Mallozzi's Mailbag & More II

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
<------- collapses in shock :lol:
i NEVER liked the F quality shitty network tv show as much as i liked and still do the original Movie.

oh and you can still go FUK yerself ;)
--- merged: Mar 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM ---
i mean BW had the uber retarded idea to stick glowing ORANGE lights on the gate FFS and make ra's race headdrilling serpents.. i am stilll convinced to this day that he and no one lse brought in to take SG to SHITTY F network tv even saw the original Movie and if they did they probably only saw it once seeing how much of it they disregarded and fuk'd up...
--- merged: Mar 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM ---
face it people original stargate = GREAT concept, the ENTIRE BW run of SG = complete shite. (the CG wasnt bad for the most part tho which in retrospect is why i even watched)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:icon_rotflmao: I wonder who gets that reference here? :anim_59:

I suspect it might be an American thing. ;)
--- merged: Mar 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM ---
Just rewatched "Ark of Truth" last night and realized that Rob Cooper was (is) rather shitty as a writer. The whole movie was chock full of, well, just bloated garbage. I mean seriously, he brought back the freakin' Replicators...again. :facepalm::rolleye0014:

No wonder Mallozzi sucks more than a Kirby vacuum what with having RC as a boss. Christ, can you imagine sitting in on one of their brain storming sessions? It would be the intellectual equivalent of baboons masturbating. :stung:

OMNI

Just rewatched "Ark of Truth" last night and realized that Rob Cooper was (is) rather shitty as a writer. The whole movie was chock full of, well, just bloated garbage. I mean seriously, he brought back the freakin' Replicators...again. :facepalm::rolleye0014:

No wonder Mallozzi sucks more than a Kirby vacuum what with having RC as a boss. Christ, can you imagine sitting in on one of their brain storming sessions? It would be the intellectual equivalent of baboons masturbating. :stung:
too true.

what even more amazing is that they actually think they are talented....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

too true.

what even more amazing is that they actually think they are talented....

How strange! This is the same thing that happened to me with Atlantis. Somehow, when I watch it today I think it sucks ass. But when it was being aired, I loved it! I rewatched Ark of Truth last Monday on Netflix, and it just had no appeal like it did when I watched it when it first was released. And OMNI, you are right on point about their lack of talent. That is what happens when you close your creative group to a small club who agrees with each other on everything. No objectivity leads to mediocrity.
--- merged: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM ---
i NEVER liked the F quality shitty network tv show as much as i liked and still do the original Movie.

oh and you can still go FUK yerself ;)
--- merged: Mar 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM ---
i mean BW had the uber retarded idea to stick glowing ORANGE lights on the gate FFS and make ra's race headdrilling serpents.. i am stilll convinced to this day that he and no one lse brought in to take SG to SHITTY F network tv even saw the original Movie and if they did they probably only saw it once seeing how much of it they disregarded and fuk'd up...
--- merged: Mar 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM ---
face it people original stargate = GREAT concept, the ENTIRE BW run of SG = complete shite. (the CG wasnt bad for the most part tho which in retrospect is why i even watched)

Dude, I am 100% in agreement with that. The movie was a long ways different from the frosted turds that Brad Wright served up. For anyone to see that, all they have to do is watch the original Stargate movie without thoughts of the TV show. The premise in the movie was epic. It was connected and was done very well. Brad Wright actually jumped the shark with it from day one. But the first 5 seasons were still entertaining, if nothing like the movie. But after season 5, even that was starting to go away.

Bottom line is that despite it's long run and entertainment appeal, SG-1 was as much different from the Stargate movie as was Stargate Universe to the Stargate franchise.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
How strange! This is the same thing that happened to me with Atlantis. Somehow, when I watch it today I think it sucks ass. But when it was being aired, I loved it! I rewatched Ark of Truth last Monday on Netflix, and it just had no appeal like it did when I watched it when it first was released. And OMNI, you are right on point about their lack of talent. That is what happens when you close your creative group to a small club who agrees with each other on everything. No objectivity leads to mediocrity...

Unfortunately, the small club was more like a small cult with Brad Wright as the dickless cult leader and the other writer-producers were wine soaked, brie stuffed, mediocre hacks.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Unfortunately, the small club was more like a small cult with Brad Wright as the dickless cult leader and the other writer-producers were wine soaked, brie stuffed, mediocre hacks.

EXACTLY. :). Mallozzi proved this was the case with his constant picture taking (which annoyed the rest of the group). We saw too much of this.:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...t-misbegotten-akemis-cute-culinary-creations/

114.jpg

dscf1768.jpg

This sort of thing surrounding the core of your writing team is going to affect it in some way! :anim_59:

OMNI

How strange! This is the same thing that happened to me with Atlantis. Somehow, when I watch it today I think it sucks ass. But when it was being aired, I loved it! I rewatched Ark of Truth last Monday on Netflix, and it just had no appeal like it did when I watched it when it first was released. And OMNI, you are right on point about their lack of talent. That is what happens when you close your creative group to a small club who agrees with each other on everything. No objectivity leads to mediocrity.
--- merged: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM ---

Dude, I am 100% in agreement with that. The movie was a long ways different from the frosted turds that Brad Wright served up. For anyone to see that, all they have to do is watch the original Stargate movie without thoughts of the TV show. The premise in the movie was epic. It was connected and was done very well. Brad Wright actually jumped the shark with it from day one. But the first 5 seasons were still entertaining, if nothing like the movie. But after season 5, even that was starting to go away.

