Falling Skies season 3 discussion

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
That is traditional amongst Native Americans, assuming she is one. I have seen names like Sunset and Flower Rainwater before. I think it suits her. :)

I hear dat but "Bloodgood" is an anglicized pseudo Native American concoction.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually she is half Korean and half Irish-Dutch. Not a half bad actress-she was one of the few redeeming points of Terminator:Salvation.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Hal is a sleeper alien agent - he does indeed have a brain implant and they control him when he is unconscious.

And yes turning Moon Bloodgood into a fugitive who may have killed at least one person (eccentric doctor) is silly and contradicts her character.

Yeah, true...but WHY? This show does not need that story thread going along. Let it just be an eye worm and show it coming out and make Hal all better. Voila. Its as if they took the inventive genius out of Anna when she was the doctor, and expanded that into this new mad scientist in the basement dude. It would work if they introduced him earlier. They might make him an interesting character as time goes on. But Anna is now just reduced to "desperate mom" status. Perhaps we will get a tearful confrontation with her holed up in a building and shooting at her rescuers, with Tom pleading for their future together, the baby and their sons...crying, putting down the weapon, embrace, etc...bleh.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hear dat but "Bloodgood" is an anglicized pseudo Native American concoction.

Wasn't gonna say anything about that until Joelist pointed out her ancestry...

Actually she is half Korean and half Irish-Dutch. Not a half bad actress-she was one of the few redeeming points of Terminator:Salvation.

Her actual last name is Bloodgood, and it is a Scottish/Welsh surname...whaddaya know! Her birth name is Korinna Moon Bloodgood.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Years ago while doing a store-to-store transfer of an item with one of our Minnesota locations I noticed the employee's name on the other end was "Running Dog". Turns out he was Native American and that was his name, go figure.

And one time when I was checking out of an over-priced gourmet grocery store I noticed the name tag for the Asian guy bagging up my order was "Hung". I wanted to give him a high five just for having that name. Can you imagine introducing yourself to people at a party with that name? "Hi, I'm Hung" :anim_59:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
well not impressed with falling asleep I admit. It's still too soapy for me. the hal storyline is pure stupidity, the "mom-on-the-run-with-half-alien-baby" is overused and tired. I actively dislike Tom Mason- too many tampons I think ape. Find myself wishing pope's head would explode and want the son matt to go nutso and kill everyone. The scientist-in-the-basement who can do anything & everything with no equipment is just moronic. gee can you tell i am over this show? hubby and I watch now when we remember it's on just to heckle. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
well not impressed with falling asleep I admit. It's still too soapy for me. the hal storyline is pure stupidity, the "mom-on-the-run-with-half-alien-baby" is overused and tired. I actively dislike Tom Mason- too many tampons I think ape. Find myself wishing pope's head would explode and want the son matt to go nutso and kill everyone. The scientist-in-the-basement who can do anything & everything with no equipment is just moronic. gee can you tell i am over this show? hubby and I watch now when we remember it's on just to heckle. :P

Your cynicism towards this show saddens me. :moody:
Just kidding! :smiley_joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yeah, where did he come from? I think the writers wanted to have some sort of super-nerd in the show to pull off Geordi LaForge/Scotty/McKay/Sam/Wesley Crusher sort of things for the show. Bloodgood's doctor character was going that direction last season, but she could not really pull that thing off. But turning her into a fugitive mom? The alien-human baby hybrid thing is lame. I see it as an excuse to introduce a new kid in the series (as yet unseen) who has magically grown into a sassy 10 year old looking female child, who can do almost magical things 'cause she be a alien, yo. :rolleye0014:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, where did he come from? I think the writers wanted to have some sort of super-nerd in the show to pull off Geordi LaForge/Scotty/McKay/Sam/Wesley Crusher sort of things for the show. Bloodgood's doctor character was going that direction last season, but she could not really pull that thing off. But turning her into a fugitive mom? The alien-human baby hybrid thing is lame. I see it as an excuse to introduce a new kid in the series (as yet unseen) who has magically grown into a sassy 10 year old looking female child, who can do almost magical things 'cause she be a alien, yo. :rolleye0014:

Oh God, I fear that you are correct here. :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They cant resist...first saw it in the Original V, then in the new V, in Star Trek, even Erkel. :facepalm:

Even SG-1 used it with Vala and Adria. As plots go it's just so freakin' tired. The last thing we need is another magical/alien/human baby. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Even SG-1 used it with Vala and Adria. As plots go it's just so freakin' tired. The last thing we need is another magical/alien/human baby. :rolleye0014:

