General Con News Thread

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:laughing:I got it a woman needs to wear a SGU sucks shirt and bra then if they want her to cover it up or take it off she can take the shirt off then still has the bra that says SGU sucks then unless they want her topless they will have tl let her wear the SGU sucks stuff.(at least that is what I would do :P)

I think I'm in luurvvee. Add the stockings and suspenders and I'll change my name to "Fury's Biatch".
:D :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It LIVES!

You should unbutton your jacket as you stand next to him, pull it apart so he can't see it & then get him to do double thumbs up whilst you do it aswell.

"Ah thumbs up frieeeeends!"

View attachment 914

Just like in the Inbetweeners. :D

Hahaha. It can happen now, since I am now the proud owner of my first SGU°S t-shirt! I wanted to see how the transfers would come out so I made a shirt tonight. Came out good! But I know how these work, and by the 10th washing, you wont be able to tell it was ever there. But when you first make them like this, they POP. I want to try the dark fabric transfers on a black shirt as well.

From Camera 013.jpg

EDIT: Here is me wearing the shirt (its a long sleeve white t-shirt)

From Camera 017.jpg

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Hahaha. It can happen now, since I am now the proud owner of my first SGU°S t-shirt! I wanted to see how the transfers would come out so I made a shirt tonight. Came out good! But I know how these work, and by the 10th washing, you wont be able to tell it was ever there. But when you first make them like this, they POP. I want to try the dark fabric transfers on a black shirt as well.

View attachment 935

EDIT: Here is me wearing the shirt (its a long sleeve white t-shirt)

View attachment 936

Wow that came out well. Its not to in your face but fellow fans of this site including the lurkers will know what it is. did you put anything on the back?

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Very Professional!

I agree, it looks great, Overmind! Very slick and professional looking :jackanime14:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, nothing on the back...yet

Wow that came out well. Its not to in your face but fellow fans of this site including the lurkers will know what it is. did you put anything on the back?

That one was more of a test. These shirts dont last looking like that, especially if you use photos in the graphics. The little dots that make up the photos come off when you wash/dry the shirts so they look noticeably faded after just ONE wash. Letters last longer. Any suggestions? :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thank you!

I agree, it looks great, Overmind! Very slick and professional looking :jackanime14:

Thanks! I want to buy a real one when the Webmaster opens the store. Like perhaps an embroidered one. Even after SGU is gone, it will still look good! The Avery ones like I used look great until you wash them, and then they start to fade due to micro chipping away of the iron on. But OCGatergal's shirt held up to more than a few washes from what she says. I will test it out on that shirt. Any suggestions on things to add to the design or perhaps the back?

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I do the usual, wash inside out and hang dry. Overmind are you getting the preferred weekend package?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YES, thats the one!

I do the usual, wash inside out and hang dry. Overmind are you getting the preferred weekend package?

Yep, Im getting the Preferred Package because I can use my wristband to get in and out which means I can go home for dinner each night. I live less than 30 minutes away from the Marriot.

SG10_LA2010.jpg

Click the banner to be taken to the Convention website.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Any suggestions on things to add to the design or perhaps the back?

I think that design with the three gates you made would look nice on the back. It is also clean and simple so it would match the front stylistically. I think just the visual of the SG-1 gate, the SGA gate, and then the SGU gate with a big red X or strike-through would get the point across quite nicely. I don't think you even need words under the gates on the back.

Or...you could always just put my siggy on the back to confuzzle their little brains :icon_twisted: hehe...but being serious I do think the gates would be good :) Or you could do some something along the lines of the sentence ideas I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
OM1

We have lots of wonderful ideas... but they'd all get you kicked out the first emergency exit they find! :rotflmao:

Seriously, I like Dexy's suggestion as well. :beckettu:

And about the age thing - there could be a difference from one continent to another, but in Europe I feel just right at ST & SG conventions (I'm in my 40s). Kids usually can't afford the tickets... ;)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Neat! :beckettu: That package comes with autographs from Shanks and Flanigan along with BJS and Eleyse!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At ST conventions I am always comfortable.

We have lots of wonderful ideas... but they'd all get you kicked out the first emergency exit they find! :rotflmao:

Seriously, I like Dexy's suggestion as well. :beckettu:

And about the age thing - there could be a difference from one continent to another, but in Europe I feel just right at ST & SG conventions (I'm in my 40s). Kids usually can't afford the tickets... ;)

ST conventions have lots of people my age, since most of the actors and fans from TOS are older than I am! I have been to 4 of them so far. But there are not only 50 year olds, but even 60 year olds. I look like Im in my 30s, so it doesnt bother me anyway, but I have never been to a Stargate Con. Do you think it will be mostly younger folks and I will be out of place? I want to go mainly to get an idea of what they are like...AND to flaunt my t-shirt and tell people about the site when they ask about the shirt! If I am approached by Con officials, I will simply say that somebody gave me the shirt and play dumb. :mrgreen:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Precisely....

Neat! :beckettu: That package comes with autographs from Shanks and Flanigan along with BJS and Eleyse!

Precisely. And I want to wear my t-shirt while taking my photo with Joe AND with BJS. Joe will laugh, Brian will frown. Can they deny my photo op if Im wearing that shirt? :confused:

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Kids usually can't afford the tickets... ;)
Hey! :icon_mad:. lol. It's okay, it's true, I myself bought a cheap ticket.

SG convention 70% middle age women? Last time there were only like 3 18 and under people.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So you have been to other SG conventions?

Hey! :icon_mad:. lol. It's okay, it's true, I myself bought a cheap ticket.

SG convention 70% middle age women? Last time there were only like 3 18 and under people.

So, you have been to a few? How about age spread? If you could roughly describe the ages of the attendees, the numbers of people, etc. Thanks!