Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is wearing blood Nick's new fad? He's been covered in blood for the last few episodes.

Like all heroin addicts he morphs into a super-ninja during an apocalypse. When he dons a layer of blood (from Travis's menstruating vagina) he becomes one with the zombie hoard. It's actually quite freeing from what I hear. You should try it sometime.:playful:

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That sounds more interesting than the actual show...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is wearing blood Nick's new fad? He's been covered in blood for the last few episodes.

He has discovered that the zombies don't attack him when he is covered with blood. Why he has not told anyone this is strange. It seems like it is his own private little secret. He has made the connection, because we saw him two episodes ago purposely gut a zombie and smear it's guts all over him to move through them.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
He has discovered that the zombies don't attack him when he is covered with blood. Why he has not told anyone this is strange. It seems like it is his own private little secret. He has made the connection, because we saw him two episodes ago purposely gut a zombie and smear it's guts all over him to move through them.

Oh, I get the whole disguise his scent from zombies thing. What i don't get is why he's covered in zombie guts 24/7. I think he likes it too much. Maybe next season he'll start wearing live people guts.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, I get the whole disguise his scent from zombies thing. What i don't get is why he's covered in zombie guts 24/7. I think he likes it too much. Maybe next season he'll start wearing live people guts.

From day one, I have said he manages to always look dirty and greasy and grimy and unkempt. Even when in a swimming pool full of water. He would come off the beach and immediately soil up again by covering himself in mud. Like Pigpen on Charlie Brown. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Regarding the mid-season finale, I stand by my assessment that this show is nothing but a lot of flailing about by the characters. There is almost no logic to their actions. They move from one tension-less manufactured crisis to the next like marionettes forced to go through the motions.

And it's cheap and lazy writing to have three characters go crazy: Chris, Celia and Daniel. Chris could maybe be explained away, but regardless his descent into madness seemed to happen overnight and it's not that compelling. Celia on the other hand is just a cartoon character in the way she responds to the zombies. Totally unbelievable. Same with Daniel, who we are to believe is a hardened veteran of Latin American death squads yet suddenly snaps and starts to see his dead wife everywhere. :rolleye0014:

And what was with Nick running off at the end to rejoin the zombie hoard simply because his feelings got hurt? :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014:

Totally ridiculous. Here's hoping the writing staff gets cancer.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They have "stabilized" on total ratings at about 4.2 but the demo number dropped to 1.9. So this half season they shed 39% of the demo rating they started the season with and on total audience the bleed was 37% from season start to season end.

At some point the AMC bean counters have to start asking "what is wrong and how do we fix it"? This show (unlike its parent) has not grown or even held its original audience but instead hemorrhaged it to a 60% tune.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They have "stabilized" on total ratings at about 4.2 but the demo number dropped to 1.9. So this half season they shed 39% of the demo rating they started the season with and on total audience the bleed was 37% from season start to season end.

At some point the AMC bean counters have to start asking "what is wrong and how do we fix it"? This show (unlike its parent) has not grown or even held its original audience but instead hemorrhaged it to a 60% tune.

Well this show has already been renewed for another season, correct? I wouldn't have a problem with them cancelling it but I highly doubt they will go that route yet. How they go about fixing this show is beyond me as the main characters (all of them) are a big part of what is wrong with this turd. I, and apparently a lot of other people, honestly don't care what happens to Maddie and Travis and everyone they are related to. They are unsympathetic characters and their story lines hold no intrigue or interest for the viewers.

But based upon what we've seen with the producers of this dreck they will double-down on their inane, uninteresting story line that involves these horrible characters and will keep plowing ahead. It's sad how AMC got rid of Darabont early on but they have yet to take steps to remove TPTB from the helm of this crap show. To me that makes no sense.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is like a poster child for why networks should wait until after the finale to decide to renew, instead of doing it super early. It removes a lot of the incentive for producers to respond to the audience.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well this show has already been renewed for another season, correct? I wouldn't have a problem with them cancelling it but I highly doubt they will go that route yet. How they go about fixing this show is beyond me as the main characters (all of them) are a big part of what is wrong with this turd. I, and apparently a lot of other people, honestly don't care what happens to Maddie and Travis and everyone they are related to. They are unsympathetic characters and their story lines hold no intrigue or interest for the viewers.

But based upon what we've seen with the producers of this dreck they will double-down on their inane, uninteresting story line that involves these horrible characters and will keep plowing ahead. It's sad how AMC got rid of Darabont early on but they have yet to take steps to remove TPTB from the helm of this crap show. To me that makes no sense.

They can't fix this show. We already know that the world remains zombified because their future is The Walking Dead world. After a while, you begin to realize that everything is going to stay f**ked for a long time and there will never be a truly uplifting moment. There will not be a cure, and eventually everyone must die (in the current scenario). Nobody in either show is interested in finding the people searching for a scientific solution to the walkers, they are only hiding and looking for safe places in both shows.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Too much reliance on riding the coattails of the parent show. They didn't see a problem going with shit writers.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I assume they already have the second half of the current season filmed and in the can so to speak. With this being the case I don't see how they can fix the bad writing endemic to the show. The earliest chance they will have to fix things will be season 3 but that will be too late.

