Random Banter

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I use Opera, which seemingly has a built-in ad blocker, as I never see any ads. Recently, Youtube has started showing me messages that use of ad blockers is illegal at the start of every video. But the window has a little timer before the X button at the top right which only takes a second or two, so I just close that and then watch the video. Now they are not showing me that window anymore, or perhaps Opera is blocking it, but Youtube has become extremely slow to load things. I'm guessing I'm being purposely throttled by Youtube.
Yeah I had that for like first 3 days and when I was using chrome. After that I got the message that I will be allowed to only 3 more videos before Youtube will block me from seeing the videos if I don't disable Adblocker.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I use Opera, which seemingly has a built-in ad blocker, as I never see any ads. Recently, Youtube has started showing me messages that use of ad blockers is illegal at the start of every video. But the window has a little timer before the X button at the top right which only takes a second or two, so I just close that and then watch the video. Now they are not showing me that window anymore, or perhaps Opera is blocking it, but Youtube has become extremely slow to load things. I'm guessing I'm being purposely throttled by Youtube.
I Would say that yes, you are being throttled by YT

YT has there own ad countdown. for skippable ads, usually ads more than 10 seconds long, there is a 5 sec countdown then 'skip' appears

although my 8 yr old daughter has shown me a way to 'skip' the non skippable longer ones

you drop down to the 'info on this ad' button while ad is playing and then select something like "not appropriate" or "not applicable to me" , the ad will go away and you video will start

kids.. huh?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I Would say that yes, you are being throttled by YT

YT has there own ad countdown. for skippable ads, usually ads more than 10 seconds long, there is a 5 sec countdown then 'skip' appears

although my 8 yr old daughter has shown me a way to 'skip' the non skippable longer ones

you drop down to the 'info on this ad' button while ad is playing and then select something like "not appropriate" or "not applicable to me" , the ad will go away and you video will start

kids.. huh?
Yep. I'm familiar with these when watching on my phone. Not getting any of this on Opera though.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
didn't NERDROTIC was in prison.. explains his sh1t attitude and pessimism on everything

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXIwRdhYCs

I also see I am not alone in my feeling towards these 'critics'

View: https://youtu.be/YNEZFq7_Q40?t=266
I unsubbed from Nerdrotic and Geeks and Gamers and several other "Fandom Menace" channels because they became shills for the access media and they are too thirsty for money IMO. I do still listen to creators like Josiah Rises and Doomcock and a bunch of others.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well now, who else, like me, remembers Political discussion being banned here on GF's? and yet.. #confused :)

Hey there Ted, just want to say that I just don't get into political debates here at X. I only respond to comments or posts that have been made by leftists/progressives, and most all of my followers are conservatives like myself. I am always going to be a conservative. We can have these discussions over at GateFans. Politics is not my thing here. Just sayin! BTW, I am back at GateFans.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well now, who else, like me, remembers Political discussion being banned here on GF's? and yet.. #confused :)
I remember! Is anyone complaining that it's gone? :confused0006:Maybe politics and religion are topics that are polarizing and invite arguments. Maybe there is enough of that in real life so people go online to escape it. MAYBE. I get my fill of it on YouTube at X, NewsMax and a few other sites, and then I respond to them but only as a response, not as a point of debate. In other words, I do not engage people who I already know have as an equally opposed position just to have an argument or debate. At X, it's easy to filter them out.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
LOL! I just realized that this is the DM (private message) I sent to you at X when you were chasing me trying to get me to engage in some dumb discussion about Russia and Ukraine. Why not post the more recent ones? :cameronanime06:How dickish! :icon_rotflmao:

Anyhoo, I am not going to feed that. The Panderverse episode has created some epic threads at X and hilarious videos on YT! It illustrated perfectly how the woke narratives and agendas are destroying TV and films and gaming and comics.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nygfvI5cZ9w

Last edited:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
The sad thing is that I think in the future comicons will be a thing of the past because these tv networks seem to be cancelling shows left, right and centre without letting them build a legacy or a culture at least in sci-fi.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
The sad thing is that I think in the future comicons will be a thing of the past because these tv networks seem to be cancelling shows left, right and centre without letting them build a legacy or a culture at least in sci-fi.
I agree. There are no shows drawing fanbases large enough to have their own conventions. Not even Star Trek, unless the old Trek is also included and even then they are half what they used to be. The comics have become boring and infected with agendas too. Nobody wants to go to the events.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I gotta be honest. I was never attracted to any of those events in the first place, yet I do love my Star Trek and my Stargate. It's just not for me. I like the shows. Don't need no conventions.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right now this is all on a conveyor belt - produce more content with no thought at all to quality. It's like a factory approach to a creative endeavor.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
At the risk of appearing ignorant and lazy, what's a DEI vehicle?
Diversity Equity and Inclusion (aka Woke). It's part of the "stakeholder" lingo coming out of Blackrock and Vanguard. Because it has cost so many corporations so much in losing value and customers, it is falling quickly from favor and the money that gave them leverage is being pulled out. High DEI scores = access to loans was the leverage. But it has been other people's money being leveraged.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This is pretty funny! Might be one of the funniest commercials I have ever seen!

Last edited: