Production List

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I am sure they are also hoping for SGU ( The Musical ) Coming to a Broadway Theater soon !!!

Tropicana

Council Member
I am sure they are also hoping for SGU ( The Musical ) Coming to a Broadway Theater soon !!!
If the show's inherent depressing theme runs throughout the musical, I think it will resort in many walking out and some, committing suicide.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yaaay for calvin!

Didn't BW and JM concoct some line of BS about how they had a five season story arc after it was apparent to them that SGU was tanking? Some sort of desperate entreaty to trick us sci-fi hayseeds into watching? The pathetic thing is that they thought that no one would notice that they really had no idea where they were going with the story/stories. The LA story line is proof that they have been winging it: it doesn't make sense, it hardly moves and they don't know what to do with the group of leftover LA henchmen that they've rounded up. It's obvious they were writing as they went along and were not working off much of an outline.

Now this would be a Stargate movie I'd pay to see. I suspect it would be documentary style, a sort of sci-fi Nuremburg trial. Watching BW/RC et al trying to defend themselves in the face of so much overwhelming evidence of their guilt would be bathetic and pathetic at the same time. I'm sure the DVD sales would hit a new high for the Stargate franchise.

Great post and I have finally discovered why we get along so well... love the calvin siggie....he's my hero! ;)

The only good thing to come out of the LA storyline has been.....wait for it....you know what's coming guys!:rolleyes:

......Mike Dupod! :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Didn't BW and JM concoct some line of BS about how they had a five season story arc after it was apparent to them that SGU was tanking? Some sort of desperate entreaty to trick us sci-fi hayseeds into watching? The pathetic thing is that they thought that no one would notice that they really had no idea where they were going with the story/stories. The LA story line is proof that they have been winging it: it doesn't make sense, it hardly moves and they don't know what to do with the group of leftover LA henchmen that they've rounded up. It's obvious they were writing as they went along and were not working off much of an outline.

You hit the nail right on the head. That whole LA storyline was so obviously last-minute that they ended up doing nothing with it in season 2. As of right now, they're nothing more than extras with a few lines.

Story arc? Just LOL :icon_lol:

Now this would be a Stargate movie I'd pay to see. I suspect it would be documentary style, a sort of sci-fi Nuremburg trial. Watching BW/RC et al trying to defend themselves in the face of so much overwhelming evidence of their guilt would be bathetic and pathetic at the same time. I'm sure the DVD sales would hit a new high for the Stargate franchise.
Maybe they can feature them in an episode of A&E's Intervention. How their self-addictions caused the demise of their success.

Bluce Ree

Great post and I have finally discovered why we get along so well... love the calvin siggie....he's my hero! ;)

The only good thing to come out of the LA storyline has been.....wait for it....you know what's coming guys!:rolleyes:

*sigh* Your beloved skinny-ass, barrel-chested "hunk" Mike Dopud? :facepalm:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Y'know, I may not like Mike Dopud for the same reasons that you do, but he is a fine actor and it's too bad that he's only landed relatively minor roles so far. I hope that the thus far unknown role in Blood & Chrome may lead to something bigger, should the movie serve as a back-door pilot for a regular tv series.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
you got hunk envy bluce!

Y'know, I may not like Mike Dopud for the same reasons that you do, but he is a fine actor and it's too bad that he's only landed relatively minor roles so far. I hope that the thus far unknown role in Blood & Chrome may lead to something bigger, should the movie serve as a back-door pilot for a regular tv series.

he is a very good actor and has what is known as "presence"-- when he is in a scene you notice him no matter how small the role.

Bluce Ree

he is a very good actor and has what is known as "presence"-- when he is in a scene you notice him no matter how small the role.

Or how small his physical presence. :icon_lol:

Oh, I kid. I'm just egging you on. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
hunk envy!

Or how small his physical presence. :icon_lol:

Oh, I kid. I'm just egging you on. ;)

I know I know...you have a classic case of hunk envy! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He is very lucky.