Bottom line is that despite it's long run and entertainment appeal, SG-1 was as much different from the Stargate movie as was Stargate Universe to the Stargate franchise.
agree 10000000000001%
--- merged: Mar 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM ---
agree.

OMNI

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ast-concludes-stargate-extinction-and-beyond/

Sadly, we never got the go-ahead and, although we did end up eventually writing the script for the Atlantis movie (Stargate: Extinction), in hindsight, that window of opportunity at the end of the show’s sixth season was our last, best shot at seeing it made. The bottom fell out of the dvd market, the script was shelved and, well, here we are today.
:eek: WTF??? is he serious?? OMFG he doesnt even know how many seasons they made FFS... at last Count atlantis only ran for 5 seasons??? right? :facepalm:
--- merged: Mar 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM ---
after Reading MORE on extinction i am sooooo pleased it will never EVER get made as its just... :facepalm: if you dont belive me just read the full blog post for yourselfs....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ast-concludes-stargate-extinction-and-beyond/

:eek: WTF??? is he serious?? OMFG he doesnt even know how many seasons they made FFS... at last Count atlantis only ran for 5 seasons??? right? :facepalm:

Brad forgot to send him the memo perhaps? Maybe he was too busy simmering his goat pancreas stew with turtle kidney to bother re-reading his post?

Just OMG...

snomanCapture.PNG

I wonder what happens when you stab the fork into these dishes? I would be sure that Akemi saw me stab my knife into the head first :P I wonder if you hear little squeak sounds when you try to eat these guys here...

omgCapture.PNG

Disgust-face.jpg

OMNI

dude read the full post.. pretty much gives you the full Movie in cliffnotes... and wow it would have been awful full of contrived shite..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Extinction is a proper name for anything under the aegis of BW/RC/JM.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Sorry after reading that blog post about the movie, I heard a scratching sound inside my head, twas my brain trying to escape.

Firstly a fail safe to keep Atlantis in Pegasus? So its A-OK if an enemy that happens to be in Pegasus manages to take hold of it, there is no fail safe for that. Sounds like the Ancients to me. So the fail safe is the destruction instead of say, shutting down and draining all power, or wiping the ancient memory data drive. Or to prevent Altantis over loading, why don't they just pull the plug, no power, no overload, until they can figure out a way to either disarm the fail safe or find an alternate power source to generate it? Again just saying.

Atlantis on the moon acting as Lunar Base, sounds alright if you don't realize that Atlantis needs ZPM's to keep it powered up, and currently they don't have the ability to replicate such technology. So it will be Lunar Base until the shield fails. Good plan there.

The plan using Wormhole drive to do a series of jumps, as apposed to the single jump they did in EATG. Or you know, the standard hyperdrive system, just saying. (Also the Ancients employed a fail safe which would destroy the craft in X amount of time, despite it not having the capability of getting back fast enough since the fail safe was obviously put in place before worm hole drive)

The drive burns out, and they get stranded in another galaxy, considering the vast distances between galaxies and the fact that Pegasus is actually closer to the Milkway. Falling short by going a head too far?

Blatantly ripping off action scenes from far better ones, sounds about right with this one. So it just happens the John enters into a room where not only is an Exo-suit there, but also weapons and all sorts that having their magazines close by, so however these bad guys are don't know the meaning of 'making safe'. Also the idea of the Asgard suits being 'one size fits all' which retard came up with that idea, "I know lets make a really awesome exosuit with shields and a vibrator, but also our enemies could use it against us, sounds cool right?" What the hell is wrong with you people?

Sorry my memory buffer is filled with so much stupid I can't process it all, have to wait a while for me to catch up.

OMNI

Sorry after reading that blog post about the movie, I heard a scratching sound inside my head, twas my brain trying to escape.

Firstly a fail safe to keep Atlantis in Pegasus? So its A-OK if an enemy that happens to be in Pegasus manages to take hold of it, there is no fail safe for that. Sounds like the Ancients to me. So the fail safe is the destruction instead of say, shutting down and draining all power, or wiping the ancient memory data drive. Or to prevent Altantis over loading, why don't they just pull the plug, no power, no overload, until they can figure out a way to either disarm the fail safe or find an alternate power source to generate it? Again just saying.

Atlantis on the moon acting as Lunar Base, sounds alright if you don't realize that Atlantis needs ZPM's to keep it powered up, and currently they don't have the ability to replicate such technology. So it will be Lunar Base until the shield fails. Good plan there.

The plan using Wormhole drive to do a series of jumps, as apposed to the single jump they did in EATG. Or you know, the standard hyperdrive system, just saying. (Also the Ancients employed a fail safe which would destroy the craft in X amount of time, despite it not having the capability of getting back fast enough since the fail safe was obviously put in place before worm hole drive)

The drive burns out, and they get stranded in another galaxy, considering the vast distances between galaxies and the fact that Pegasus is actually closer to the Milkway. Falling short by going a head too far?

Blatantly ripping off action scenes from far better ones, sounds about right with this one. So it just happens the John enters into a room where not only is an Exo-suit there, but also weapons and all sorts that having their magazines close by, so however these bad guys are don't know the meaning of 'making safe'. Also the idea of the Asgard suits being 'one size fits all' which retard came up with that idea, "I know lets make a really awesome exosuit with shields and a vibrator, but also our enemies could use it against us, sounds cool right?" What the hell is wrong with you people?

Sorry my memory buffer is filled with so much stupid I can't process it all, have to wait a while for me to catch up.
thank whatever you worship it will never EVER get made eh?