General Con News Thread

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

THAT is what Im worried about. The LA Con is very expensive compared to the others. I think that our logo is more known by the fandom than by organizers or authorities who are running the event. Thats why I was thinking about using a more understated design. Do you think that wearing an SGU°S t-shirt would be enough to get somebody thrown out? I dont think so somehow. I am 80/20 in favor of attending the Con in November. :) If I do, I will definitely be wearing my t-shirt!

Dude, I am going to be there & there is nothing that is going to stop me from wearing mine! It's all about moral courage & the integrity to do what you believe is right.................. I know the USMC/Army have their own core values but I'm sure they stand true aswell. Anyway, if we are asked to cover up/remove our shirts, I am thinking I may just get the SGUsucks logo tattooed across my chest, I already have plenty of tattooage on my arms so why not. :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

To be safe, you could have a T-shirt that has only the SGU°S logo on it, but not the url. Maybe the buttons could only have SGU°S and no url. That way, when challenged you could tell people it stands for SGU superfan ;) But everyone else would know what it really means!

Ah but not everybody WOULD know what our logo means, it is too subtle & not direct enough in it's meaning.

Regarding being questioned by ANYBODY & saying it means "superfan", it kind of defeats the object of having it (to declare SGU sucks to the masses, uninformedor otherwise).

Maybe on the back of the T-shirt you could have "ironic" statements like:

Destiny...
Clearly ancient...
More drama than ever before...
Visiting bars on Earth!
Cool music montages.
Shaky cam.
CGI aliens that could beat up a rubber-faced wraith any day!
Totally kicking SGA and SG-1's butt in the ratings!
Yeah, we're in for the looooooong haul, baby!
SGU°S

Not sure my use of the word "ironic" is correct, but you know what I mean. Statements that you could say mean the show is good, but really they are not. Like those "white lies" from twitter. Basically, sarcastic comments that can't be proven to be insults to the show.

These slogans are awesome ideas, me likey, me likey alot!

It would be a delicate balance, since you wouldn't want anyone like our dear SGA/SG-1 actors to think you really liked SGU, but you'd want to be allowed to keep wearing the shirt.

Once again another cop-out I'm affraid, our dear SG-1/SGA actor undoubtedly hate the show as much as we do (most notably much of the SGA cast due to their cancellation) & I actually want to see the likes of Michael Shanks & Joe Flanigan grin when I walk up to the table for an autograph or during question time.

As for wanting to be allowed to keep wearing the t-shirt, even if it says SGU sucks or SGU°S, I want to make the full statement that SGU sucks ass & stay at the convention but if the ultimatum is remove the shirt or leave................... who the fuck am I kidding, I'll remove the shirt but I'm still going to talk to people, they can't stop me doing that! :D

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
How about temporary tattoos?

Anyway, if we are asked to cover up/remove our shirts, I am thinking I may just get the SGUsucks logo tattooed across my chest, I already have plenty of tattooage on my arms so why not. :D

No need for a real tattoo, although that would be cool :) Custom tattoos are pretty cheap to get made, apparently (based on a quick google search I just did). There are price quotes like 1000 temporary tattoos for eighty-nine bucks. Not bad. That's another idea in addition to buttons - of course I think the buttons would be more visible, but temporary tattoos could be handed out as well - especially if they ban the shirts or buttons.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Regarding being questioned by ANYBODY & saying it means "superfan", it kind of defeats the object of having it (to declare SGU sucks to the masses, uninformedor otherwise).

No, no, I didn't mean by ANYBODY - just when the "enforcers" come over to try and tell you not to wear the shirt anymore :icon_lol: You would tell everyone else what it really means, of course :)

But, yeah, I definitely think having the full statement that SGU sucks on there is the best option. But as a fallback option, then the more subtle approaches could be considered.

Night Fury

GateFans Noob
Dude, I am going to be there & there is nothing that is going to stop me from wearing mine! It's all about moral courage & the integrity to do what you believe is right.................. I know the USMC/Army have their own core values but I'm sure they stand true aswell. Anyway, if we are asked to cover up/remove our shirts, I am thinking I may just get the SGUsucks logo tattooed across my chest, I already have plenty of tattooage on my arms so why not. :D

You could point out that you paid for the tickets to come and freedom of speech allows you to wear what the SGU sucks stuff course if they persist that is when you call news media and tell them that the Con is singling out people due to shirts. If they want to force people to cover up the shirts tell them to buy you a shirt because you have no intention of leaving just to put on a new shirt and since they are the ones that are bothered.....

