Falling Skies season 3 discussion

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
This show starts up again Sunday June 9th. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show starts up again Sunday June 9th. :)

This show can be saved. :) It is not nearly as terminally ill as Defiance, and its issues are basically in the writing and the direction of the story.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This show can be saved. :) It is not nearly as terminally ill as Defiance, and its issues are basically in the writing and the direction of the story.

I liked the preview. They did a great job of not showing ANY melodrama or whining children.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I liked the preview. They did a great job of not showing ANY melodrama or whining children.
That's how they suck you in before they smack you over the head with whiny children, manicured women and immaculately coiffed lawns...

Or something along those lines.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

What does it say that, after watching DEFIANCE, I'm looking forward to Falling Skies so I can get some actual scifi viewing in for once. And just one short year ago I was lambasting FS for being lousy. I should have counted my blessings. :moody:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
What does it say that, after watching DEFIANCE, I'm looking forward to Falling Skies so I can get some actual scifi viewing in for once. And just one short year ago I was lambasting FS for being lousy. I should have counted my blessings. :moody:

You missed the new episodes of Revolution? :jack_new03:

I did too... :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You missed the new episodes of Revolution? :jack_new03:

I did too... :lol:

Honestly, I gave up on Revolution after 2 episodes. Don't get me wrong, I like to have my intelligence insulted as much as the next guy, but there is a limit. ;)

B

Backstep

Revolution was not to terribly bad, bit long in the tooth. What stopped the electric? Nanites

What happened to the spoilers tag?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Revolution was not to terribly bad, bit long in the tooth. What stopped the electric? Nanites

What happened to the spoilers tag?

That is exactly where they lost me. Losing the electricity affects too many things in the NATURAL world to allow me to suspend belief. The human body itself would cease to function without electricity...there would be no lightning, and no magnetic fields, and...its just dumb. I never watched the full pilot.

The spoiler tag is still here, you just have to type it. Without the misspelled spoiler tags in the brackets, do this:

[spooiler]Stuff you want to put in the spoiler goes here[/spooiler]

Like this:
20111231123026!Exorcist.jpg

BOO!

You cant bold or italic the tag or it will break.

B

Backstep

That is exactly where they lost me. Losing the electricity affects too many things in the NATURAL world to allow me to suspend belief. The human body itself would cease to function without electricity...there would be no lightning, and no magnetic fields, and...its just dumb. I never watched the full pilot.

Revolution is on par with Falling skys, the information is parsled out in little snippets, nanites are left out there just hanging. The show does still have value, easy to rag on :shep_lol:

Bluce Ree

That is exactly where they lost me. Losing the electricity affects too many things in the NATURAL world to allow me to suspend belief.

The premise is so stupid it's unbelievable, which is disbelief. So, to overlook the stupidity of the premise and accept it as being possible in that universe, you're suspending disbelief. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The premise is so stupid it's unbelievable, which is disbelief. So, to overlook the stupidity of the premise and accept it as being possible in that universe, you're suspending disbelief. :icon_lol:

Its just dumb! I cant believe that these shows are actually written, people are cast to play dumb characters, and crews are hired to do CGI and others are hored to do editing...hundreds of individuals with opportunities to see this utter dreck in its entirety. And none of them say anything to the Boss??? Its like 10 people taking a bite out of a turd as it is passed to the Honored Guest (the audience), and nobody says YUCK! :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Revolution is on par with Falling skys, the information is parsled out in little snippets, nanites are left out there just hanging. The show does still have value, easy to rag on :shep_lol:

The premise of Revolution is just so bad it's nigh impossible to overlook. And then there's the issue of stylization and aesthetic accuracy. Supposedly the story starts 15 years after the planet loses all electricity and mankind is forced into an agrarian type existence. The fact that they showed several obese people in one of the first scenes totally blew any credibility right there. They showed the fat geek/nerd (who grew up in a world without computers but is still a geek/nerd, go figure) teaching a gaggle of kids, one of which was very fat. Quite simply the harshness of such an existence would preclude there being fat people wherever you looked. There might be rare exceptions but the caloric expenditures of daily life would prevent obesity within the population.

And the fact that most everyone else is well coiffed and looks like an Abercrombie model is also hard to swallow.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Uh...wouldn't nanites require electricity to function?

Correct me if I'm wrong, here.

You forgot that in the soapfi world magic takes the place of physics. :winking0052:

Bluce Ree

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, ya. (As I think of electrical activity in the human brain.

ALL biological matter must use electricity just to exist, move, reproduce, etc. No biological life can exist without the presence of electrical activity (no matter how minute). This show removing "electricity" is like trying to envision life on earth if all the carbon was removed. NOT POSSIBLE. :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
so falling alseep will be back eh? have to read your reviews when I get back to see if it is worthwhile!

Bluce Ree

so falling alseep will be back eh? have to read your reviews when I get back to see if it is worthwhile!

Falling Asleep. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2