Schwarzenegger To Take Break From Acting

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
T3 was a disaster IMHO(worst of the 4). T1 and T2(The best one) were both decent. T4 was a bit better but still not as good as T2.
agreed but im a bit biased as i saw T2 as a kid so its near and dear to my heart ;)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Good for you! Are you allowed to tell us what you're getting paid for? Perhaps we should move this discussion to Omni's art thread though. ;)

a little stressfull but it pays ;)
and no nothing i can show as its between me and the client.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes I presume so, because the franchise was just recently bought by another investor.

That would be Justin Lin, right? :beckettd: McG's Terminator 4 sucked loudly, IMO. I did not like the way they did the movie at all, since they skipped over the part where Skynet created the first Terminator. Yeah, they had backstory of the guy who agreed to have his body used for experimentation, but how did they go from that to a fully robotized version in the lifetime of John Connor? Also, why Christian Bale? He is a good actor for Batman, but not for Terminator. I couldnt get over the heavy lisp that he has. The Terminator story stopped with terminator 3 and there needs to be a proper continuation of that. I fear that these investors will take their slightly used Terminator rights and then try to milk them for every dollar they are worth. Prequels, squels, tangents, a game show, a special 24-oz Big Gulp mug, etc. If Arnold is in it, however, I must see it no matter how much they butcher it. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
That would be Justin Lin, right? :beckettd:

Nope...it was Hedge fund named Pacificor
Liongate and sony lost the bidding to the franchise.

New York (HedgeCo.net) – Halcyon Holdings has accepted a deal from hedge fund Pacificor yesterday after a five-hour auction, according to a report by IndieMoviesOnline.com.
The Terminator rights were sold for $29.5 million, following a legal battle in which Halcyon Holding was forced to file for bankruptcy, the case was started by the hedge fund which won the bidding wars, Pacificor.
Lionsgate and Sony were strong bidders, even teaming up at one point, but eventually loosing to the frenetic will of the hedge fund, which has an interesting backstory in the case.

http://www.hedgeco.net/news/02/2010/hedge-fund-pacificor-wins-terminator-franchise-rights.html

McG's Terminator 4 sucked loudly, IMO. I did not like the way they did the movie at all, since they skipped over the part where Skynet created the first Terminator. Yeah, they had backstory of the guy who agreed to have his body used for experimentation, but how did they go from that to a fully robotized version in the lifetime of John Connor?
I agree here, T4 wasn't has good as it could have been.The trailers looked great but when I went to watch the movie, I was sadly very disappointed. T3 is the crappiest out of all them.
Also, why Christian Bale? He is a good actor for Batman, but not for Terminator. I couldnt get over the heavy lisp that he has. The Terminator story stopped with terminator 3 and there needs to be a proper continuation of that. I fear that these investors will take their slightly used Terminator rights and then try to milk them for every dollar they are worth. Prequels, squels, tangents, a game show, a special 24-oz Big Gulp mug, etc. If Arnold is in it, however, I must see it no matter how much they butcher it. :)
This is probably bale's worst performance on any movie I've seen from him. He kinda over-acted in this movie and didn't fit as a John Connor role.I actually got the first 30 minutes of the movie(Snuck into another cinema room :icon_lol:) when I was waiting for another movie to air.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I don't really care about that though, I was hoping for the Terminator with him. I don't care much for any other stuff with him, I think his best performance was at the Terminator movies.
Hey, don't forget the excellent "Predator", "Total Recall" and "Eraser"! :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Hey, don't forget the excellent "Predator", "Total Recall" and "Eraser"! :)

Yeah, I loved those, but even in those movies he was really cheesy at parts. It has to do with his accent I guess, I watched the dubbed versions mostly and he sounds more serious in those ones, but still.

S

Stonelesscutter

Last Action Hero!!
The Sixth Day.
True Lies! Excellent stuff.

Ooh I forgot The Running Man.

Forgot another one. Kindergarten Cop. :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Last Action Hero!! :jonasanime02:

The Sixth Day. :beckettu:

True Lies! Excellent stuff. :)

The Running Man. :icon_neutral:

Kindergarten Cop. :facepalm:

S

Stonelesscutter

Ehm... Collateral Damage?

Commando?

Twins?

End of Days?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why does everybody hate T3? I loved all three Tereminator movies including T3. I absolutely HATED T4. I didnt like the way they changed the Skynet backtsory for that movie, I didnt like the fact that Reese and John Connor interacted with the half-terminator because then that would mean that Skynet developed the T1 in a very short timeframe. It also messes up Reese (IMO). I hope that if there is a T5, it ignores the events of T4.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Why does everybody hate T3? I loved all three Tereminator movies including T3. I absolutely HATED T4. I didnt like the way they changed the Skynet backtsory for that movie, I didnt like the fact that Reese and John Connor interacted with the half-terminator because then that would mean that Skynet developed the T1 in a very short timeframe. It also messes up Reese (IMO). I hope that if there is a T5, it ignores the events of T4.

I too couldn't stand T3, and found that its story was so full of holes, that even the T2K couldn't repair. I guess it was the fact that they essentially sh*t on the character of John Connor. In the movie, he was a pathetic, whiny, druggy loser akin to Hayden Christiansan as Anakin Skywalker. What's worse is that he was supposed to get killed by a terminator in the future. According to the first two movies, John was some badass leader of the resistance, trained from birth to fight Skynet, taught the resistance how to kill terminators, and brought the human civilisation back from extinction, and WON. Yet in T3, he was some idiot getting knocked off by a terminator, cause he's got father issues. Give me a break!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

I too couldn't stand T3, and found that its story was so full of holes, that even the T2K couldn't repair. I guess it was the fact that they essentially sh*t on the character of John Connor. In the movie, he was a pathetic, whiny, druggy loser akin to Hayden Christiansan as Anakin Skywalker. What's worse is that he was supposed to get killed by a terminator in the future. According to the first two movies, John was some badass leader of the resistance, trained from birth to fight Skynet, taught the resistance how to kill terminators, and brought the human civilisation back from extinction, and WON. Yet in T3, he was some idiot getting knocked off by a terminator, cause he's got father issues. Give me a break!
This!
And the fact that T3 didn't make much sense after T2, specially in that the Terminatrix was supposed to be much more advanced than Arnie, but in fact she got her butt kicked by him. And finally that they weren't consistent with her abilities to manipulate other computers, even getting to the point of 'magic' IMO.
Other than that, I agree with OM1: I learned to turn a blind eye to those problems and ended up really enjoying T3. As well as T4. :eek:
It's just that T1 and T2 were so brilliant that 'just' good T3 and T4 movies aren't going to cut it for many people I believe.