General Con News Thread

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Just wanted a place to post any news/tweets/info from conventions and appearances.
Starting off with a (joking) comment made by actor Jason Momoa at the recent DragonCon in Atlanta:

From Twitter:
such_heights: "David and Picardo are filming for SGU." "Traitors." - Jason Momoa

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Good catch!

Just watched Cliff Simon. Hahahah another one that watched the premier SGoo episode and dropped it like a steaming hot turd that it is. And the next 19 episodes were soooo good. :P These SG/A actors must have laughed themselves silly after S1 E1.

Hahahah Hewlett didn't even bother watching it.

Hahahah Flannigan trashes it. "Not looking like a smart choice." :icon_redface: Made 15 minutes into SGoo and his kids told him to turn it off. LOLROTF :rotflmao: "Numbers are not good."

Now where's that punkass Calibos and B-Dubya?

SerenityS

GateFans Member
The punkass b-dubya is present, loser.

I'm a big Hewlett fan. I saw Helen because of him. He only has two scenes, though.

Of course you are a Hewlett fan, it's a TBTB Club requirement. Come on admit it, if it wern't for the other actor's contracts the only ones that would have been in SGA Season 5 would have been Hewlett and Staite and you would have renamed it Stargate McKeller. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
There were links to those videos already on the old forum. I post them here again. They are from the FedCon 2010, which was between 30. April - 2. May. All of the actors were asked about their opinion of SGU.

Joe Flanigan (Sheppard):

http://www.serieasten.tv/SERIEASTEN...W_MIT_JOE_FLANIGAN_VON_STARGATE_ATLANTIS.html

David Hewlett (McKay):

http://www.serieasten.tv/SERIEASTEN..._MIT_DAVID_HEWLETT_VON_STARGATE_ATLANTIS.html

Cliff Simon (Ba'al):

http://www.serieasten.tv/SERIEASTEN...ERVIEW_MIT_CLIFF_SIMON_VON_STARGATE_SG-1.html

Are there YT vids for these PSW?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
SGA agrees--- sgpoo stinks!

gotta love Joe F. and Jason M.-- those guys don't mince words! :laughing:

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Dragon Con in Atlanta

snippet from a fan report from the Atlanta Dragon Con:

I told Ben (Browder) that I had just purchased the entire Farscape boxed set, but only seen the first season. He then said, "So, you have all 10 seasons of SG1, right?" I nodded. "You have all 5 seasons of SGA?" I nodded again. "You watch SGU?" I shook my head, and he laughed. I said "I'm not the demographic they're looking for" and he cracked up :). He then said that Farscape gets better after Season 1, and I responded, "I've heard that!". I was very impressed with Ben all weekend. What a smart, articulate man.

Jason was smitten with Alaina and volunteered to guest star on SGU, lol, even tho he called David and Robert traitors for doing an episode! :)

again, forgive the no links, can be found on an icerocket blog search of Dragoncon

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

snippet from a fan report from the Atlanta Dragon Con:

again, forgive the no links, can be found on an icerocket blog search of Dragoncon

I love the fact that even Ben Browder, who is from a former SG show which wasn't cancelled due to SGU thinks that the show is tonk.

Incidently though, I wouldn't call Jason Momoa a hypocrite, he obviously still thinks that SGU sucks bollocks but he clearly is a man very much like myself............... ruled by his dick! & Alaina Huffman is a choise piece of ass so I don't blame him.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I wonder what Ben has to say about SGU. Last year he just said 'it's a different cup of tea' I'm doubtful he'll be on SGU because they didn't even bring him on SGA.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Interesting Article

I found this article and thought it would be a good fit here. some of the more rabid (and naive) sgu fans seem to think the Cons are a "free day" for the actors who attend...but it's part of their JOB...pure and simple. THEY get PAID to be there...otherwise why bother? ;) this article talks about Erin Gray (of Buck Rogers fame) developing a second career... representing actors to get them con gigs.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/09/06/dragoncon.celebrities/index.html?hpt=C2

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
We are living in an age of social media, where the fans have a louder voice than ever before.
:icon_e_wink:

SerenityS

GateFans Member
From a Dragon Con Report:

There were these 'bumper' things they played on large screens between panels. They were videos and polls and just hilarious (it's hard to explain them, lol). One was a poll:

"Hey SG fans, who is your favorite character?"

