Football (American) Chit Chat

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Go Clemson

#2 beat #1 21-0 tonight. When it is lopsided like that it makes one wonder how other teams might have done in a tournament scenario. I think the money is still there (probably more than they get now) but dividing it will always work to prevent change of the system.

#23 beat #15 by a score of 70 to 33. The mere fact that the AP/UPI/BCS rankings are essentially meaningless indicates that we need a single elimination tournament.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
OK, I won't jinx it for you. But I did see the Giants a lot this year and if the Packers can contain Victor Cruz I think it should be an easy win. ;)

Good Lord, they couldn't contain anybody! :(

All of those turnovers did not help the Packers either.

G

Graybrew1

I was out in Philly watching this game. Everybody there was pretty much rooting for the Packers to kick the Giants ass, and what happened? The frakin Packers pulled a "Philly". They have a great team with loads of talent and phoned it the frak in. It was like they felt entitled to win and so they did not feel like playing. Ugh. That is exactly what Philly does almost every year at some point. The Phillies did it las year and the Eagles did it the last few years, especially when they made it to the Superbowl. I feel truly bad for the Packers fan because they looked Pathetic. :facepalm: I blame the coach, perhaps they should fire him and next time they will make it to the Superbowl. No matter, I am hopeful the Pats will wipe the Giants off the map. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So, Green Bay got their's packed nice 'n deep again, huh?

G

Graybrew1

So, Shaved ... not to dig the knife in, but who do you want to win now?
I am rooting for the Pats, but if Maryland could take it I would be quite happy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So, Shaved ... not to dig the knife in, but who do you want to win now?
I am rooting for the Pats, but if Maryland could take it I would be quite happy.

I haven't really thought about football since that horrible day... :(

All I can say is that I despise Tom Brady and hope he gets a cleated foot fight in the muffin basket. :D

G

Graybrew1

I haven't really thought about football since that horrible day... :(

All I can say is that I despise Tom Brady and hope he gets a cleated foot fight in the muffin basket. :D

It took me a couple weeks too, but now I am back in the spirit to root for the Giants to back that Cleated Foot you speak of.
I miss Football, I am thinking of going to Baltimore next weekend to go watch them play the Pats.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It took me a couple weeks too, but now I am back in the spirit to root for the Giants to back that Cleated Foot you speak of.
I miss Football, I am thinking of going to Baltimore next weekend to go watch them play the Pats.

The Giants has beaten GreenBay a few times over the years but I do respect them a lot. Eli Manning was on fire during that last game and even though he handed us our respective butts I don't feel any animosity towards him or the Giants. They're a great team. If I'm rooting for anyone it would be the NY Giants.

G

Graybrew1

The Giants has beaten GreenBay a few times over the years but I do respect them a lot. Eli Manning was on fire during that last game and even though he handed us our respective butts I don't feel any animosity towards him or the Giants. They're a great team. If I'm rooting for anyone it would be the NY Giants.

Too bad this damn site is not in FH. :argue:We are mortal enemies again.
It seems we are destined to always be on the opposite sides. As a diehard Philly fan, of course I hate the damn Giants. I really don't see them going all the way so I will be happy enough if I am right about that.

SciphonicStranger

49ers baby! :D

SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Really? you don't think that the Ravens are going to get wiped off the map by the Pats this Sunday?

Nope. The Ravens can play defense and they have the great Joe Flacco. :)

SciphonicStranger

Sarcasm will get you nowhere, Smartass. LOL.

Ahem. Mr. Flacco was a bad drop away from winning the game and then a shanked field goal away from overtime.

Now we will see if the 49ers can get it done in overtime themselves.

SciphonicStranger

Too many turnovers by the 49ers special teams. Patriots Vs. Giants in the Super Bowl. :puke:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Meh, I like the NY Giants even though they beat up Green Bay the other week. Conversely I despise NE and Tom Brady in particular. He's too pretty for my tastes.

gay_tom_brady1.jpg