Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This one killed me:

"When they announced this garbage we were told we would get all the details on how the world collapsed. I expected government cover-ups and military takeovers. What I got is a story about some drug addict's unlikable family and a "mystery man" who ends up trying to find his gay lover. Really??"

:crying-028::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

And this:

"They even have one episode with no walkers at all (Season 1 Ep. 4). How do you have a show about zombies with no zombies??"

:icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

This producer is such a hack it's sickening. Yeah, the viewers are the ones to blame for not sticking through the "slow burn" of the show. What a D-bag. :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014:

ETA: I do love how many of the comments on that article mention just how unlikable the main characters are. :anim_59:

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Someone should have directly asked this "producer" about the show having lost 60% of its premiere audience so far.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am still trying to figure out what the writers are trying to portray in the show. Do they really think we see Maddy as the leader? LMAO! I think she is supposed to be the Rick of the show, but she is not cutting it at all. And they made Nick a major character, but he is actually a very f@#ked individual not worth saving. Chris is beyond angst, he is now insane. It's time to kill him off. Travis is neither here nor there, since they have basically given him nothing to do. They need to fix Daniel and make him like he was before. Perhaps have him kill Chris. Alicia could be fixed, and they should keep Strand. Still, they are going right back onto that boat. :facepalm:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I am still trying to figure out what the writers are trying to portray in the show. Do they really think we see Maddy as the leader? LMAO! I think she is supposed to be the Rick of the show, but she is not cutting it at all. And they made Nick a major character, but he is actually a very f@#ked individual not worth saving. Chris is beyond angst, he is now insane. It's time to kill him off. Travis is neither here nor there, since they have basically given him nothing to do. They need to fix Daniel and make him like he was before. Perhaps have him kill Chris. Alicia could be fixed, and they should keep Strand. Still, they are going right back onto that boat. :facepalm:

They baited viewers into watching this show under false pretense, implying it would show us the beginnings of the virus infection and its progression and how society broke down. Instead, we're being served up The Walking Drama Part Deux, a second ragtag bunch struggling through their mundane lives and conflicts drowned in melodramatic nonsense.

The people behind these zombie dramas seem more obsessed with being soap writers,

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They baited viewers into watching this show under false pretense, implying it would show us the beginnings of the virus infection and its progression and how society broke down. Instead, we're being served up The Walking Drama Part Deux, a second ragtag bunch struggling through their mundane lives and conflicts drowned in melodramatic nonsense.

The people behind these zombie dramas seem more obsessed with being soap writers,

And the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction and cratering ratings show how well it works...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
And the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction and cratering ratings show how well it works...

They can't deny reality forever. The ratings and outright fan hatred of this turd simply can't be ignored in perpetuity. What really gives me a laugh though is knowing that the show runners won't be able to fix this thing. They would have to gut the entire cast and completely rewrite the story.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And two episodes since its return and it has lost even more audience.

Going from the last episode of midseason they have slipped from 4.2 to 3.7 and from 1.9 to 1.6 in demo. At what point do the powers that be step in and replace the showrunners?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The sh
And two episodes since its return and it has lost even more audience.

Going from the last episode of midseason they have slipped from 4.2 to 3.7 and from 1.9 to 1.6 in demo. At what point do the powers that be step in and replace the showrunners?
The show has no legs because of the central characters. Without a central "crew" for the audience to follow (like Killjoys, Dark Matter, Z Nation, etc), the show will fail every time. Replacing the showrunners is not going to improve the characters. They need to take the good ones out of the crew and kill off Alicia, Nick and Maddy and Travis. Keep the others and move the show back into the city and then round out the crew with newer better characters.

This show failed because the way they introduced it was supposed to be the effect of the zombie invasion on a large city, then they did a bait and switch and within one season they ended up on a boat going from place to place in rural isolated Mexico and Baja. What did they expect the audience to do, just sit and watch it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That is indeed part of the problem. Changing Showrunners would be as start but they need to basically dump the whole cast also. I have a funny feeling that next season will be the last and they also will be starting to look at how to end The Walking Dead.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
At fanExpo ran into a girl in cosplay as Mshivon or however you spell her name and she absolutely hates fear the walking turds lol ...Haaahaaa ,,,

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At fanExpo ran into a girl in cosplay as Mshivon or however you spell her name and she absolutely hates fear the walking turds lol ...Haaahaaa ,,,

;) ;) ;)

Because of the damned boat, they could call this show the Floating Turds. :icon_rotflmao::shep_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
In one of these new eps. I got this strange idea that Maddy and Rick are related--like brother and sister

especially after she said she was from the south and not cali

at least that would explain the shared idiocy to genetics :biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In one of these new eps. I got this strange idea that Maddy and Rick are related--like brother and sister

especially after she said she was from the south and not cali

at least that would explain the shared idiocy to genetics :biggrin:

Interesting theory!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I suspect the dumb decision syndrome is just like the navel gazing syndrome - they go with having Gale Anne Hurd as the Executive Producer.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If anyone is interested the ratings slide continues.

As of last episode it sits at 3.4 million / 1.48 demo.

That puts it in the vicinity of losing 70% of its audience in the two seasons it has been on. Is it enough to persuade AMC they need to bring in a new team?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
any word on it's being renewed yet?

Dunno. I actually don't care anymore. I can't remember if it was on break or if I just stopped watching it. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Dunno. I actually don't care anymore. I can't remember if it was on break or if I just stopped watching it. :)

yeah, it kind of has that effect

every ep i have seen, i have a hard time remembering if THAT was the season finale or what?

i really do not see where they can go with this show that hasn't already been done in TWD, this show is just repeating it "in spanish"