First name was Jack O'Neill - lots of applause/yelling

Second name was John Sheppard - same thing

Third name was Matthew Scott - TOTAL SILENCE

It took me a minute to think of who he is....BJS plays him on SGUgh. LOL.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Alaina isn't worried about TJ being killed off of SGU because "I'm not really a doctor, and I never will be!" TJ is a medic, lol. I felt kind of bad for Alaina because she was pretty much ignored in all but Monday's panel. She kept saying "My show is still on!"

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

There were these 'bumper' things they played on large screens between panels. They were videos and polls and just hilarious (it's hard to explain them, lol). One was a poll:

Alaina isn't worried about TJ being killed off of SGU because "I'm not really a doctor, and I never will be!" TJ is a medic, lol. I felt kind of bad for Alaina because she was pretty much ignored in all but Monday's panel. She kept saying "My show is still on!"

:rotflmao:reality bites eh? ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Thanks Mate

Didn't those links work for you? But I also found the interviews on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX38M4qIjYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydtJQTyKzIM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGvL8k50Fk

Cheers PSW, You are a saint Sir

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

YEP and obviousley not that many people care!

this must have been a wake up call for the actors because in that interview with Rush (cant remember the actors name) he said that they had gained back those they had lost or thats what David Blue had told them, the con shows thats not the case.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hmmm...should I attend this?

Im thinking about going to this in November:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgbur.htm

All of the coolest SG-1, Atlantis and the best of the worst from SGU will be there. I would love to have an SGU°S shirt to wear there. Im tempted to go out and buy some Avery iron-on t-shirt transfers to create one on a white t-shirt, along with the website name AND make about 10 (or how ever many come in a package), and then GIVE them to cute girls at the Con on the condition that they wear them during the Con (and they have to change in front of me :D...JK!). I would actually get to meet Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks AND Todd the Wraith! Besides that, Elyse Levesque would be there as well as Brian J Smith...on Sunday again. There are photo ops. I wonder if they would even grant a photo op to a person wearing an SGU°S t-shirt! I want to put the name of the website under the SGU°S on the front.

Should I do this? The place where the Con is being held is less than 30 minutes from where I live! If he sees the t-shirt, he can assume I am part of the "harassment" of his mom and the panning of the show he is on. LMAO.

:rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For the Con, you can do it for VERY cheap.

Go for it. Me and Robbie intend to dothe same thing at the Chevron 7.5 in Northampton. Been quoted £26 for a shirt to be made so will shop around a bit first for a cheaper price.

You can buy Avery 3302 stretchable fabric transfers to make shirts for the Con, but just be advised they look GREAT on the shirts until you wash them. After the first washing, they start looking "off". But for the con and exposure, you can just use one of your white cotton t-shirts or buy a new one for about 6 bucks. Wear the shirt to the Con.

Can you imagine the impact that would have with the actors of SGU who see it? They will see yours way over in the UK, and then see the same shirts at the con in Los Angeles? They will start thinking that the whole world hates the show. I wonder if J Mozz knows any Japanese?

星の入場収入ユニバース吸い込み (Star Gate Universe Sucks)

:rotflmao:

There is no word for Stargate so its Star Gate. Works for me! Have it in several languages.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They look best on white t-shirts.

Cool, I will look into getting some of those. I work for a fashion chain so getting shirts should not be a problem.

They look best on white t-shirts. I have made them for my company to wear at geek networking picnics. Like I said, they look awesomely crispy and great...until you wash them. Even in warm or cold water, they still look okay but they dont "pop" like they do when they are first made. You can make great ones if you do the work properly in your photo editing program. I like to make a page 1200x1200 in Macromedia Fireworks using a white canvas first, then adding whatever elements I want on the shirt and then at the end, make the canvas transparent and save in PNG32 format. This will make the transfer ONLY your design and not the background. You have to reverse the image before printing.