"Good Doggy, Good Doggy!" The Dog Lovers thread

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
image.jpeg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I love dogs but hate cleaning up after them! I was raised with pets and I admit as an adult I "use" my allergies (yes theya re very real) to not have one. When snookie was little she wanted a kitty or puppy and I KNEW i'd be the one to clean up after it- so I said my allergies (which with cats is very real :( ) didn't allow pets of any kind. :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I love dogs but hate cleaning up after them! I was raised with pets and I admit as an adult I "use" my allergies (yes theya re very real) to not have one. When snookie was little she wanted a kitty or puppy and I KNEW i'd be the one to clean up after it- so I said my allergies (which with cats is very real :( ) didn't allow pets of any kind. :D

RAC! you meanie! :icon_e_surprised:

200.gif

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Yesterday evening (01/02/2016), the Science Channel played an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to herd cats. They even tried to herd them with a sheep dog. All attempts failed. The handler of the sheep dog even had to comfort the sheep dog when his attempts were unsuccessful.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yesterday evening (01/02/2016), the Science Channel played an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to herd cats. They even tried to herd them with a sheep dog. All attempts failed. The handler of the sheep dog even had to comfort the sheep dog when his attempts were unsuccessful.

This one?...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My puppy recently celebrated her thirteenth birthday. And I got a nice surprise as part of it. An ultrasound performed to check her liver (which had suffered damage when she was young) showed the liver has (contrary to vet expectations) not only not degenerated but actually cleared up a bit. She of course was using the ultrasound as an opportunity to get more attention.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
My puppy recently celebrated her thirteenth birthday. And I got a nice surprise as part of it. An ultrasound performed to check her liver (which had suffered damage when she was young) showed the liver has (contrary to vet expectations) not only not degenerated but actually cleared up a bit. She of course was using the ultrasound as an opportunity to get more attention.

I'm curious to know how a puppy could develop a drinking problem, especially since canines don't have opposable thumbs which makes getting the cap off of a vodka bottle problematic. :daniel_new004:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, she is a Border Collie and they are VERY smart....

Actually, she was a rescue as a little puppy from an abuse situation and the thinking is the damage happened then.