Mallozzi's Mailbag & More II

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I cannot imagine losing my Dad without my Dog. When I was 14 I lost a brother and had a cat do the same for me.
Animals are what you make of them. I don't regret ever having owned a single one. They are known to extend the average life expectancy and increase the quality of life.

If you don't like them, then to each his own. The majority of humans do.

Don't get me wrong, I like pets - owning them is a different matter. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
appropriate substitute

Don't get me wrong, I like pets - owning them is a different matter. ;)

I love animals...had a cat and dog for years while growing up...but once I left for college I discovered something...my nose stopped running! :eek: turns out I am highly allergic to animal dander...thus no pets...except for hubby (he's cuddly, makes all my bad days better, and purrs from time to time! ;) ) and he knows what will happen if he dies first! :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I love animals...had a cat and dog for years while growing up...but once I left for college I discovered something...my nose stopped running! :eek: turns out I am highly allergic to animal dander...thus no pets...except for hubby (he's cuddly, makes all my bad days better, and purrs from time to time! ;) ) and he knows what will happen if he dies first! :P

Pet cemetery or taxidermist?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
mallozzi shows that he is an idiot yet again.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/september-30-2011-sg-1-memories

THE PEGASUS PROJECT (1003)A crossover fan favorite that I constantly get confused with Beachhead, another crossover fan favorite. THIS was the episode in which Mitchell threatens McKay with a lemon – an adlib on the day that seemed altogether weird in dailies but, ultimately, ended up making the final cut. McKay’s citrus allergy was apparently inspired by a staff writer in the show’s early days (before my time anyway) who would always make it a point to proclaim his unique hypersensitivity to anyone who would listen. Whenever they’d go out for lunch, said writer would be very careful to clear all menu items with the server. ”I’m very allergic to citrus,”he would inform them. ”A single drop and I could die!” It wasn’t until the end of the season that they discovered the rib sauce their afflicted co-worker had so enjoyed on his bi-weekly lunches at a local rotisserie joint was, in fact, mostly molasses and lemon juice. And Rodney McKay’s citrus allergy was born.It was also great to FINALLY get Daniel Jackson to Atlantis. In fact, following SGA’s fourth season, there had even been some talk of having Daniel join the Atlantis crew for its fifth season, an idea we unfortunately had to abandon for financial reasons.​
this time by showing he has no clue which episdoe is which and what it was about as im pretty sure all of us SG1 fans here know Beachhead was NOT a crossover..

this shit bugs the hell out of me.. how come someone involved with making these shows has no fricking clue what they are making or have made? embarassing... :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

SciphonicStranger

Can't let this one slide by...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...d-like-to-see-the-stargate-universe-movie-go/

shaneac1 writes: “if hypothetically speaking MGM and rob cooper came to you to write a script for a big summer blockbuster release of a stargate universe movie how would you write that story.”

Answer: This would be most unlikely since, in the event an SGU movie ever did get a green light, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper would be the ones to write it. If, hypothetically speaking, they wanted to hear my thoughts on where to go: Eli is able to reroute power from the shuttle to a pod and go into stasis, awakening one hundred years later. They find themselves in the clutches of an off-shoot of their descendants, a military civilization with designs on Destiny. Earth, meanwhile, has undergone major changes. Everyone they once knew has passed on but the standing world organization has been able to create a power source that, with the help of the Destiny, will create a stable, limited time wormhole to the ship. Some return, some remain, while some familiar faces (the A Team whose members allowed themselves to be placed in stasis should the opportunity to finally reach Destiny present itself) join the crew (I’m thinking maybe Daniel, McKay). The time in stasis has allowed Park to heal and she can see again while the crew’s interactions with their advanced descendants offer T.J. a cure for her condition. With the help of advanced Earth technology and know-how in addition to a few of the descendants themselves who turn against their own, Destiny is transformed into a lean, highly efficient powerhouse that kicks major ass and makes good its escape. That’s all I got.

Somehow I just can't see the motivation for Jackson and McKay to enter stasis so that they can *possibly* gate to Destiny years off into the future. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...d-like-to-see-the-stargate-universe-movie-go/

Somehow I just can't see the motivation for Jackson and McKay to enter stasis so that they can *possibly* gate to Destiny years off into the future. :P

LOL! A desperate grab back into the Stargate Fans bag for readership? Love the title of the blog thread:

[h=2]May 16, 2012: A Major Mailbag! Includes: The scoop on the Dark Matter trade paperback! T.V. thoughts! And where I would like to see the Stargate: Universe movie go![/h]
THE Stargate Universe movie? Excuse me while I laugh loudly.:rotflmao:

The only thing I liked about SGU was the ship itself. I liked the idea of a ship found adrift (sort of) in space, and then slowly being discovered and renovated by it's new crew. Interesting ideas he had about stasis and such, but the rest...just LOL!

SciphonicStranger

LOL! A desperate grab back into the Stargate Fans bag for readership? Love the title of the blog thread:

May 16, 2012: A Major Mailbag! Includes: The scoop on the Dark Matter trade paperback! T.V. thoughts! And where I would like to see the Stargate: Universe movie go!

THE Stargate Universe movie? Excuse me while I laugh loudly.:rotflmao:

The only thing I liked about SGU was the ship itself. I liked the idea of a ship found adrift (sort of) in space, and then slowly being discovered and renovated by it's new crew. Interesting ideas he had about stasis and such, but the rest...just LOL!

Coincidentally, the next day Gateworld posted an interview with Amanda Tapping and Martin Wood where they discussed this great movie script that Brad Wright has hidden in his basement. It would pull characters from all 3 shows - Wood compared it to Star Trek: Generations. :puke:

I suspect this means that RDA will be shot in the back by an extra and buried under a pile of rocks on P3X-999. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

Something tells me it's a good thing a movie like that was never made and that it's an ever better thing that Mallozzi wasn't involved in it.

Coincidentally, the next day Gateworld posted an interview with Amanda Tapping and Martin Wood where they discussed this great movie script that Brad Wright has hidden in his basement. It would pull characters from all 3 shows - Wood compared it to Star Trek: Generations. :puke:

I suspect this means that RDA will be shot in the back by an extra and buried under a pile of rocks on P3X-999. :P

Lol!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

One hundred years in the future? Jackson and McKay giving up everything in their lives to put themselves in stasis "should the opportunity to finally reach Destiny present itself"? Crack or meth??? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

SciphonicStranger

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

JM is going to do a "live" Q & A on his blog next week.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/july-27-2012-youre-all-awesome/

And, as a thank you, I’m thinking of doing something a little difference for an upcoming blog entry. I think I’d like to go interactive in the form of a (sort of) chat. I’m going to pick a date and time and have a little real-time Q&A session in the comments section. Post your questions and I’ll answer. Post any follow-up questions and I’ll answer those as well. To make things easier for our friends overseas, I’ll probably do this more than once. The session (s) will last for about an hour and, once completed, I’ll publish the whole as a dedicated blog entry.

Can someone with an account there please ask him about Distant Hope? :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why bother? He's just going to ignore the questions he's too cowardly to answer.

ego-stroke.png

SciphonicStranger

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That one was sorta uncalled for bro.

Some of us still like stargate dispite the cheese dude.
Just so you know, I'm talking the concept of it, not the shit that sometimes got shoveled in font of us, Mkay?