I actually laughed when the baby responded with "I love you too, mommy" in the last episode. :facepalm:. It reminded me of an episode in Bewitched when Endora made Tabitha talk when she was an infant.
--- merged: Jul 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM ---
Maybe they will use a variant on that theme like they did for River in Firefly? Perhaps her magical powers will be more subtle like that? I just hope we dont see levitation and magical force fields and laser beam eyes or such...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
as said in another thread-- hollywood (or the entertainment industry to be specific) has run out of good ideas! :P this show is one big pile of horse manure! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Okay- anyone still seriously watching this steaming pile of poo? Hubby snookie and I have bets going about how much the baby will have grown by the time they find the mom & baby. Snookie says the baby will be 5 or 6 in size, hubby says she'll be a teenager to add to the angst, I think she will be 11 or so- just old enough to play with her "big" brother matt. What do all of you guys think?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay- anyone still seriously watching this steaming pile of poo? Hubby snookie and I have bets going about how much the baby will have grown by the time they find the mom & baby. Snookie says the baby will be 5 or 6 in size, hubby says she'll be a teenager to add to the angst, I think she will be 11 or so- just old enough to play with her "big" brother matt. What do all of you guys think?

We should have a poll where we guess the age range the kid will be when next we see them. (The alien chick said she froze them or something, but I don't know if she was just messing with Tom's mind) As it is I'm not sure if the kid will be a fully grown adult or a teen or a 6yo like you say. Will have to think on this one...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We should have a poll where we guess the age range the kid will be when next we see them. (The alien chick said she froze them or something, but I don't know if she was just messing with Tom's mind) As it is I'm not sure if the kid will be a fully grown adult or a teen or a 6yo like you say. Will have to think on this one...

The Bad Seed-01.jpg

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
One thing that has bothered me about the 'alien invaders' plot is that, well they completely lack any kind of military strategy, namely siege warfare, I guess that part wasn't written down in the 'aliens guide to invading other planets' manual. They are above the skies in orbit so they can simply blow up bases from that height. What needs to be established on is too why they are on the ground fighting against the human forces/resistance rather than going "Oh yeah we have space ships, hit the big red button!".

Couple of suggestions (feel free to add or disagree).
The first is somehow we develop a piece of technology that neutralizes their orbital weapons meaning we force them into a ground war, making them fight on our terms (If the enemy has range, you make sure they can't use that).

The other is that of desperation from the Alien invaders. Maybe their planet or star is about to go Krypton style and so they poured they're last resources into getting them off the planet and ours was the closest one near by to colonize. They maybe technologically advanced but we wouldn't be fighting an army, just colonists fleeing destruction.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One thing that has bothered me about the 'alien invaders' plot is that, well they completely lack any kind of military strategy, namely siege warfare, I guess that part wasn't written down in the 'aliens guide to invading other planets' manual. They are above the skies in orbit so they can simply blow up bases from that height. What needs to be established on is too why they are on the ground fighting against the human forces/resistance rather than going "Oh yeah we have space ships, hit the big red button!".

The first is somehow we develop a piece of technology that neutralizes their orbital weapons meaning we force them into a ground war, making them fight on our terms (If the enemy has range, you make sure they can't use that).

The other is that of desperation from the Alien invaders. Maybe their planet or star is about to go Krypton style and so they poured they're last resources into getting them off the planet and ours was the closest one near by to colonize. They maybe technologically advanced but we wouldn't be fighting an army, just colonists fleeing destruction.

These observations are so on target...WHY are these aliens on the ground? How can there be a Charleston in this world, and how does it escape orbital attacks? Why is there no way to detect these stupid alien surveillance bugs? And if they have those bugs, why dont they unleash tons of them on the human population and just make them all voluntarily go for the harnesses? Why id Charleston looking suspiciously like the town of Defiance now? (I suspect ratings). Pope has taken on a western villian persona, and he disrupts town operations...why is he allowed to stay? Why is Anne reduced to a running mom with alien child, and her assistant has taken the role of Doctor? :facepalm:

The writing is better, but they dont seem to know where they are taking this show. Are they gonna continue with the intrigue and mystery with the Volm and just abandon the storyline with the Overlords and the bad skitters?

B

Backstep

If the writers had written an actual scenario of alien invaders bent of taking over Earth, there would be no tv show. I'm not defending the writing, just the premise.