Fear the Festering Turd (aka Fear The Walking Dead)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The show is crud seriously. It is the usual Gale-Anne Hurd staple of a bad soap opera with unappealing characters which happens to have zombies in it.

The Walking Dead made it thus far off of the comic and then the outstanding first season. Since then the story has gotten progressively dumber and slower and last season you even saw major audience decline for The Walking Dead also.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The show is crud seriously. It is the usual Gale-Anne Hurd staple of a bad soap opera with unappealing characters which happens to have zombies in it.

The Walking Dead made it thus far off of the comic and then the outstanding first season. Since then the story has gotten progressively dumber and slower and last season you even saw major audience decline for The Walking Dead also.

Once these two shows are done, nobody will be able to do anything with Zombies for a long while. I think we are done with pandemics too, as well as future persons going back in time to do stuff. *sigh* what's next?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Phases come and go. The funny thing is Z Nation takes the same concept and makes it feel fresh. It's Hurd's technique that makes it feel slow, plodding and unlikeable.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
or...

for the really unimaginative TPTB's we could have all of the above on a space station!

zombies, vampires and star kids on a cylinder, 5 miles long, protecting a jump gate/wormhole ran by semi maniacal/half lucid commanders

i'm waiting :smiley-laughing011:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
S3 premiered ??!!

I guess I umm, missed that-shucks!!!

Well it seems they may have made a good decision, that whiney boy Travis dude is gone, dead, out go the lights!!

that is one massive improvement to the show right there

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is, but I am not sure the show can be fixed. Last season was so bad people were rooting for the walkers...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is, but I am not sure the show can be fixed. Last season was so bad people were rooting for the walkers...

I stopped watching after they fed the weird matriarch of that convent to the walkers, and Nick ran off with the zombies.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
In the weird event anyone cares anymore, Fear the Walking Idiots got to midseason break at a whopping 2.4 million viewers. It started this season at 3.11 million so it has again shed close to 25% of its audience. So in 2.5 seasons it went from 10.13 million to 2.4 million. Makes you wonder what it will take for AMC to step in.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In the weird event anyone cares anymore, Fear the Walking Idiots got to midseason break at a whopping 2.4 million viewers. It started this season at 3.11 million so it has again shed close to 25% of its audience. So in 2.5 seasons it went from 10.13 million to 2.4 million. Makes you wonder what it will take for AMC to step in.

I don't get how it is on the air still. Those numbers are below cancellation level for a show like this. It's not only on the cancellation plate for Cancellation Bear, but they are even ringing the dinner bell and it is still on? OTOH, I am still shaking my head that there is an audience for The Walking Dead.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
S3 premiered ??!!

I guess I umm, missed that-shucks!!!

Well it seems they may have made a good decision, that whiney boy Travis dude is gone, dead, out go the lights!!

that is one massive improvement to the show right there

GREAT news in that spoiler! But there is no need to put it in tags. :) He was a drag on the series from the beginning. They needed to dump Nick and replace him with somebody more interesting. In any scenario, this show never lived up to it's promise of being a zombie show set in a CITY scenario instead of the rural flavor of The Walking Dead. Within the first season, that went out the window.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well, its been awhile since we have had star children or space vampires!

time to bust those out, dust and repeat :)

I think it is obvious to everyone that Hollywood creativity is just about dead. If they aren't rebooting or re-imagining something, they are borrowing elements of past shows and mashing them together in different ways to come up with something. It's what happens when you use teams of writers to create something instead of using the talent of creative individuals.

Something else, advertisers are no longer dumping millions into cable shows like they used to. The metrics show that people are shifting away from cable into online streaming, which means the revenue stream for content providers has to come from subscribers and not necessarily from advertisers.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think it is obvious to everyone that Hollywood creativity is just about dead. If they aren't rebooting or re-imagining something, they are borrowing elements of past shows and mashing them together in different ways to come up with something. It's what happens when you use teams of writers to create something instead of using the talent of creative individuals.

Something else, advertisers are no longer dumping millions into cable shows like they used to. The metrics show that people are shifting away from cable into online streaming, which means the revenue stream for content providers has to come from subscribers and not necessarily from advertisers.

it si about time for aliens to swoop in and save the ratings--especially for TWD;TOS :)

and a 'magic blowing hair girl' too...perfection!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i haven't watched one bit of FTWD since Travis jumped out of the helo....

i feel i am missing something <<sarcasm>>

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's actually worse than The Walking Dead. Which is hard.

And both are pathetic compared to Z Nation.

Is this crap show still on the air? And at season 3 no less??? How is that even possible? The entire cast of characters are nothing but f*ckwits. They wouldn't survive day #1 in an apocalypse; not even by dumb luck. And yet we're supposed to believe that these dipshits are capable of surviving for days, weeks, months and even years in such a world? By what sort of magic does this happen? Are they living in a video game where they get to endlessly re-spawn after being killed off due to their own stupidity? This is ridiculous.

And someone please tell me this annoying twit has finally bitten the dust:

roflbot.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
:welcomewagon:Welcome!

Glad you came to GateFans. Sorry I didn't post earlier but I'm on the road this week.

So what sort of SciFi do you like? Favorite books and shows?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Is this crap show still on the air? And at season 3 no less??? How is that even possible? The entire cast of characters are nothing but f*ckwits. They wouldn't survive day #1 in an apocalypse; not even by dumb luck. And yet we're supposed to believe that these dipshits are capable of surviving for days, weeks, months and even years in such a world? By what sort of magic does this happen? Are they living in a video game where they get to endlessly re-spawn after being killed off due to their own stupidity? This is ridiculous.

And someone please tell me this annoying twit has finally bitten the dust:

roflbot.jpg

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!!