Schwarzenegger To Take Break From Acting

S

Stonelesscutter

OMFG!!!!!!
Arnie slipped his terminator to the hired help and this is what is "newsworthy"???

Somtimes I really think the US just deserves reality TV :facepalm:

Jerry, Jerry!!

Hehehehheheh. LOL.
But you know Jerry is fake right? ;)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
i liked Terminator salvation myself.. and i dont see why so many people think its crap.. imo T1 and T3 is way way waaaay worse.
also that horrible excuse for a tv show they had going is the worst ever.

What!?! The TV show was great! But I agree with you about Terminator 4, I didn't get the hate for it. I actually thought it was better than Terminator 3 which was basically just a crappy version of T2. I mean Salvation wasn't a great movie or anything but I enjoyed it.

Terminator 2
Terminator 1
-
-
-
-
-
-
Salvation
-
-
-
-
-
-
Terminator 3

I don't really feel the need to see another movie though. Unlike the Alien franchise I felt the sequels (i.e. after 2) were unnecessary rather than ruining great potential.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It's the kids who suffer!

there are five people in the Arnold "situation" I feel sorry for- his children...his kids with Maria have to be feeling shitty (his eldest son is changing his last name from Schwarzennegger to Shriver -his mom's last name) and his "other child" has to be feeling very abandoned...after all i doubt he lived the lifestyle his half-siblings have.

I don't worry about the money for the former terminator...he is said to be worth about $300 MILLION- and I am pretty sure he had a pre-nup! to be really stinky- I'm not surprised he did this, the Kennedy women (and yes Maria Shriver is a Kennedy) have a habit of picking philandering men. Most of her cousins (male and female) near her age have had to deal with that in their marriages. there is a beleif that philandering may be in one's DNA. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

there are five people in the Arnold "situation" I feel sorry for- his children...his kids with Maria have to be feeling shitty (his eldest son is changing his last name from Schwarzennegger to Shriver -his mom's last name) and his "other child" has to be feeling very abandoned...after all i doubt he lived the lifestyle his half-siblings have.

I don't worry about the money for the former terminator...he is said to be worth about $300 MILLION- and I am pretty sure he had a pre-nup! to be really stinky- I'm not surprised he did this, the Kennedy women (and yes Maria Shriver is a Kennedy) have a habit of picking philandering men. Most of her cousins (male and female) near her age have had to deal with that in their marriages. there is a beleif that philandering may be in one's DNA. :P

If like you say all Kennedy women have to go through this situation then perhaps there's something inherently wrong with those women. :)
Maybe they don't put out enough anymore after getting married. Or maybe they nag and complain all the time.
Or indeed the men they're attracted to are just assholes.
But Arnie always seemed like a stand up nice guy to me.
I also think his son changing his last name is a little bit over the top.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
If like you say all Kennedy women have to go through this situation then perhaps there's something inherently wrong with those women. :)
Maybe they don't put out enough anymore after getting married. Or maybe they nag and complain all the time.

it's the men they choose, they like powerful attractive men who have oversized libidos! they pick men like their husbands, fathers, uncles, grandfather- womanizers! JFK cheated on Jackie throughout all her pregnancies, Teddy used a bridge in Chappaquiddick Mass to end the unwanted pregnancy (and the LIFE) of a girlfriend saving his marriage to Joan, Michael Kennedy (son of Bobby) had a "relationship" (read statuatory rape!) with his kids' 14 year old babysitter,.....shall i go on?? New England gal here- you either adore the kennedys or loathe them...guess which category I fall into? ;)

Lilith

GateFans Noob
What else is he gonna do? He's done terminating the State of California...

And his marriage, future with his children (know and unkown yet), and paying Maria a hellva lot of money. Take a page out of Ivanna's book, get everything.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
OMFG!!!!!!
Arnie slipped his terminator to the hired help and this is what is "newsworthy"???

Somtimes I really think the US just deserves reality TV :facepalm:

Jerry, Jerry!!

Having been around for Mary Jo's Kopecke death, seen Joan's attempt to survive the reign of Terrible Teddy, then to see him considered a (tainted saint), after he was expelled from Harvard for cheating, after the nephews rape trial, Robert's childrens misbehavior, we feel for the Kennedy women, or I do as a woman. I'm not as nice as them there would have been gun fire, fingerprints, blood splatter patterns, swat team.

Lilith

GateFans Noob

What is the right way to handle this? The children certainly don't know. I applaud Maria for walking out. That isn't normal for a Kennedy. She saw what a good marriage was and I'm sure she knows what she doesn't want for herself and her children. Stand up guy, yeah like Bill Clinton. They all are until they get caught. Ultimate power corrupts, not just men the women too. I'm sure John Edwards wouldn't have gotten so far into his affair without the help of others and I'm sure Arnold wouldn't have either. Bill Clinton used the Arkansas state police to shuttle his women back and forth. Name recognition doesn't excuse bad behaviour. It's like what is right never occurred to these guys. Feeding Frenzy is going to be enjoyable to watch. You will never convince me that Victoria Reggie tamed Teddy.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I admit to being EVIIIIL!

Having been around for Mary Jo's Kopecke death, seen Joan's attempt to survive the reign of Terrible Teddy, then to see him considered a (tainted saint), after he was expelled from Harvard for cheating, after the nephews rape trial, Robert's childrens misbehavior, we feel for the Kennedy women, or I do as a woman. I'm not as nice as them there would have been gun fire, fingerprints, blood splatter patterns, swat team.

