Shadow Mann

Staff member
Happy New Year!
New Year Party GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Happy New Year Frohes Neues Jahr GIF

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep! And 12 Angry Men is a pretty top end film which basically takes place in one room.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Yep! And 12 Angry Men is a pretty top end film which basically takes place in one room.
Such a cool film and how he is able to get others to change their minds if they really thought about it. The 1957 is beautifully done better than the 1954 you can feel tension and drama with the use of silence near the end. It's so beautifully done. I love the acting too.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
You know I have noticed that Age of Empires 1 soundtrack sounded more powerful when I first heard it back in 1998 - 2002. I don't think it's has anything to do with growing old I remember like it was yesterday. I think it could be do with the sound drives. Anyone come across this before? I just can't put my finger at it. I wish I had the old version I had to compare it and I don't think my memory is that bad because other songs are feeling the same like they used when I first heard in fact I can hear more and have greater appreciation for them.

Last edited:

Shadow Mann

Staff member
You know I have noticed that Age of Empires 1 soundtrack sounded more powerful when I first heard it back in 1998 - 2002. I don't think it's has anything to do with growing old I remember like it was yesterday. I think it could be do with the sound drives. Anyone come across this before? I just can't put my finger at it. I wish I had the old version I had to compare it and I don't think my memory is that bad because other songs are feeling the same like they used when I first heard in fact I can hear more and have greater appreciation for them.
I loved those tracks in the game. I even once recorded them onto a CD with other game music. Haven't played AoE1 in decades, but I still play III and IV. Music on those is cool too.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Does YouTube not have videos of the old game and music somewhere? There's lots of stuff you can find there you might not expect.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I loved those tracks in the game. I even once recorded them onto a CD with other game music. Haven't played AoE1 in decades, but I still play III and IV. Music on those is cool too.
Does YouTube not have videos of the old game and music somewhere? There's lots of stuff you can find there you might not expect.
YouTube does have them but like I said they don't sound the same or feel the same. They sounded more powerful back then especially with the sound drivers back then. I mean Pokemon Yellow sounds lovely but when it comes to Age of Empires it sounds different. Also, I have noticed whenever I play them on my computer the graphic look way worse than what I remember and they weren't this bad. I wish I had a Pentium 1 to compare them.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Have to see how it turns out. Afterlife was okay.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Domain renewal fell on my birthday, and I was out of town so I did not do it on time! I saw it the next day and my message from Joelist, and then paid it. The site did not come back right away because I had to call them to confirm. Not a site or software issue,