Joseph Mallozzi: Why wont you tell the fans that YOU DO NOT OWN STARGATE? Why hide the TRUTH?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That's an interesting one. I suggest that Stargate Universse Productions Inc. 1 & 2 owned by the Gang of Five may list them as an asset. Or they are owned by someone else and leased by them. There's so many ways to screw around with businesses. I bet though right now Bridge is charging them storage since they must be tying up production space.

It only stands to reason that the production company that produces the show would be the ones who own the sets. I bet you're right that they would list them as an asset/expense in regards to their corporate financial records. Even if the show moved to a different network the sets would no doubt remain with the production company.

For those who wondered, I highly doubt SyFy has any say in what happens to the sets, I also suspect they don't really care either.

So, basically if Bridge Studios has need of the space where the SGU sets are sitting and they know the show is canceled I think they would give BW a time frame on cleaning out that crap. Only he knows the arrangement he has with wherever the sets are being stored. Maybe they're using less physical sets and more green screen and have a surplus of warehouse space these days? And maybe BW is sweet talking them with promises of renewal for SGU and shit like that? None of us knows, but we do know that each day that passes is another shovel full of dirt on the grave of SGU. It's only a matter of time before those sets are demolished and turned into compost. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sure mate, BUT was Syfy willing to bear some of the cost due to them wanting a SGA movie?

The cost would be wrapped up in whatever SyFy paid BW's production company to deliver a show, it wouldn't be separated out. So basically it would be on BW's end to figure out his expenses verses what he's getting paid to deliver the product.

One caveat though, I'm not an expert at television production contract law or anything, so there could be some odd, itemized payment thing like that in the deal, but it is unlikely. It just makes sense to have it all balled up into one budget amount.

And if SyFy did pay anything for those lousy sets they got ass raped by BW...again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dont know...

Sure mate, BUT was Syfy willing to bear some of the cost due to them wanting a SGA movie?

I really dont know, but in the end its basically MGM who controls the sets and their ultimate fate.

It only stands to reason that the production company that produces the show would be the ones who own the sets. I bet you're right that they would list them as an asset/expense in regards to their corporate financial records. Even if the show moved to a different network the sets would no doubt remain with the production company.

For those who wondered, I highly doubt SyFy has any say in what happens to the sets, I also suspect they don't really care either.

So, basically if Bridge Studios has need of the space where the SGU sets are sitting and they know the show is canceled I think they would give BW a time frame on cleaning out that crap. Only he knows the arrangement he has with wherever the sets are being stored. Maybe they're using less physical sets and more green screen and have a surplus of warehouse space these days? And maybe BW is sweet talking them with promises of renewal for SGU and shit like that? None of us knows, but we do know that each day that passes is another shovel full of dirt on the grave of SGU. It's only a matter of time before those sets are demolished and turned into compost. :D

Im not sure how they have set it up, but Im sure that MGM has control at the root.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I really dont know, but in the end its basically MGM who controls the sets and their ultimate fate.

Im not sure how they have set it up, but Im sure that MGM has control at the root.

Much the same as a doctor having control of pulling the plug on a terminal patient, yes. MGM won't be warehousing any sets though, nor will they get custody of them in a divorce...probably.

S

Stonelesscutter

Happy fucking new year to all y'alll here!!!!
I know i'm probably late but I just got home from the cafe and it's 8:15 in the morning here.
Party party party party party party party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you all. ;)

THX1138

GateFans Member
Someone asked a direct question of Joseph Mallozzi on his blog today -

TH on December 31, 2010 at 6:23 pm Joe could you clarify something you posted the other day, please? When you said that the SGA movie was shelved indefinitely, who shelved it?

I wonder if Loretta will deign to answer it, with a straight answer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Its starting.

Someone asked a direct question of Joseph Mallozzi on his blog today -

TH on December 31, 2010 at 6:23 pm Joe could you clarify something you posted the other day, please? When you said that the SGA movie was shelved indefinitely, who shelved it?

I wonder if Loretta will deign to answer it, with a straight answer.

There are at least 5 threads here which bring that point home: Joseph Mallozzi has no power over Stargate.

Its the TRUTH, and I dont see many ways to avoid the answer...not even Mallozzi can dance that well. He could avoid it or come back with "none of your business", but if he says anything which implies he has a measure of control over the situation, its a LIE. Joseph Mallozzi has no power to shelve anything at all. I keep saying it loudly because its the TRUTH. Other lurkers can read them and our responses and ask him directly. He will have to answer them eventually. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
There are at least 5 threads here which bring that point home: Joseph Mallozzi has no power over Stargate.

Its the TRUTH, and I dont see many ways to avoid the answer...not even Mallozzi can dance that well. He could avoid it or come back with "none of your business", but if he says anything which implies he has a measure of control over the situation, its a LIE. Joseph Mallozzi has no power to shelve anything at all. I keep saying it loudly because its the TRUTH. Other lurkers can read them and our responses and ask him directly. He will have to answer them eventually. :)
If more people asked that question then the truth will come out. However since this is the first time someone actually asked him, I sense Loretta (Joseph Mallozzi) will state this instead, "It was a joint decision between the MGM and ourselves". When it's actually just MGM that we know.

Question your leader people.

julie1927

GateFans Noob
Joe Mallozzi

Mr. Mallozzi you do not own the STargate Franchise or make the decisions. Nor does Brad Wright.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It makes you wonder....

If more people asked that question then the truth will come out. However since this is the first time someone actually asked him, I sense Loretta (Joseph Mallozzi) will state this instead, "It was a joint decision between the MGM and ourselves". When it's actually just MGM that we know.

