Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
But I thought that's what we did here.

I may watch it. But not watching a lot of TV lately. And lots of other stuff to catch up on.
:) i know... i watched the available eps, they put out two to start, then 1 a week, waiting till they all load then watching.

if there is but 1 other viewer i shall launch a thread!

so far, its looks like it could have promise...

I did make a thread for FROM, since that show's 2nd season came out, waiting for more eps of that to load as well

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you can thanks, if not, well that's ok too

I think I should start to pay only ten percent of my monthly home insurance premium and see what they say about that? they know that $600 won't even buy materials

@Joelist @Shadow Mann @Quetesh @Lord Ba'al @Atlantis

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

I think I should start to pay only ten percent of my monthly home insurance premium and see what they say about that? they know that $600 won't even buy materials

I'm happy to chip in a little bit mate, but money is rather tight here. In any case, when I try to log in on that website, they're trying to force me to put in my phone number, and I'm not having that. I'll contact you in private message to discuss an alternative.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm happy to chip in a little bit mate, but money is rather tight here. In any case, when I try to log in on that website, they're trying to force me to put in my phone number, and I'm not having that. I'll contact you in private message to discuss an alternative.
thanks a lot! I replied to your PM

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Gotcha Thursday IIRC.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

Would love to chip in but I am earning low income dude here 21.38 per hour. Is it tax deductible?
As someone who has worked in the service industry with former militants and army people I know what the industry does to people and as someone who has also suffering from PTSD I know what he must be going through trying to find employment.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Would love to chip in but I am earning low income dude here 21.38 per hour. Is it tax deductible?
As someone who has worked in the service industry with former militants and army people I know what the industry does to people and as someone who has also suffering from PTSD I know what he must be going through trying to find employment.
in the US all donations are tax deductible don't know about Australia

converting that $ rate, that is low, less than what ppl make here at walmart

as for 'industries' and what they are doing, this one for us is a definite fck over by the House Insurance industry
we have been paying monthly payments for over 20 yrs just to be pissed on with a $600 check for a job that will cost $6000

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It took me a few moments to get this, but then I laughed hard.

IMG-20230616-WA0002.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How are things going with the roof @YJ02 ?
going...

We raised enough with the donations and with my pay to at least 'lock in' the materials cost -- we are going with a steel roof cause.... its actually cheaper than asphalt! Oil prices make it that way- crazy huh?

Over $1000 cheaper, and, no demo charge for labor to remove old shingles or charges to take the stuff to the landfill either - steel roof wil just go right over the old roof and will last for a very long time; warrantied for 50 yrs

now we just need $2500 for the rest and getting there too, of that, we need about $1700 more. I don't how to updt the gofundme to reflect that so I just post an updt when i post the GFM link on FB and Twitter

and I went through so many Govt agencies, State and Fed, for Vets and non Vets, as well as NGO's like Habitat for Humanity (they are having a ugly roof contest to determine which roof they willfix this year) Red Cross, and many others

found out Pennsylvania has a State taxpayer funded program for just this kind of thing, for people like me in need a bridging a gap in funding or in need of a grant for small home repairs

BUT our new State Rep promised to save tax money in Harrisburg and he found a mechanism to 'turn off' this program for his legislative area!

i mean the State will just spend OUR tax money somewhere else! I called the shit out of him on his Official and Personal FB page for this, as well as local FB groups

he got pissed and had his staff try to get a County agency, that exists to attract business to the area, to get me a grant to shut me up. They turned me down because I am not old enough! The age they pick though, 62, is the age to receive social security, but I already receive social security due to disability.. BUREAUCRATIC mess

just trying to finish on our own with my retiree and disability pay and hopefully some more donations

thanks for asking! :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think that Firefly miniseries is referring to comics rather than a tv show. Bummer.