Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You were right???

What do I win for being right?

:D

Um, no, you weren't right. You concocted a scheme to call them as a "customer", which isn't exactly what Overmind did, was it? My suggestion was closer to what he did than yours was, that's clear.

And how, exactly was I wrong in my method? I said to call asking for information for something you were writing for a website publication. That's hardly a lie, unlike posing as a "customer" is when it comes to credibility.

I hereby contest the allocation of First Prize in this farce of a contest as obviously the judges are playing favorites and the whole thing was rigged. If anyone is going to be sitting across the table from Sherry Harris at Burger King it's going to be Sami, the "customer" and not moi, the one who was officially right.

Thank you.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Style, not class

Burger King with Sherry? Surely you jest, Shape.

I was thinking of that all you can eat buffet at the end of National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation. :rotflmao:

Sami_

GateFans Noob
Um, no, you weren't right. You concocted a scheme to call them as a "customer", which isn't exactly what Overmind did, was it? My suggestion was closer to what he did than yours was, that's clear.

And how, exactly was I wrong in my method? I said to call asking for information for something you were writing for a website publication. That's hardly a lie, unlike posing as a "customer" is when it comes to credibility.

I hereby contest the allocation of First Prize in this farce of a contest as obviously the judges are playing favorites and the whole thing was rigged. If anyone is going to be sitting across the table from Sherry Harris at Burger King it's going to be Sami, the "customer" and not moi, the one who was officially right.

Thank you.

Didn't you want to call and find someone who was willing to "yak your ear off" so they could sound like a "big shot".

I wanted to call and ask legitimate questions that anyone wishing to rent space from Bridge would ask.

You lose, sorry buddy - I would recommend a whopper meal.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Didn't you want to call and find someone who was willing to "yak your ear off" so they could sound like a "big shot".

I wanted to call and ask legitimate questions that anyone wishing to rent space from Bridge would ask.

Can i go large with that meal?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Congrats on your dinner date, Valentino!

Yes, I said it helps to get someone low on the totem pole who wants to prove themselves, i.e. justify their lowly job. Why is that deceptive on my part?

You wanted to call and ask questions about renting space from Bridge studios, but the question wouldn't be legitimate because you have no intention of renting space from Bridge studios. My calling Bridge Studios and claiming to be writing something for a website publication is certainly more legitimate in the offing. Hell, I could post about it here and that would make my call legitimate but you could not and would not rent studio space from Bridge studios. No matter how you try to spin it you lose.

Overmind proved us both wrong in that one doesn't have to give any excuse to call Bridge for information. Regardless, my idea was certainly less deceptive than yours. "Customer" ha! :roll:

Besides, you obviously slept with the judges in order to "win" this contest. Enjoy your grilling in front of the Senate Sub-Committee Hearing on Delusional Schemes and Deceptive Practices.

Oh yeah -- and enjoy your dinner with Sherry. Burger King has a .99 cent menu and chances are Sherry will supply the libation so it looks like you two kids will have a grand old time of it. Hopefully you won't wake up in a strange bed -- with a pounding headache -- next to an unconscious body -- again.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why don't you both go out with Sherry? There! :rolleyes:

Sir, I'll have you know that at least one of us has standards.

(Hint: It's the one who didn't sleep with the judges.)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Sir, I'll have you know that at least one of us has standards.

(Hint: It's the one who didn't sleep with the judges.)
Well, then you should know that the prize for cheaters is even worse: a dinner date with Hinman instead. :eek:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, then you should know that the prize for cheaters is even worse: a dinner date with Hinman instead. :eek:

So that means that Sami will be dining with Hinman? I don't know which is worse, but shit,he made his bed so he can lie in it...hopefully without Hinman or Sherry. ;)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'd assume that MGM has a window of opportunity to renew their contract - until then the lots won't be free. Also I doubt they're allowed to say even if they know, they don't want to annoy large companies by announcing the closure of sets and shows, especially one that's provided over a decade of business.