:laughing:I got it a woman needs to wear a SGU sucks shirt and bra then if they want her to cover it up or take it off she can take the shirt off then still has the bra that sas SGU sucks then unless they want her topless they will have tl let her wear the SGU sucks stuff. (at least that is what I would do :P)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

No need for a real tattoo, although that would be cool :) Custom tattoos are pretty cheap to get made, apparently (based on a quick google search I just did). There are price quotes like 1000 temporary tattoos for eighty-nine bucks. Not bad. That's another idea in addition to buttons - of course I think the buttons would be more visible, but temporary tattoos could be handed out as well - especially if they ban the shirts or buttons.

Yeah a henna tattoo would be cool. I could go with that.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

No, no, I didn't mean by ANYBODY - just when the "enforcers" come over to try and tell you not to wear the shirt anymore :icon_lol: You would tell everyone else what it really means, of course :)

But, yeah, I definitely think having the full statement that SGU sucks on there is the best option. But as a fallback option, then the more subtle approaches could be considered.

Hey sorry dude, I didn't quite get want you meant but acknowledged, out.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You could point out that you paid for the tickets to come and freedom of speech allows you to wear what the SGU sucks stuff course if they persist that is when you call news media and tell them that the Con is singling out people due to shirts. If they want to force people to cover up the shirts tell them to buy you a shirt because you have no intention of leaving just to put on a new shirt and since they are the ones that are bothered.....

You have a good point, that would make the con & TPTB look very bad.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Here's a thought....

Print Uxmal's huge post of sgu suckage on a shirt. People always seem to want to read T-shirts. You even consider it a public service anouncement. :D

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Hey sorry dude, I didn't quite get want you meant but acknowledged, out.

No worries, I didn't write it very clearly. I also didn't mean I wanted to hide the meaning of the shirts from the SG-1/SGA actors - I do want them to know what the shirts mean ;) We are on the same page with that :)

Speaking of which, there is third option, which wouldn't get anyone in trouble, and might be less awkward for the actors. Although, it wouldn't be as "direct" - so I still very much approve of the full-on, no punches pulled, SGU SUCKS shirts for the brave souls :beckettu: Anyways, the third option would be: slightly more "polite" pro-SGA/SG-1 shirts. For example, shirts that said stuff like - "SGA and SG-1 are the best!" or "For me there are just two Stargate shows." or just "Give me back my rubber-faced aliens!" or "Give me back my square-jawed heros!" or other things along those lines.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

No worries, I didn't write it very clearly. I also didn't mean I wanted to hide the meaning of the shirts from the SG-1/SGA actors - I do want them to know what the shirts mean ;) We are on the same page with that :)

It's cool, I understandski.

Speaking of which, there is third option, which wouldn't get anyone in trouble, and might be less awkward for the actors. Although, it wouldn't be as "direct" - so I still very much approve of the full-on, no punches pulled, SGU SUCKS shirts for the brave souls :beckettu: Anyways, the third option would be: slightly more "polite" pro-SGA/SG-1 shirts. For example, shirts that said stuff like - "SGA and SG-1 are the best!" or "For me there are just two Stargate shows." or just "Give me back my rubber-faced aliens!" or "Give me back my square-jawed heros!" or other things along those lines.

I like the second 2 as they are both ironic yet VERY suggestive as they go counter to claims by TPTB & SGU fanboys which are well known within the fanbase due to them not being able to keep their mouths shut at such places like GW & JM's blog.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

I wouldn't be surprised if the cons try to ban the shirts too, as well as preventing anti-SGU questions :mad:

:rotflmao:
On a more serious note the organisers do state that they reserve the right to throw anybody out for any reason that takes their fancy. Is this con being run by gayteworld? Chances are they might ask us to cover up the shirts or leave the con.

Just make sure you cover the shirt when registering or entering, so you don't get stopped at the entrance where it's easy to refuse access to the conference...

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I'm not sure which company was the iron on. But if it helps I bought it from Michaels. As for getting kicked out, I hope they have the guts to kick out a kid! I wore a shirt that said "Syfy, we had just given up" on it last year and no one seemed to say anything. Overmind are you planning on buying the Gold ticket? Because getting kicked out after buying a 380 dollar ticket is not good. I'm going on saturday only.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No gold ticket!

