Schwarzenegger To Take Break From Acting

heisenberg

Earl Grey
UPDATE*
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger put his movie comeback on hold Thursday as he deals with fallout from his affair with his housekeeper and braces for what could be a costly divorce.
A statement from Schwarzenegger's office said the former Terminator star has asked his talent agency to put all his motion picture projects that are under way or being negotiated on hold until further notice.
"Gov. Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines," the statement said. "This includes Cry Macho, the Terminator franchise and other projects under consideration. We will resume discussions when Gov. Schwarzenegger decides."

The revelation that Schwarzenegger fathered a child with his housekeeper also set the stage for what could be a big-money divorce case that will stand out even in a city that has seen its share of made-for-the-tabloids matrimonial splits.

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/19/136474...ak-from-acting

S

Stonelesscutter

Awesome.
I hope that it'll just completely ignore Terminator 4 coz that was just a big steaming pile of crap.
Maybe the theme for the new movie will be terminators running for office to control things from higher up. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Awesome.
I hope that it'll just completely ignore Terminator 4 coz that was just a big steaming pile of crap.
Maybe the theme for the new movie will be terminators running for office to control things from higher up. :)
i liked Terminator salvation myself.. and i dont see why so many people think its crap.. imo T1 and T3 is way way waaaay worse.
also that horrible excuse for a tv show they had going is the worst ever.

S

Stonelesscutter

i liked Terminator salvation myself.. and i dont see why so many people think its crap.. imo T1 and T3 is way way waaaay worse.

I had no problems with T1 and T3. Those movies along with T2 are in a universe of their own. But then T4 came and tried to be totally different. Sort of like SGU was trying to be different. Well they both succeeded but was it a good thing?
Never seen the TSCC series except for 1 episode I think.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Yeah, I liked Terminator Salvation also. I didn't care for Christian Bale's over acting though. He's ridiculously full of himself.

Was T3 the one with the chick terminator in it? The one with the lame ending?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I had no problems with T1 and T3. Those movies along with T2 are in a universe of their own. But then T4 came and tried to be totally different. Sort of like SGU was trying to be different. Well they both succeeded but was it a good thing?
Never seen the TSCC series except for 1 episode I think.

Well since there was a time travel plot line informing the story from the beginning they were bound to eventually do a movie set in the future that explained more about it. Was it a great movie? No, but I thought it was okay.

Oddly enough I liked Sam Worthington's character quite a lot. He was empathetic/sympathetic. Christian Bale's "John Connor" was very wooden and stiff though, not appealing at all.

OMNI

Yeah, I liked Terminator Salvation also. I didn't care for Christian Bale's over acting though. He's ridiculously full of himself.

Was T3 the one with the chick terminator in it? The one with the lame ending?

cool :) and yes bales acting was well a tad off if you will.
and yes that was T3 dont forget the nerdy pathetic version of john connor ;)
Well since there was a time travel plot line informing the story from the beginning they were bound to eventually do a movie set in the future that explained more about it. Was it a great movie? No, but I thought it was okay.

Oddly enough I liked Sam Worthington's character quite a lot. He was empathetic/sympathetic. Christian Bale's "John Connor" was very wooden and stiff though, not appealing at all.
agreed and personally id like to see more of future-nator :)

and agreed for a hollywood movie it wasnt great but enjoyable as most movies are these days.
and i agree about sam worthington's character he was much more enjoyable then the stiff christian bale even tho i personally usually like bales performances.

S

Stonelesscutter

Weren't there some major plotholes in T4? I don't remember coz I only saw that movie once. Should I watch it again?

OMNI

Weren't there some major plotholes in T4? I don't remember coz I only saw that movie once. Should I watch it again?

yes you should watch it again.
i watched it earlier this evening with the mrs ;)
gonna make me a T-800 model in the near future bc of it ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

yes you should watch it again.
i watched it earlier this evening with the mrs ;)
gonna make me a T-800 model in the near future bc of it ;)

You seem to be into modelling robots lately, so I'm gonna suggest you should also do a model of ED-209. (robocop)

OMNI

You seem to be into modelling robots lately, so I'm gonna suggest you should also do a model of ED-209. (robocop)

i know what ed-209 is ;) and ive wanted to do some robocop stuff aswell but like the T-800 ed-209 will have to wait as im busy with a load of payed comissions atm :)

S

Stonelesscutter

i know what ed-209 is ;) and ive wanted to do some robocop stuff aswell but like the T-800 ed-209 will have to wait as im busy with a load of payed comissions atm :)

Good for you! Are you allowed to tell us what you're getting paid for? Perhaps we should move this discussion to Omni's art thread though. ;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
T3 was a disaster IMHO(worst of the 4). T1 and T2(The best one) were both decent. T4 was a bit better but still not as good as T2.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I hated Terminator 3, didn't see Salvation, saw some episode of the Sarah Connor series, seemed decent enough for me, but can't judge really. I'm susprised Arnold is back though.

S

Stonelesscutter

I hated Terminator 3, didn't see Salvation, saw some episode of the Sarah Connor series, seemed decent enough for me, but can't judge really. I'm susprised Arnold is back though.

Apparently he was done being a governor. And hey, you gotta do something, right.
Especially if you can earn millions by acting cool.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
What else is he gonna do? He's done terminating the State of California...