor does it even confirm there will be a Season Two at all. Just sayin!