Joseph Mallozzi: Why wont you tell the fans that YOU DO NOT OWN STARGATE? Why hide the TRUTH?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If I had to choose between the rear end of that first BMW or the second one, I'd go with the first.
The second one looks rather immature.
Then again, if I had the choice I probably wouldn't get a BMW anyway.

"Even a used Mercedes comes with leather seats." Cordelia quote from "Angel"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats the thing...

If I had to choose between the rear end of that first BMW or the second one, I'd go with the first.
The second one looks rather immature.
Then again, if I had the choice I probably wouldn't get a BMW anyway.

BMW enthusiasts have been with the brand since the beginning, and BMWs have a distinct "personality" as do Porsches and Mercedes. Right now, Mercedes is going through an identity crisis, and they are looking WAAAAAY to Japanese. I am a Mercedes owner, but I relate to BMW enthusiasts because they think almost the same about their precious vehicles :). The design may be okay to you, but to a person who has owned several BMW automobiles it is an abomination. Older people who used to buy Cadillacs see the idea of a Cadillac truck the same way. Or a Porsche enthusiast's reaction to a Porsche SUV or a 4-door Porsche. Stargate Universe is as different from Stargate as a 4-door Porsche is to a real Porsche (911/Cayman/Boxter).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I love my Mercedes!

"Even a used Mercedes comes with leather seats." Cordelia quote from "Angel"

I would never drive another car. And I hate the newest ones...they look like Japanese cars now. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
BMW enthusiasts have been with the brand since the beginning, and BMWs have a distinct "personality" as do Porsches and Mercedes. Right now, Mercedes is going through an identity crisis, and they are looking WAAAAAY to Japanese. I am a Mercedes owner, but I relate to BMW enthusiasts because they think almost the same about their precious vehicles :). The design may be okay to you, but to a person who has owned several BMW automobiles it is an abomination. Older people who used to buy Cadillacs see the idea of a Cadillac truck the same way. Or a Porsche enthusiast's reaction to a Porsche SUV or a 4-door Porsche. Stargate Universe is as different from Stargate as a 4-door Porsche is to a real Porsche (911/Cayman/Boxter).

SGU = the Dodge "Neon" of sci-fi shows.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I would never drive another car. And I hate the newest ones...they look like Japanese cars now. :)

I like Japanese cars, but that's only for quality and afforability. If I could afford a Mercedes I'd get one, but an older one. I understand what you mean about the newer styling. Everything is getting so damn homogenous that you have to look for the manufacturer logo to know which company made it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have an older one...20 years!

I like Japanese cars, but that's only for quality and afforability. If I could afford a Mercedes I'd get one, but an older one. I understand what you mean about the newer styling. Everything is getting so damn homogenous that you have to look for the manufacturer logo to know which company made it.

I have a W124 (300e) which is this one (photos are not of my car):

images.jpgimag2es.jpg

Still looks and drives showroom new, inside and out. These cars were built to last!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Joe will have to pay the piper.

When his offices are vacated and the sets start being torn down, he will have to waffle.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Which one did YOU write?

fuck you guys, you write a TV show then you can talk.

We can talk now, and we are talking. So, which TV show did YOU write? Follow your own advice and STFU.

:sgufan:

Inara

GateFans Noob
I makes me wonder if Joe & Co threatened MGM with something like "If you fire me and Brad, we will take our Stargate fans with us", or "If you get somebody else to do Stargate, the fans will reject it". Just LOL! I hope they didnt try that one :)

BRAD WRIGHT: If you fire me and the rest of the Boyz, we will take our Stargate fans with us.

MGM EXECUTIVE: [peruses the ratings summary] Looks like you couldn't even take them to a show with "Stargate" in the title.

BRAD WRIGHT: If you get somebody else to do Stargate, the fans will reject it.

MGM EXECUTIVE: [glances at the ratings again, raises an eyebrow]

BRAD WRIGHT: But, but... I still want Stargate Universe!

MGM EXECUTIVE: You can want it, but we're not your personal bank for this show when it's bombed in the ratings.

BRAD WRIGHT: But the second half could pick up in the ratings! It will get better!

MGM EXECUTIVE: And we could come out of bankruptcy overnight, but that isn't happening either. Let's face it, Brad... we've decided to take the franchise in a new direction, and you're not a good navigator anymore.

S

Stonelesscutter

I guess there's no accounting for taste is there ;)
I wouldn't want a mercedes, I think they are often buttugly.
And coincidentally I happen to drive a japanese car. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

BRAD WRIGHT: If you fire me and the rest of the Boyz, we will take our Stargate fans with us.

MGM EXECUTIVE: [peruses the ratings summary] Looks like you couldn't even take them to a show with "Stargate" in the title.

Hehehehehheheheheheheheheeheheheheh

Inara

GateFans Noob
you must be still suffering from stargate atlantis cancellation syndrome. take your meds.

I hate to break it to you, but I stopped watching Atlantis about halfway through the series because I didn't like what TPTB were doing with the show, and I especially didn't like how they treated fans who didn't give them fawning praise. That attitude began before SG-1 canceled, but I stuck with it until the end out of sheer stubborness, but I refuse to put up with them again.

Even though I wasn't watching SGA at the end, I felt bad for those who were watching, and do for SGU fans as well. TPTB have done us all wrong, setting us all against each other with a pack of lies and mistruths, apparently thinking it was going to get SGU attention from new fans and not the pesky old ones who weren't in the correct demographic, resulting in ratings to give them more seasons. They failed.

They also forgot the rule that the person who throws shit has shit on their hand. Oh, and that fans have looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng memories and an enormous number of screencaps to prove who started the shit throwing.

ApophisRulez93

GateFans Noob
I hate to break it to you, but I stopped watching Atlantis about halfway through the series because I didn't like what TPTB were doing with the show, and I especially didn't like how they treated fans who didn't give them fawning praise. That attitude began before SG-1 canceled, but I stuck with it until the end out of sheer stubborness, but I refuse to put up with them again.

Even though I wasn't watching SGA at the end, I felt bad for those who were watching, and do for SGU fans as well. TPTB have done us all wrong, setting us all against each other with a pack of lies and mistruths, apparently thinking it was going to get SGU attention from new fans and not the pesky old ones who weren't in the correct demographic, resulting in ratings to give them more seasons. They failed.

They also forgot the rule that the person who throws shit has shit on their hand. Oh, and that fans have looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng memories and an enormous number of screencaps to prove who started the shit throwing.

so you think SGA sucked ass.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
A lot of stuff I turned a blind eye to for the first 4 seasons, but after the 5th started, I just couldn't take anymore of the writers mess.