Schwarzenegger To Take Break From Acting

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
He might need the money after his wife is through plucking him.
All the more reason to wait with making movies.
Better make those after the divorce is settled so he can keep those profits for himself.

His wife is substantially rich from old family money, if I'm not mistaken. If I'm right, there would be no legally justifiable reason for her to "clean him out".

G

Graybrew1

He might need the money after his wife is through plucking him.
All the more reason to wait with making movies.
Better make those after the divorce is settled so he can keep those profits for himself.

That is sooo true. What a humongous mistake that woman was for him. I still can't believe he did that. I was surprised.

S

Stonelesscutter

His wife is substantially rich from old family money, if I'm not mistaken. If I'm right, there would be no legally justifiable reason for her to "clean him out".

Do those reasons need to be legally justifiable?
Sometimes the law works in crooked ways.

Bluce Ree

Unless they have a pre-nup, it would default to law which starts, I believe even here in the US, at sharing all assets 50/50 and goes from there with other factors such as child support, continued income, etc. But it's not an arbitrary assignment of assets despite what you see on TV.

However, considering she's a Kennedy, you can bet there was a pre-nup signed prior to the wedding. Her family is far too powerful and old to not have insisted on one.

Bluce Ree

Unless they have a pre-nup, it would default to law which starts, I believe even here in the US, at sharing all assets 50/50 and goes from there with other factors such as child support, continued income, etc. But it's not an arbitrary assignment of assets despite what you see on TV.

However, considering she's a Kennedy, you can bet there was a pre-nup signed prior to the wedding. Her family is far too powerful and old to not have insisted on one.

I took a quick look and, under California law, all community property is equally divided from the date of marriage to the date of separation. So, either way, it doesn't look like anyone is cleaning anyone out.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
There seldom is... Sad thing is, though, that after the "cleaning out", the only one who really gets something out of it is the lawyer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There seldom is... Sad thing is, though, that after the "cleaning out", the only one who really gets something out of it is the lawyer.

I think that this split is what is causing Arnie to consider getting back into film. He can get rich again easily if he can still pull off the macho rib crushing hero role. He could easily shift that to the "mean and tough General in charge of an army" role and to an "implied power" thing like they always have James Earl Jones doing in movies.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I think that this split is what is causing Arnie to consider getting back into film. He can get rich again easily if he can still pull off the macho rib crushing hero role. He could easily shift that to the "mean and tough General in charge of an army" role and to an "implied power" thing like they always have James Earl Jones doing in movies.
I like that!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't know if I'd want to see Arnie in a remake of Heartbreak Ridge :)

Bluce Ree

I don't know if I'd want to see Arnie in a remake of Heartbreak Ridge :)

I guess he can always take Clint Eastwood's path. First, a sequel the Bridges of Madison County where he can claim to be Clint's younger brother and have a crack at the Meryl Streep. Further down the line, he can have his own Grand Torino but using a more modern car. Um ... Pinto LE.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I guess he can always take Clint Eastwood's path. First, a sequel the Bridges of Madison County where he can claim to be Clint's younger brother and have a crack at the Meryl Streep. Further down the line, he can have his own Grand Torino but using a more modern car. Um ... Pinto LE.

NNOOOOOOO!!!!
There is no way in hell Arnie could pull off Gunny Highway, no way at all!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like that!

I second that!

:) They always have James Earl Jones in a uniform with LOTS of brass, or just in a suit and he gets to utter uber-power phrases like "I was never here" and stuff. He is always connected to some "over the government" entity. Arnie would do well to avoid action roles, because after a certain time it is no longer plausible. I didnt need to see Harrison Ford in that last Raiders flick. He hadnt aged well IMO enough to pull off the swashbuckler thing, even if physically able to do so. Arnie is no longer Terminator material...IMO. Sly has started sagging and now his muscular body looks more like a half melted action figure doll.

Bluce Ree

NNOOOOOOO!!!!
There is no way in hell Arnie could pull off Gunny Highway, no way at all!!

Hey, you brought it up. Now you'll have to live with that thought we burned into your mind the rest of your days.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:) They always have James Earl Jones in a uniform with LOTS of brass, or just in a suit and he gets to utter uber-power phrases like "I was never here" and stuff. He is always connected to some "over the government" entity. Arnie would do well to avoid action roles, because after a certain time it is no longer plausible. I didnt need to see Harrison Ford in that last Raiders flick. He hadnt aged well IMO enough to pull off the swashbuckler thing, even if physically able to do so. Arnie is no longer Terminator material...IMO. Sly has started sagging and now his muscular body looks more like a half melted action figure doll.

Now i'm having flashbacks to the ending of Raiders of the lost ark :D

Bluce Ree

True but he does look good in a shirt (i.e. Rambo) and still portrays a plausible action hero, IMO. It's not mandatory to "unshirt" the guy. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
True but he does look good in a shirt (i.e. Rambo) and still portrays a plausible action hero, IMO. It's not mandatory to "unshirt" the guy. :icon_lol:

True. But the Terminator universe he is a part of...why would Skynet build an aging Terminator? Can he still pull a sequel to a movie like Total Recall off? I dont think so...

Bluce Ree

True. But the Terminator universe he is a part of...why would Skynet build an aging Terminator? Can he still pull a sequel to a movie like Total Recall off? I dont think so...

That was brought up recently in one of the threads. He could portray a general or mercenary or someone respected / known in the resistance after whom the T-800 likeness was modeled. Since we're now in the future, it could be at any point in his lifetime.