Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well that is weird because it was on the top of the list yesterday... Guess I should have taken a screen shot

;)

THEY NEED TO STOP USING THIS LINE OF BULLSHIT!

The launch of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY on CBS All Access broke a new record for subscriber sign-ups in a single day, week and month for the service.

This is a completely meaningless statement as there is no previous record threshold of any significance within the CBS All Access context!

Dear God, please, give these people cancer! :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
@Tripler Why was that video hard to find? I posted that here a couple of days ago. ;)

@Tripler When I google on "std sucks" I get no mention of Star Trek Discovery. Mostly references to C++.

@everyone_else Also. Someone appears to have removed my Star Trek Discovery reference from the STD Wikipedia page. Which one of you guys was it huh? ;)

Hahahaha! It was brilliant! Somebody did, but we have a screenshot of it. Touche!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is a completely meaningless statement as there is no previous record threshold of any significance within the CBS All Access context!

Record signups could mean ANYTHING! If they had 100 pathetic signups last year and they got 105 this year, that is a new record too. And why the mention of day week and month? They don't count in the fact that the only way anyone was going to see STD was to sign up? What about retained membership numbers? Unless Discovery is enough to retain any new memberships, people are going to be stuck with a mediocre streaming service that only half works and is full of garbage content.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

You do know that is just to appease the share holders, right? They have their annual reports due soon lol.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From the comments in Tripler's linked article:

View attachment 33607

I did that same thing exactly. I downloaded episode 3 with a torrent, but I could only make it through about half the episode. I joined with a 2-day commercial free trial, and less than 3 hours after watching the second episode, I canceled. I have not seen all of episode 3 or anything after that. Don't want to.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Awww...it was embedded! No screenshot. :( What if I add it? Will they edit it right away?

I presume that it won't be gone straight away.

The way to do it is to type Star Trek: Discovery and put it between double square brackets.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I presume that it won't be gone straight away.

The way to do it is to type Star Trek: Discovery and put it between double square brackets.

I have never edited a Wikipedia article before.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is more shilling. I can't believe the length people go to pretend to like this tripe. You either like it or don't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/78hjho/star_trek_discovery_is_1_digital_original_series/

There is a lot of shilling going on for this show. But there is a LOT more negative commentary than positive. The fans are not liking this show. The "new" fans seem to be a smaller group of people. It's like what is happening on Rotten Tomatoes.

Capture.PNG