Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Please explain to me how multiplication by zero is not an abstract concept.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I recently heard that math is racist so I just give the cashier 50 cents less than they are asking for and call it a day.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So, when Nature drops a perfectly good Maple tree down on the perfect spot...
of COURSE you make a bridge out of it!

fortunately had a good deal of leftover lumber from other projects, technically spent zero $ on this

before anyone says it... the 'crookedness' is due to 2 things
1- the far side (from the aspect of the picture) is much lower than the near side, thats why the railing looks 'bent', but all surfaces are relatively "true" to the lay of the tree

2- Its NATURE! You DON'T LEVEL NATURE!
1f642.png

Besides, you know how heavy that log is?

some start to finish photos

1694998825247.png
1694998841759.png
1694998855519.png
1694998870537.png

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I almost totally forgot!

Roof is done, they finished about 2 weeks ago,, thanks to those of you who helped out!

IMG_2178.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2179.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 31

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So, when Nature drops a perfectly good Maple tree down on the perfect spot...
of COURSE you make a bridge out of it!

fortunately had a good deal of leftover lumber from other projects, technically spent zero $ on this

before anyone says it... the 'crookedness' is due to 2 things
1- the far side (from the aspect of the picture) is much lower than the near side, thats why the railing looks 'bent', but all surfaces are relatively "true" to the lay of the tree

2- Its NATURE! You DON'T LEVEL NATURE!
1f642.png

Besides, you know how heavy that log is?

some start to finish photos

View attachment 35803View attachment 35804View attachment 35805View attachment 35806
Nice job. So, where does the bridge lead?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Terabitha

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Nice job. So, where does the bridge lead?
Shangri La

aka, my neighbor's property :) he told us a long time ago we could come on to pick berries, mushrooms, gather already dead firewood, etc

he has a house a bit upriver and owns about 4 miles of river front, nearly all woods. he is nearly never there as is wife refuses to live "in the woods"

shame too- log cabin type finished 2 story home with basement; tennis court, in ground pool, professional made 1 lane firing range gun and archery... picnic pavilion. i think he rents it on air bnb and hosts guests of his company there sometimes

guy is way into trout fishing, its his main concern

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
just realized how OLD these google sat pics are! I scrolled oved to my house and I was rebuilding this deck about 6 years ago.. wonder why they do not updt the images more often?

and the chicken coops are still up, we have been out of that for quite awhile now

1695426524862.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Ah, there's a railway right behind your house. Not a very busy one I hope.

Where's the creek on that second picture?

First time I've ever seen the start button and all centralized. What kind of heathen are you! :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ah, there's a railway right behind your house. Not a very busy one I hope.

Where's the creek on that second picture?

First time I've ever seen the start button and all centralized. What kind of heathen are you! :D
The river is to the north, which is up, of course. The pic is just zoomed in

the RR has been officially abandoned since about 2013 or so, you cannot see it in the pic, but on the west side, I have a chain link fence going across it

there are massive wash outs now in places, some big enough to put a car into. another area where you cannot even find the tracks they are under about 2 foot of mud

the tracks behind my house / on my property and adjacent are now growing over with bushes and trees

again this pic is like 5-6 yrs old, don't know why GOOGLE hasn't updated

google earth is just as outdated looks like same exact picture
1695529572279.png

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
And yet here you are promoting her shit, lol. ;)
Not promoting but I wanted to know what you guys think of it?

Nerdrotic is very negative and serious but some of the things he does mention is true but it can become tiresome to hear that in almost video about woke hollywood. He is just trying to get views these days.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
F***ing Youtube now they want me to watch stupid loud annoying ads now. I am now using brave/Firefox instead of chrome.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not promoting but I wanted to know what you guys think of it?

Nerdrotic is very negative and serious but some of the things he does mention is true but it can become tiresome to hear that in almost video about woke hollywood. He is just trying to get views these days.
the video above, that guy was talking about this, Nerdrotic and the others in the fandom menace and how they have burnt up their niche

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I use Opera, which seemingly has a built-in ad blocker, as I never see any ads. Recently, Youtube has started showing me messages that use of ad blockers is illegal at the start of every video. But the window has a little timer before the X button at the top right which only takes a second or two, so I just close that and then watch the video. Now they are not showing me that window anymore, or perhaps Opera is blocking it, but Youtube has become extremely slow to load things. I'm guessing I'm being purposely throttled by Youtube.