Question your leader people.

I makes me wonder if Joe & Co threatened MGM with something like "If you fire me and Brad, we will take our Stargate fans with us", or "If you get somebody else to do Stargate, the fans will reject it". Just LOL! I hope they didnt try that one :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Stargate Universe Productions does not own Stargate.

The entity known as:

Stargate Universe Productions I, Inc.

2400 Boundary Rd Suite 910
Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3, Canada
Phone: (604) 292-8500

DOES NOT OWN STARGATE.

MGM has owned it from the beginning and they still own it. The other production entities which were formed for SG-1 and Atlantis are no longer. MGM contracted the production companies to produce Stargate (each show had a separate production company formed with Brad Wright & Co) to produce Stargate shows. Now that Stargate Universe has been canceled, the production company contracted to produce it is pretty much dead. But Stargate does not belong to that production company, it belongs to MGM...so a completely different production company can be hired by MGM to produce more Stargate, and they do not need to contact Brad, Joe or anyone from the dead production company for any reason whatsoever. They do not need any "permission", and they do not need to consult with Brad, Joe or anyone connected with Stargate Universe Productions I, Inc to do more Stargate.

That is the TRUTH.

So, Joe claiming that scripts or movies have been "shelved indefinitely" is only a half truth. The "indefinitely" part means that he DOES NOT KNOW what will happen next. He is leaving out the part about him HAVING NO POWER to make decisions about it anymore. So, that will be coming out in the months to come.

What is the relationship between Stargate Productions I, Inc, and MGM? Its one of employer/employee...contractor/contractee. Ownership of Stargate is NOT shared. It belongs ONLY to MGM. Joe, tell em....

Tropicana

Council Member
I makes me wonder if Joe & Co threatened MGM with something like "If you fire me and Brad, we will take our Stargate fans with us", or "If you get somebody else to do Stargate, the fans will reject it". Just LOL! I hope they didnt try that one :)
If MGM had some guts, they would dismiss that as an atttempt to clinge onto power. Many companies have heard it all before and in some cases it's been signed as a contractual deal, that should the subordinate be released from contractual duty, they cannot take any clients/customers with them.

If MGM has such an agreement signed and Mallozzi attempts that line, MGM will laugh them out of the office. Of course, it depends on the contract.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, since they do not own the fans, that is pretty much moot!

If MGM had some guts, they would dismiss that as an atttempt to clinge onto power. Many companies have heard it all before and in some cases it's been signed as a contractual deal, that should the subordinate be released from contractual duty, they cannot take any clients/customers with them.

If MGM has such an agreement signed and Mallozzi attempts that line, MGM will laugh them out of the office. Of course, it depends on the contract.

I think they have already been laughed out of the office, and since they do not own any fans (except the SGU squeedrones :)), they have no leverage. The fans are loyal to Stargate, not its writers or producers. I wonder when Mallozzi and Brad will be asked to pack their stuff and take a hike?

Tropicana

Council Member
I think they have already been laughed out of the office, and since they do not own any fans (except the SGU squeedrones :)), they have no leverage. The fans are loyal to Stargate, not its writers or producers. I wonder when Mallozzi and Brad will be asked to pack their stuff and take a hike?
It would be nice before SGU S2.5 airs, get them to clear out completely, what isn't taken is dumped into a big rubbish skip (dumpster). :ori:

Gloria Gaynor couldn't have sung it any better with the following sentiment.

I just walked in to find you here
With that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
You'd be back to bother me

I know my humour is weird. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will survive! LOL

It would be nice before SGU S2.5 airs, get them to clear out completely, what isn't taken is dumped into a big rubbish skip (dumpster). :ori:

Gloria Gaynor couldn't have sung it any better with the following sentiment.

I just walked in to find you here
With that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
You'd be back to bother me

I know my humour is weird. :P

LMAO! I used to dance my ass off to that song during the disco era. :) This whole things reminds me of Chris Bangle and BMW. He almost sunk BMW with his "Bangle butt" 7-series abomination, and his redesign of the BMW 3 series. Here is the infamous "Bangle butt" 7 series:

bmw_7series_banglebutt.jpg

BMW enthusiasts barraged BMW with demands that Bangle be fired and replaced with designers who wanted to "design BMWs". Its almost the same thing as was done with SGU, with Mallozzi and Wright being Bangle. Bangle WAS fired (or left with strong suggestions to do so), and now the 7 series looks like this:

2010-bmw-7-series-m-sport-rear-view.jpg

BMW sales have recovered from the sales slump caused by Bangle and his "new direction". Its almost the same. Link for reference: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/02/chris-bangle-le/

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
LOL most of the part of SG fans have already left them so no chance for such blackmail.They have already lost them.
I thought according to JM we'd know the news of sgu survival at the end of this week so now what?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The only real news was already given on December 16th.

LOL most of the part of SG fans have already left them so no chance for such blackmail.They have already lost them.
I thought according to JM we'd know the news of sgu survival at the end of this week so now what?

The show has been canceled already. THAT is the news. :) Joe is only referring to the post-cancellation begging from Brad Wright and his "alternate plan". The cancellation bear has already chewed up Stargate Universe and swallowed it. Brad is doing essentially the same thing as asking the Cancellation Bear to regurgitate SGU. Its not the same as it was when it went down, you know! :icon_e_biggrin:

S

Stonelesscutter

If I had to choose between the rear end of that first BMW or the second one, I'd go with the first.
The second one looks rather immature.
Then again, if I had the choice I probably wouldn't get a BMW anyway.