But as I said before I don't know what they could do to fix this abortion. None of the main characters are worth saving. They're losers. They were losers before the zed apocalypse and they continue to be losers. It would be one thing if they were lovable losers that you could relate to, but they're not. They're the kind of losers that you don't want anything to do with. They're idiots who get in their own way. And they are the last type of people you want to find yourself burdened with during an apocalypse.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Regarding the mid-season finale, I stand by my assessment that this show is nothing but a lot of flailing about by the characters. There is almost no logic to their actions. They move from one tension-less manufactured crisis to the next like marionettes forced to go through the motions.

And it's cheap and lazy writing to have three characters go crazy: Chris, Celia and Daniel. Chris could maybe be explained away, but regardless his descent into madness seemed to happen overnight and it's not that compelling. Celia on the other hand is just a cartoon character in the way she responds to the zombies. Totally unbelievable. Same with Daniel, who we are to believe is a hardened veteran of Latin American death squads yet suddenly snaps and starts to see his dead wife everywhere. :rolleye0014:

And what was with Nick running off at the end to rejoin the zombie hoard simply because his feelings got hurt? :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014:

Totally ridiculous. Here's hoping the writing staff gets cancer.

I just watched this episode. Did they really just kill off Daniel? Yes, they did. And although Chris and Travis are still alive, I don't think Travis is going to get past the "You tried to kill me, son" thing. I'm glad Strand survived, and it was surprising to see Maddy feeding Celia to her family like she did (go Maddy!). I think Nick is out, no? What's wrong with him can't really be fixed can it? I think Travis might be back, maybe not, and I just don't want Chris back.

Daniel was my favorite character. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I assume they already have the second half of the current season filmed and in the can so to speak. With this being the case I don't see how they can fix the bad writing endemic to the show. The earliest chance they will have to fix things will be season 3 but that will be too late.

But as I said before I don't know what they could do to fix this abortion. None of the main characters are worth saving. They're losers. They were losers before the zed apocalypse and they continue to be losers. It would be one thing if they were lovable losers that you could relate to, but they're not. They're the kind of losers that you don't want anything to do with. They're idiots who get in their own way. And they are the last type of people you want to find yourself burdened with during an apocalypse.

Isn't Nick out? Perhaps not, since he is supposed to be a major character in this. But Daniel is out. Travis and Chris, where the hell is that going? After Chris tried to kill him, and when he was holding the little boy at gunpoint, you can't fix stuff like that. Chris is gone. Travis should give him mercy...wait, that's another show!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's basically a copy of The Walking Dead in all the wrong places. Bad pacing, unlikeable characters who are hard to root for and angst by the barrelful. Little wonder the ratings have imploded.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's basically a copy of The Walking Dead in all the wrong places. Bad pacing, unlikeable characters who are hard to root for and angst by the barrelful. Little wonder the ratings have imploded.

I found this at CinemaBlend, and they say that Daniel is out for season 2, but might come back in an organic way in season 3?

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Walking-Dead-Death-Really-Happen-140097.html

Organic, meaning real? We did not see him actually burn in that cellar, but that line of flame was going right between his legs so I am not seeing how this will go down. It looks like they have intentionally split up the group, but will bring them back together perhaps? I think they are taking too many chances with this show. They need to find us characters who we care about, even if enough to just hate them. At this point, I don't care about any of them.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I found this at CinemaBlend, and they say that Daniel is out for season 2, but might come back in an organic way in season 3?

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Walking-Dead-Death-Really-Happen-140097.html

Organic, meaning real? We did not see him actually burn in that cellar, but that line of flame was going right between his legs so I am not seeing how this will go down. It looks like they have intentionally split up the group, but will bring them back together perhaps? I think they are taking too many chances with this show. They need to find us characters who we care about, even if enough to just hate them. At this point, I don't care about any of them.

Right, we didn't see Daniel buy the farm, it was just alluded to. I think they will bring everyone back together in quick order. When the season continues we'll get an episode where Travis and Chris have a heart-to-heart but then they will somehow make it back to the Abigail. (Chris may die though.)

With the way the writing goes on this show I just don't see them filming multiple stories of the characters that's why I think they will regroup. And yes, this includes Nick the Wonder Dog.

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Right, we didn't see Daniel buy the farm, it was just alluded to. I think they will bring everyone back together in quick order. When the season continues we'll get an episode where Travis and Chris have a heart-to-heart but then they will somehow make it back to the Abigail. (Chris may die though.)

With the way the writing goes on this show I just don't see them filming multiple stories of the characters that's why I think they will regroup. And yes, this includes Nick the Wonder Dog.

Wow. I can't wait for the next installment of this compelling drama. I'm on the edge of my seat, eagerly awaiting to see who will be shipped next and who will backstab who and who will sleep with whom. In preparation, I just ordered me one of these from Amazon along with a USB-powered popcorn maker to snuggle in front of the TV and watch this melodramatic marvel.

blankie926.gif

Bluce Ree

Another clueless FTWD producer who just does not get it.

The comments after the article are almost universally in agreement on how bad this show is. You must read them! :anim_59:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-walking-dead-ep-addresses-233604433.html

This one killed me:

"When they announced this garbage we were told we would get all the details on how the world collapsed. I expected government cover-ups and military takeovers. What I got is a story about some drug addict's unlikable family and a "mystery man" who ends up trying to find his gay lover. Really??"

:crying-028::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

And this:

"They even have one episode with no walkers at all (Season 1 Ep. 4). How do you have a show about zombies with no zombies??"

:icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024: