Recommendation Thread

S

Stonelesscutter

For some reason the Back to the Future trilogy totally escaped my attention when I made my recommendations.
They are now available on bluray.
Also and perhaps even more interesting, there is now an adventure-game that sort of acts like a new BTTF movie.
It's not really very difficult but enjoyable nonetheless.
It really gives you that old BTTF feel.
Check it out.
Game is by Telltale Games by the way.
www.telltalegames.com

Sidenote, they're also working on a new Jurassic Park game there which is almost finished.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
So I watched Dark Crystal, that was creative. One thing that annoyed me the entire movie was how girly looking the main character was. Was kinda weird and wacky but kinda creative.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Picked up a scifi four-pack for my hubby recently:
Soylent Green
Forbidden Planet
Time Machine (Original- not that horrible recent remake!:P)
2001:A space (boring) odyssey

We sat down to watch Heston chew the scenery in Soylent Green- a great view of the future from the 70's....it seemed in the 70's the future was always grim...;)

for trekkies-watch for Brock Peters (admiral cartwright and joseph sisko) as Heston's boss.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So I watched Dark Crystal, that was creative. One thing that annoyed me the entire movie was how girly looking the main character was. Was kinda weird and wacky but kinda creative.

I thought both the Gelflings were pretty androgynos, but hey we all see different things!
You say it was creative, but did you like it?

G

Graybrew1

I thought both the Gelflings were pretty androgynos, but hey we all see different things!

Anybody mention Journey to the Center of the Earth? I like the remake with Brendan Frasier. Heck , I like almost anything with him it.

S

Stonelesscutter

Anybody mention Journey to the Center of the Earth? I like the remake with Brendan Frasier. Heck , I like almost anything with him it.

I believe that hasn't been mentioned yet.
I also liked the remake. :) Gotta see if I can get me that one on bluray sometime.

G

Graybrew1

I believe that hasn't been mentioned yet.
I also liked the remake. :) Gotta see if I can get me that one on bluray sometime.

Yeah , and do you remember the tease at the end of that movie, for 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I had always hoped they would make that sequel but alas , they never did.

S

Stonelesscutter

It was on my DVD list, but thats about all I've seen about it.

I saw you write somewhere that you have power over the computer at home.
You could always use that to find it ofcourse.
But perhaps that's just not your style.

S

Stonelesscutter

Yeah , and do you remember the tease at the end of that movie, for 10,000 Leagues under the Sea. I had always hoped they would make that sequel but alas , they never did.

I would sooo love to see a remake of that as well. Let's pray they'll do it eventually.
I loved Brendan in the first two Mummy movies as well by the way.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Just for you GB:

brendan30.jpg
Brendan-Fraser-underwater.jpg
brendan-fraser-20070503-250437.jpg

There is a very good reason why Mrs Gatefan bought "George of the Jungle", and it ain't the storyline.... :eek: :laughing:

S

Stonelesscutter

George of the Jungle!!! I totally forgot about that one.
Loved it. (not for the same reason your wife does)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
George of the Jungle!!! I totally forgot about that one.
Loved it. (not for the same reason your wife does)

Well, I'm sure if she were here she would argue my statement, but after almost 15 years, I know better :D

G

Graybrew1

Just for you GB:

brendan30.jpg
Brendan-Fraser-underwater.jpg
brendan-fraser-20070503-250437.jpg

There is a very good reason why Mrs Gatefan bought "George of the Jungle", and it ain't the storyline.... :eek: :laughing:

For me? Gosh and I didn't even get anything for you. LOL . But tell Mrs. GF she has great taste in BF.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

Nah, the females have wings, yeah?

I had a preconceived notion it was going to be kinda goofy fun stuff but it was kinda a drama wasn't it? Don't really equate drama with puppets. I thought the story could have been better done with a different medium than puppets, you know? But, I did like the story despite the stupid thing I hate because of its self-fulfilling aspect, a prophecy.

Why the hell is a topless Brandon Frasier giving me the eyes.

G

Graybrew1

Nah, the females have wings, yeah?

I had a preconceived notion it was going to be kinda goofy fun stuff but it was kinda a drama wasn't it? Don't really equate drama with puppets. I thought the story could have been better done with a different medium than puppets, you know? But, I did like the story despite the stupid thing I hate because of its self-fulfilling aspect, a prophecy.

Why the hell is a topless Brandon Frasier giving me the eyes.

Eyes like steel....Sigh..... LOL

G

Graybrew1

Its creeping me out. I'd walk out but I fear he'll check out my ass.

come on, you left that wide open for me to say...... He can check out mine anytime.... Hope the hubby does not read this...I feel so ashamed... LOL