Another possibility is that MGM keeps the lots for future TV projects. They have to be looking to expand in that market and having a place to film (incidentally with many crew members in the area) gives them a head-start.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'd assume that MGM has a window of opportunity to renew their contract - until then the lots won't be free. Also I doubt they're allowed to say even if they know, they don't want to annoy large companies by announcing the closure of sets and shows, especially one that's provided over a decade of business.

Another possibility is that MGM keeps the lots for future TV projects. They have to be looking to expand in that market and having a place to film (incidentally with many crew members in the area) gives them a head-start.

Well, BJS is over in Bulgaria working on a movie and AH wants to do more "Smallville" now, so the cast is already starting to break up. We should know more on monday/tuesday aparently.

Sami_

GateFans Noob
They may just hold the sets and tear down the SGU sets when they are ready to shoot something else (MGM that is) which unfortunately would leave an opportunity for SGU fans to hold out hope.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
The production list from today http://teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf
lists the Stargate Atlantis Season 5 Schedule from 2008! WTF!?

I bet there is SOMETHING Stargate related going on but somebody screwed up and put SGA's old info on the list. I really got my hopes up for a SGA movie when I first saw the name, but then looked at the dates and was not so happy any more. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Atlantis movie????

View attachment 3156

It really must be some kind of screw up. The schedule says 2008. :(

Its not that screwed up....the schedule says: Feb 19, 2011 to Oct 10, 2011!

And the production company Pegasus Productions V....in 2008, it consisted of the following:

http://www.vancouver.com/movies/hollywood_north/currently_filming/

STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5)
Pegasus Productions V Inc.
Exec. Prod: Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, John Smith
Prod: John Lenic
DOP: Michael Blundell, Jim Menard
PD: James Robbins
PM: John Lenic
PC: David Magee
LM: Lorne Davidson
ALM: David Tamkin
Publicist: Brigitte Prochaska
Cast:
Joe Flanigan, Jason Momoa
SPFX Coord::
Wray Douglas
Casting: Corinne Clark, Jennifer Page
Extras: Sandra Couldwell
Sched: Feb 19/08 - Sep 23/08
2400 Boundary Rd.
Burnaby, BC
V5M 3Z3
TEL: 292-8500 FAX: 292-8550

Pegasus Productions V is the production company formed to shoot Atlantis, so is THAT whats coming? It would make total sense, and it would still confirm my intel. NO funding for more SGU, but perhaps funding for Atlantis? One can hope!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Its not that screwed up....the schedule says: Feb 19, 2011 to Oct 10, 2011!

And the production company Pegasus Productions V....in 2008, it consisted of the following:

http://www.vancouver.com/movies/hollywood_north/currently_filming/

STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5)
Pegasus Productions V Inc.
Exec. Prod: Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, John Smith
Prod: John Lenic
DOP: Michael Blundell, Jim Menard
PD: James Robbins
PM: John Lenic
PC: David Magee
LM: Lorne Davidson
ALM: David Tamkin
Publicist: Brigitte Prochaska
Cast:
Joe Flanigan, Jason Momoa
SPFX Coord::
Wray Douglas
Casting: Corinne Clark, Jennifer Page
Extras: Sandra Couldwell
Sched: Feb 19/08 - Sep 23/08
2400 Boundary Rd.
Burnaby, BC
V5M 3Z3
TEL: 292-8500 FAX: 292-8550

Pegasus Productions V is the production company formed to shoot Atlantis, so is THAT whats coming? It would make total sense, and it would still confirm my intel. NO funding for more SGU, but perhaps funding for Atlantis? One can hope!

It initially said 2008, and was changed a few hours after it was posted. I would LOVE if if it were the Atlantis movie, but I do think this particular listing is someone putting "Stargate" info into the list and using the old info from SGA. HOPEFULLY it will be anSGA Movie (and I will squee till the police are called), but I won't be too surprised if it is some other SG project and our hopes are being raised unnecessarily.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Just took a look at the list published today. Stargate Atlantis is no longer there.
There is, however, a listing for Stargate Universe Season 2, but the production dates are from March 10th to Nov 23rd 2010. So again a listing for a past season.

Who knows what the heck is going on.