*sigh* Your beloved skinny-ass, barrel-chested "hunk" Mike Dopud? :facepalm:

LMAO! :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao:

I notice that from a standpoint of a fitness oriented guy, Mike Dopud is actually sorta flabby and is carrying too much fat and not enough muscle. BUT, his naturally mesomorphic build and his height allows him to APPEAR muscular when clothed. But looking at this picture reveals that he is not very muscular and probably does not work out:

jennkiryk9-1.jpg

He is one of those dudes who gets the women but guys cant figure out why. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
*cough*

LMAO! :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao:

I notice that from a standpoint of a fitness oriented guy, Mike Dopud is actually sorta flabby and is carrying too much fat and not enough muscle. BUT, his naturally mesomorphic build and his height allows him to APPEAR muscular when clothed. But looking at this picture reveals that he is not very muscular and probably does not work out:

View attachment 3399

He is one of those dudes who gets the women but guys cant figure out why. :)

He gets women "of a certain age". ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For comparison

He gets women "of a certain age". ;)

Unlike Dopud, the actor who plays Baal on SG-1 (Cliff Simon) is in EXCELLENT shape. He looks to be carrying about 8-12% bodyfat and is quite muscular...DEFINITELY works out.

cliff_shirtless.jpg

I would think HE would be the one that the women thunk for. But since Im a hetero male, I cant see past my eyes in that regard. There is actually a thunk thread for Robert Carlyle on Gateworld!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthre...cholas-Rush-Thunk-Appreciation-thread/page758

Seriously? Women have such strange tastes!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Carlyle the "thunk"?

There is actually a thunk thread for Robert Carlyle on Gateworld!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthre...cholas-Rush-Thunk-Appreciation-thread/page758

I can be objective enough to say that Robert Carlyle is a good actor (at times) but I honestly can't see how anyone could find his "Dr. Rush" persona attractive. And in general I just don't understand how anyone could be attracted to the aesthetics of RC (the stringy, greasy hair, the scraggly, scruffy facial hair, the gauntness, the beady eyes, etc.). Perhaps some of the ladies or gay men on the forum could enlighten me how it's possible to find Carlyle attractive, physically?

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
Michael Shanks has been letting it slide the past few years, but he definitely also worked out and was in surprisingly good shape in his SG-1 days. Particularly since he was playing the role of a geek archeologist.

Bluce Ree

Unlike Dopud, the actor who plays Baal on SG-1 (Cliff Simon) is in EXCELLENT shape. He looks to be carrying about 8-12% bodyfat and is quite muscular...DEFINITELY works out.

He's in great shape but there's nothing quite like a barrel chest complete with popping rib cage to get those juices flowing in some women.

View attachment 3402

I would think HE would be the one that the women thunk for. But since Im a hetero male, I cant see past my eyes in that regard. There is actually a thunk thread for Robert Carlyle on Gateworld!

Don't try to figure out women. I thought I had finally cracked that Da Vinci code recently until I realized I was about 10 feet out past the cliff's edge in mid-air.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I can be objective enough to say that Robert Carlyle is a good actor (at times) but I honestly can't see how anyone could find his "Dr. Rush" persona attractive. And in general I just don't understand how anyone could be attracted to the aesthetics of RC (the stringy, greasy hair, the scraggly, scruffy facial hair, the gauntness, the beady eyes, etc.). Perhaps some of the ladies or gay men on the forum could enlighten me how it's possible to find Carlyle attractive, physically?

sorry still trying to figure that one out myself !:P

as for Mike Dopud--- play nice boys or else! [URL="http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/rac80/smilies/emevilgrin49.gif"][URL="http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/rac80/smilies/emevilgrin49.gif"] [/URL][/URL] he's one man I wouldn't kick out of bed! ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
sorry still trying to figure that one out myself !:P

as for Mike Dopud--- play nice boys or else! [URL="http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/rac80/smilies/emevilgrin49.gif"][URL="http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/rac80/smilies/emevilgrin49.gif"] [/URL][/URL] he's one man I wouldn't kick out of bed! ;)

stargate-atlantis-tracker_1222129274.jpg

Mike sez: "Oh Rac80, if only it had been you that I dragged off into this Vancouver forest then the pain of having these sticky pads ripped off my bare flesh would be worth it!"