Ah hell, for me there would be no blood splatter (use a drop cloth), no gunfire (use a silencer- or just smother him), no fingerprints (that's what gloves are for) and no swat team (no noise!) AND I know where you can hide a body that no one will find! "no body no crime" ;) i'd just tell everyone that my hubby had left me to pursue a "new life" in the South Pacific somewhere! ;)

What is the right way to handle this? The children certainly don't know. I applaud Maria for walking out. That isn't normal for a Kennedy. She saw what a good marriage was and I'm sure she knows what she doesn't want for herself and her children. Stand up guy, yeah like Bill Clinton. They all are until they get caught. Ultimate power corrupts, not just men the women too. I'm sure John Edwards wouldn't have gotten so far into his affair without the help of others and I'm sure Arnold wouldn't have either. Bill Clinton used the Arkansas state police to shuttle his women back and forth. Name recognition doesn't excuse bad behaviour. It's like what is right never occurred to these guys. Feeding Frenzy is going to be enjoyable to watch. You will never convince me that Victoria Reggie tamed Teddy.

Me either, but maybe his meds did! ;) he was on blood pressure meds which can kill a man's ability to perform! :P

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Ah hell, for me there would be no blood splatter (use a drop cloth), no gunfire (use a silencer- or just smother him), no fingerprints (that's what gloves are for) and no swat team (no noise!) AND I know where you can hide a body that no one will find! "no body no crime" ;) i'd just tell everyone that my hubby had left me to pursue a "new life" in the South Pacific somewhere! ;)

Me either, but maybe his meds did! ;) he was on blood pressure meds which can kill a man's ability to perform! :P

This is true. I remember Teddy's agenda to make Joan feel like crap, like he was anything to write home about. Vicky was just enthralled by the Kenndeys since they were friends of her father. The way he used Joan during his failed attempt to run for President was just pathetic. Hey, if you need help digging any holes just let me know. I could use a vacation.
I will give Vicky this..... she was smarter than him, hands down.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

See that, far to the other side of where you are now, Thats my point over there.

I'm not condoning the guys behavior at all, if a wanted to be all sensational about it I would have brought up Tiger Woods' clubs.

As an outsider, the US seems tragicly obbsessed with "who's on first" in the world of celebrities (not to say it doesn't happen out here as well unfortunately), which leads to people wanting to know more about them. so you get stuff like DWTS. Then we want to know about our neibours, so you get "real housewives". You want to feel what's it's like to succeed and not get of your arse?, We've got the biggest loser for that, and on they roll

S

Stonelesscutter

I completely retract my previous statements about Terminator Salvation.
After seeing it for a second time last week I now feel it's a great movie.
I'm not sure why I didn't like it the last time I saw it. Perhaps disappointment with the lack of Arnold.

G

Graybrew1

See that, far to the other side of where you are now, Thats my point over there.

I'm not condoning the guys behavior at all, if a wanted to be all sensational about it I would have brought up Tiger Woods' clubs.

As an outsider, the US seems tragicly obbsessed with "who's on first" in the world of celebrities (not to say it doesn't happen out here as well unfortunately), which leads to people wanting to know more about them. so you get stuff like DWTS. Then we want to know about our neibours, so you get "real housewives". You want to feel what's it's like to succeed and not get of your arse?, We've got the biggest loser for that, and on they roll

Agreed. I don't know what is wrong with this country's tastes anymore. I blame the crappy schools.

Down under sounds more and more inviting everyday. :icon_e_wink: :biggrin:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Agreed. I don't know what is wrong with this country's tastes anymore. I blame the crappy schools.

Down under sounds more and more inviting everyday. :icon_e_wink: :biggrin:

It's a wonderful place once you get used to living with a medicine cabinet containing anti-poisons for spider bites where you have 30 seconds to live. :icon_lol:

An acquaintance of mine who lived in the outback would always shake out his shoes before putting them on. The one time he didn't, he was bit by a spider that pierced right through his toenail. Imagine that. He had to be rushed to the hospital and pumped with anti toxins because he forgot to refill his first aid kit (or something to that effect).

Oh, yeah, and creepy crawlies straight out of Jurassic Park. :icon_lol:

j/k - it isn't that bad apparently and my sister-in-law said she got used to it after the first year living there as a kid. :D

G

Graybrew1

It's a wonderful place once you get used to living with a medicine cabinet containing anti-poisons for spider bites where you have 30 seconds to live. :icon_lol:

An acquaintance of mine who lived in the outback would always shake out his shoes before putting them on. The one time he didn't, he was bit by a spider that pierced right through his toenail. Imagine that. He had to be rushed to the hospital and pumped with anti toxins because he forgot to refill his first aid kit (or something to that effect).

Oh, yeah, and creepy crawlies straight out of Jurassic Park. :icon_lol:

j/k - it isn't that bad apparently and my sister-in-law said she got used to it after the first year living there as a kid. :D

Spiders or not. LOL According to GF they still have good taste in TV.

Back OT. Has Swarzenegger given it up for good now that all this has happened? It is not like he needs the money or anything. And he has that "HOT" new GF to keep him company. :laughing:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Back OT. Has Swarzenegger given it up for good now that all this has happened? It is not like he needs the money or anything. And he has that "HOT" new GF to keep him company. :laughing:

He's an attention whore. Of course he's not giving it up. Plus all this publicity will only help his career, not hurt it. :icon_lol:

S

Stonelesscutter

He might need the money after his wife is through plucking him.
All the more reason to wait with making movies.
Better make those after the divorce is settled so he can keep those profits for himself.