I'm not sure which company was the iron on. But if it helps I bought it from Michaels. As for getting kicked out, I hope they have the guts to kick out a kid! I wore a shirt that said "Syfy, we had just given up" on it last year and no one seemed to say anything. Overmind are you planning on buying the Gold ticket? Because getting kicked out after buying a 380 dollar ticket is not good. I'm going on saturday only.

I dont want to buy a gold ticket, and I was planning on going Saturday AND Sunday, if only to wear the shirt while in a photo op with BJS! I really want to know if that would be allowed...can you imagine? BJS, standing there next to me while Im wearing my SGU°S t-shirt? It would be priceless. :icon_lol:

I have never been to a Stargate Con, but I have been to about 5 Trek Cons. What is the age spead at the SG Cons? Will I be an old man out of place?

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I have never been to a Stargate Con, but I have been to about 5 Trek Cons. What is the age spead at the SG Cons? Will I be an old man out of place?

The Ark of Truth DVD has a feature from the 2007 Comic Con. You can have a look at the audience there. I think there's a pretty big spread in the demographic.

What you will find however is that the SGU fanbase won't be allowed into the bar. :P

Wearing the shirt inside out will get you past the door.

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
From Joe Malozzi's blog

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...super-secret-vids-from-that-super-secret-set/

Spoke to Martin Gero today and thanked him for being a gentlemen and coming to the defense of a cast member at the last Dragon Con. Apparently, during a panel, several doofus Atlantis fans chose to target her with their petty misplaced anger. Marty G., bless his chivalrous soul, was having none of it. For her part, the actress shrugged it off as just another part of life in scifi. Many of the SGU actors are new to all this and can be excused for wanting to give a certain section of fandom the benefit of the doubt. But recent infantile fan behavior, while disappointing to some, confirms what I’ve been saying all along. Thanks for proving me right, guys! You’re as predictable as a bunch of six years olds.

I would have paid good money to see that. :D

As for Malozzi's six year olds comment, it takes one to know one I reckon.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
They still don't get it?

From Joe Malozzi's blog

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...super-secret-vids-from-that-super-secret-set/

I would have paid good money to see that. :D

As for Malozzi's six year olds comment, it takes one to know one I reckon.

These clowns fucked everyone over big time and they still don''t get it?

And rolling out these SGU actors already at conventions like they're notable? This ain't Star Trek. Nobody would miss them when the series tanks. I bet there's a whole lot of things that don't get reported, especially with fanbots like Gayteworld churning out polished studio propaganda.

I think Malozzi and TPTB are going to reap a year of shit starting in a few weeks. They've destroyed the franchise and the drugs (ie production money) will start to wear off. Coop's already gone running.

Look at reality — the big news is Picardo is filming EP15? I thought this thing was going to get a big sack of Emmy's. When all they have this year is promoting several minutes of SGA guest appearances I guess the writing is on the wall.

These guys are like politicians — it never enters their mind half the people didn't vote for them. They just surround themselves with people that tell them they're wonderful each day. Fortunately the polls (or ratings in this case) are the only way to reach these clowns.

I feel a rant coming on so I'll move this over to the Mozz Pit. :tealc_newanime002:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I dont want to buy a gold ticket, and I was planning on going Saturday AND Sunday, if only to wear the shirt while in a photo op with BJS! I really want to know if that would be allowed...can you imagine? BJS, standing there next to me while Im wearing my SGU°S t-shirt? It would be priceless. :icon_lol:

You should unbutton your jacket as you stand next to him, pull it apart so he can't see it & then get him to do double thumbs up whilst you do it aswell.

"Ah thumbs up frieeeeends!"

2h32zwi.jpg

Just like in the Inbetweeners. :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Although to be fair, my intention when I go to Chevron 7.5 in November is to have fun, experience my first sci-fi convention, meet other "true" Stargate fans & "true" Stargate actors. Of course I want to publicise the suckiness of SGU & the awesomeness of SGUS by wearing the t-shirt & I want to see how many of the people there really dislike SGU.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Did anyone here even go to Dragon con? I haven't heard of anyone on here saying so. It's not just us 100 people that don't like SGUsucks, it's a helluva lot of people! And he just insulted convention goers.
BTW Overmind, SG cons are usually filled with middle age women squeeing over Joe Flanigan.:D