Mallozzi's Mailbag & More II

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
thank whatever you worship it will never EVER get made eh?

If that crap ever does get made that will be proof that there is no god.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The fact that SGU was made indicates there's no God already.

Reminds me of that Depeche Mode song Blasphemous Rumors:

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Wish netflix could get a hold of stargate or something. They'd hire top notch writers. Wouldn't mind if they just did a sci-fi show.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ast-concludes-stargate-extinction-and-beyond/

Anyone had a chance to read this? It's old but, what are your thoughts on it?

I think Stargate Extinction should have been called Stargate Excrement. The description Mallozzi gives is groan worthy and does nothing to raise his status as a writer. Seriously, the plot idea of having a doomsday countdown unless they get Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy is beyond stupid. The fact that grown men came up with this premise is cringe inducing.

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of SGA, but not this dreck. And that's just one comment on the dumb ass premise, I haven't even mentioned the shipping of Sheppard and Teyla that they had planned. :rolleyes:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I think Stargate Extinction should have been called Stargate Excrement. The description Mallozzi gives is groan worthy and does nothing to raise his status as a writer. Seriously, the plot idea of having a doomsday countdown unless they get Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy is beyond stupid. The fact that grown men came up with this premise is cringe inducing.

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of SGA, but not this dreck. And that's just one comment on the dumb ass premise, I haven't even mentioned the shipping of Sheppard and Teyla that they had planned. :rolleyes:

One thing I have noticed is that they can't seem to keep with one thing, like the dooms day count down plot basically just rolls into another plot (the mysterious aliens who use the power of star). Its like they can't actually have one decent idea so instead they just cram several poor or mediocre ones in together then say its 'complex'. I really hate doing this (actually I don't) but why must they constantly show the Ancients being a bunch of incompetent morons, it is a wonder how they developed space travel let alone got out of bed in the morning with these design decisions without strangling themselves on their own PJ's. There is pride, arrogance and then there is just plain stupidity.

So here comes the big question, why? Why have a self destruct which is activated when it exits systems/galaxies? Rather than say, when evil aliens board and are about to take control? Because you know that nearly happened? And guess what, they weren't going to steal Atlantis, just reverse engineer the hyperdrive technology (this latter part was in the event of the humans partially destroying Atlantis though I will admit). Also I guess they kind of forgot that Atlantis is well, AN INTERGALACTIC SPACE SHIP, it tends to fly between galaxies at some point during its existence.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
One thing I have noticed is that they can't seem to keep with one thing, like the dooms day count down plot basically just rolls into another plot (the mysterious aliens who use the power of star). Its like they can't actually have one decent idea so instead they just cram several poor or mediocre ones in together then say its 'complex'. I really hate doing this (actually I don't) but why must they constantly show the Ancients being a bunch of incompetent morons, it is a wonder how they developed space travel let alone got out of bed in the morning with these design decisions without strangling themselves on their own PJ's. There is pride, arrogance and then there is just plain stupidity.

:daniel_new_anime021::icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears::smiley-laughing021:

So here comes the big question, why? Why have a self destruct which is activated when it exits systems/galaxies? Rather than say, when evil aliens board and are about to take control? Because you know that nearly happened? And guess what, they weren't going to steal Atlantis, just reverse engineer the hyperdrive technology (this latter part was in the event of the humans partially destroying Atlantis though I will admit). Also I guess they kind of forgot that Atlantis is well, AN INTERGALACTIC SPACE SHIP, it tends to fly between galaxies at some point during its existence.

It's quite obvious that Mallozzi, et al, were out of ideas. What's sad is the fact that JoMo doesn't even realize how embarrassed he should be but rather, willingly gives details of the farce he had planned should season 6 get a green light. What an "intellectual doorknob" that man is. :rolleyes:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ast-concludes-stargate-extinction-and-beyond/

Anyone had a chance to read this? It's old but, what are your thoughts on it?

Sounds cheesy

I thought Pegasus was the next closest galaxy (hence the gate bridge) when did this other galaxy come in between?

Why would "advanced aliens" steal stuff from Atlantis if they are more advanced? Sounds like the "blue aliens" from SGU and their "fascination" with DESTINY when their ships and tech seemed to be so much better.

As to any new production chances through alternate methods-there is still that NETFLIX option that they hung out for the "revive SG" crowd (petition to required numbers and they will get an official consideration by NETFLIX-of course NFLIX would then have to buy the rights,etc).I "spoke" with "themaingatemaster" loon he may be, but he does seem to be at the helm of one of many of these save SG groups.he told me he is involved in a type of "save sg council" trying to get their act together,unify the different groups and meet NFLIX's demands

see if they can pull it off...

I say-keep Mallozi out of it if this is the best he can do

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Sounds cheesy

I thought Pegasus was the next closest galaxy (hence the gate bridge) when did this other galaxy come in between?

Why would "advanced aliens" steal stuff from Atlantis if they are more advanced? Sounds like the "blue aliens" from SGU and their "fascination" with DESTINY when their ships and tech seemed to be so much better.

As to any new production chances through alternate methods-there is still that NETFLIX option that they hung out for the "revive SG" crowd (petition to required numbers and they will get an official consideration by NETFLIX-of course NFLIX would then have to buy the rights,etc).I "spoke" with "themaingatemaster" loon he may be, but he does seem to be at the helm of one of many of these save SG groups.he told me he is involved in a type of "save sg council" trying to get their act together,unify the different groups and meet NFLIX's demands

see if they can pull it off...

I say-keep Mallozi out of it if this is the best he can do

Why bother trying to revive it? Everyone here and on the other site has moved on from Brad Wright's Stargate.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why bother trying to revive it? Everyone here and on the other site has moved on from Brad Wright's Stargate.

i am just passing along info-not for it or against it, though if it were to happen i would probably watch it

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I think it's good to stay apprised of anything that happens with Stargate, especially when there's always the chance that certain hacks could still have a hand in a resurrection of the premise. Granted, there's not much any of us can do about it should BW or Mallozzi are involved, but it would be nice to know that there's a turd in the pipeline headed our way. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sad. :moody:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Akemi (his girlfriend) is getting MUCH better at her cooking. Besides the super awesome stargate cookies in the top picture, these dishes look like they would be at home in any haute cuisine restaurant. Im not seeing cutesy smiley faces here.

Capture.PNG

She even has a YouTube channel:

:)

So, as Mallozzi continues to glide towards his sunset, Akemi is on the rise. Just thought I would share this in this thread. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She seems like a nice girl. Why she hooked up with a creep like JoMo is beyond me. But as they say, there's no accounting for taste.

At any rate, I wonder how things are going with that little comic book he was writing? -- Okay, that's a lie, I really don't give a shit what's happening with his stupid, derivative coloring book. But I guess it's better that he's distracted with those inane scribblings than messing up the Stargate brand anymore than it already has been by the likes of him.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She seems like a nice girl. Why she hooked up with a creep like JoMo is beyond me. But as they say, there's no accounting for taste.

At any rate, I wonder how things are going with that little comic book he was writing? -- Okay, that's a lie, I really don't give a shit what's happening with his stupid, derivative coloring book. But I guess it's better that he's distracted with those inane scribblings than messing up the Stargate brand anymore than it already has been by the likes of him.

She strikes me as sweet and devoted. I like her. I hope she gets a piece of the American pie. :)

He brought her here to the US from Japan, remember? But as far as I know, she is not married to him. If I were a betting man, I would say she will master what it takes to become successful in America, she will schmooze and make use of her creativity and become successful in her own right. She will make use of her connections she has gotten in the Industry, and Mallozzi will support her...then she will marry somebody else. :)