Opinions----Good and Bad(Might Include Spoilers)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Actually there are two "e"s in Swede and Sweden mate. ;)

Touché. What I should have said is that there's not an "e" immediately following another "e" in either word.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I disagree that Breaking Bad glorifies drug dealers, it shows just the opposite, unless you consider being paranoid all the time, living in consent fear of arrest or being killed by competitors or from within. Plus the ever changing hoops you must jump through to spend a dime of the money you make, a glorification. If the show depicted the characters as living the high life of non-stop party's, carefree spending and all around good time, then I would agree.

If AMC does do a Sci-Fi show, I hope it's based on science and adventure not the new trend of emo soap-fi and what AMC did to TWD this season. :mad:

I agree - that show makes me glad I have a good job and no current health problems. I don't think it encourages anyone to set up a meth lab. :P

G

Graybrew1

FYI, this thread will make more sense once I can get my Original Post set back as the first post. Please no comments about how it does not right now. :rolleyes: I am aware of it.

G

Graybrew1

Hi All. I noticed a few threads drifting a certain way and decided to make a thread out of this concept. Basically this is a thread where you can list your most and least favorite shows and why. Everything is fair game here, within CCPG. I would like to keep this thread out of Flame Hell. Aside from that all is fine. Bash, Spoil, or Squee.:rolleyes:

Please remember these are all just opinions. Many will agree with you and many will disagree. Please be forewarned.... If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen. I have also taken some posts from some other threads that fit better into this thread.

Have fun all.:D

G

Graybrew1

Okay to post here while this gets fixed.

I will start.

My favorites shows are all over the place. I loved ER, Friends, Fraiser,Star Trek, Stargate, House and Bones. My least favorite shows are Jersey Shore, WifeSwap, The Osbournes, and Wipeout.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
There's plenty of fun sitcoms from the US. I like "According to Jim" for instance. And how about "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory"? "Friends" was great. Let's not forget "The Cosby Show". :D "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" was nice too.
according to jim sucks and i cant believe you watch it. 2.5 men is watchable but FAAAR from good big bang falls in the same category as they are made by the same people and FRIENDS? omg friends was ok in the first few seasons then it turned into girly soapy drama crap not comedy.
cosby and fresh prince? dude your tastes are horrible imo and clearly you dont get humor the way i think it should be presented.. shame.

S

Stonelesscutter

according to jim sucks and i cant believe you watch it. 2.5 men is watchable but FAAAR from good big bang falls in the same category as they are made by the same people and FRIENDS? omg friends was ok in the first few seasons then it turned into girly soapy drama crap not comedy.
cosby and fresh prince? dude your tastes are horrible imo and clearly you dont get humor the way i think it should be presented.. shame.

Liar!

OMNI

seriously check out some british tv it doesnt have to be sit coms it could be talk shows or whatever but the HUMOR is much wittier smart and FUNNIER then any american show has ever been.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
seriously check out some british tv it doesnt have to be sit coms it could be talk shows or whatever but the HUMOR is much wittier smart and FUNNIER then any american show has ever been.

There are some American exceptions. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was original and trendsetting in many ways. I've noticed a HUGE amount of British shows that have been influenced by it. And as for sitcoms I'd direct you to Malcolm in the Middle which was damn good. Not sure if you've seen it. You should. Some of the episodes are beyond funny.

OMNI

There are some American exceptions. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was original and trendsetting in many ways. I've noticed a HUGE amount of British shows that have been influenced by it. And as for sitcoms I'd direct you to Malcolm in the Middle which was damn good. Not sure if you've seen it. You should. Some of the episodes are beyond funny.
dude mentioning "buffy" as something good towards me is a BAD BAD idea as i hated everything buffy with a passion... and still do.

and of course malcolm was certainly enjoyable and funny so not all american comedy is bad just most of these "smash" hit shows mentioned here is just pure mainstrem crap imo that follows the exact same predictable formula IE NOT FUNNEE.

tho i do enjoy Family guy and south park immensly ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
dude mentioning "buffy" as something good towards me is a BAD BAD idea as i hated everything buffy with a passion... and still do.

and of course malcolm was certainly enjoyable and funny so not all american comedy is bad just most of these "smash" hit shows mentioned here is just pure mainstrem crap imo that follows the exact same predictable formula IE NOT FUNNEE.

tho i do enjoy Family guy and south park immensly ;)

Like it or not Buffy was an original show. Joss Whedon stood the horror genre on its head. :P

And Family Guy isn't that funny. American Dad is much funnier.

OMNI

Like it or not Buffy was an original show. Joss Whedon stood the horror genre on its head. :P

And Family Guy isn't that funny. American Dad is much funnier.
joss whedon = :puke:

and i see you are an AMdad rather then a famguy intresting personally i like both but as with everything very few episodes are REAL good.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
joss whedon = :puke:

and i see you are an AMdad rather then a famguy intresting personally i like both but as with everything very few episodes are REAL good.

Whedon can get lame at times. The last couple seasons of Buffy were pretty bad. He can go over the top. He did great with Firefly though.

I'm not a freak about American Dad. It's funny whereas Family Guy simply isn't. "Roger" makes some good cracks every now and then.

OMNI

Whedon can get lame at times. The last couple seasons of Buffy were pretty bad. He can go over the top. He did great with Firefly though.

I'm not a freak about American Dad. It's funny whereas Family Guy simply isn't. "Roger" makes some good cracks every now and then.
nope whedon is lame 100% of the time buffy sucked and firefly was more of the same kind of weird suckage not my cuppa.

and agreed on amdad and family guy. icant say im laughing hystericly more like chuckling while watching those however there are a few british things ive seen that has me laughing like a lunatic.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
nope whedon is lame 100% of the time buffy sucked and firefly was more of the same kind of weird suckage not my cuppa.

and agreed on amdad and family guy. icant say im laughing hystericly more like chuckling while watching those however there are a few british things ive seen that has me laughing like a lunatic.

Meh, your cynicism serves you well at times and fails you at others. :P

Blackadder is one Brit show that was hilarious. You had to have an understanding of history to get it though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I loved Firefly. :) I have done three rewatches of it. Yes, the entire series including the Serenity movie.

O

Odo

I loved Firefly. :) I have done three rewatches of it. Yes, the entire series including the Serenity movie.

I agree with you Mister Overmind. Firefly and Serenity were "t i t s" as we say down at the club (that's a good thing). Would be great if Whedon was able to do another movie at least. I won't hold my breath for another run of the series but a movie would be very cool if he could swing it.

G

Graybrew1

I liked Buffy alot. I did love Angle. I hate the ending of Angel however, everybody dies...how lame... OMNI might have gotten a kick of the doom and gloom ending perhaps? :P

OMNI

Meh, your cynicism serves you well at times and fails you at others. :P

Blackadder is one Brit show that was hilarious. You had to have an understanding of history to get it though.
one cannot allways share the oppinions of ones allies and as such we could agree to disagree :)

indeed itt is however i have only seen parts of it in my later years as when it was on tv here in swe i was far to young to grasp such humor.