Can anybody help me here?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
4:30 am is sleep time!!
give him till 7:30 and the sun comes up and he will be in his element :P

Let the vet do what he needs to do dude. Yes, they will have to knock him out to check his teeth, cause cats hate dentists more than people! We have a good idea what is wrong, but not a definitive cause, and it's not like siete can go find a dealer :D

watch a show, perhaps some old Eddie Murphy, or Chris rock, or even some Bill Maher to keep your brain ticking over if you need to.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
4:30 am is sleep time!!
give him till 7:30 and the sun comes up and he will be in his element :P

Let the vet do what he needs to do dude. Yes, they will have to knock him out to check his teeth, cause cats hate dentists more than people! We have a good idea what is wrong, but not a definitive cause, and it's not like siete can go find a dealer :D

watch a show, perhaps some old Eddie Murphy, or Chris rock, or even some Bill Maher to keep your brain ticking over if you need to.

I cant do much laughing, but I agree. He just came to me in the living room. Some blood on his mouth, but not dripping it like he was last night. The bleeding is noticeably less, but it still happens when he grooms and eats. I am hoping the vet will extract the tooth or seal the source of the blood. He is right next to me on the couch...not bleeding. It is now 5:38am, and I am going to pour another cup of coffee:

Kicking Horse Kick Ass Dark Roast :) http://www.amazon.com/product-revie..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MQF3WMPA6V5BG2BQ373

This coffee I usually only bust out when I need to be AWAKE, ya hear me? This stuff will raise the dead!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
GREAT. Siete came to me, and is sitting on the couch behind my head. He walked over to the pet cage (which he recognizes), and I believe he actually WANTS to go to the vet. Every experience he has had there has been pleasant, so why not? Dante not so much. He panics at dog barks on TV :) No blood since he has been sleeping here. I checked my pillowcase on the bed, and there are a couple of drops which were there (I covered the pillows with my "utility" covers). But no puddles. The amount of blood he vomited is accumulated from yesterday early morning, so that is gone. It is 7:00am, and I am going to get in the shower and get dressed. I do not have an appointment, but I am certain I can get him in there this morning.

There is a place walking distance to where I live, beautiful pet hospital called PV Village Pet Hospital. They have a beautiful new building less than 5 years old, but the reviews SUCK. The parking lot is mostly the staff there. Instead, I drive all the way to Torrance. But they are good, and I trust them.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Did you take your cat to vet? Any type of prolonged bleeding is worth a vet visit. No emergency, just call and get your cat in ASAP. If you local is not to your liking drive closer to somewhere one is....like you do. Blood is not a good thing to swallow regardless of where it came from. I woke up one night several years back and found my cat hovering and straining over her box. I called and took to vet next day and it turned out she needed surgery for a blocked urethra......emergency life saving surgery cost hella 2500.

I can't read your link, it wants a sign in. If it was me, my cat would be at a vet getting physically looked at. It could be a few bucks or it could be a lot of bucks. My big dog had a cyst on her last year, me and the ex pushed our last joined card to it's max and spent 1500 to save her life. You have to decide how far you will go. The dog is doing well and made of full recovery and that cat lived till old age.

I don't regret it a bit.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you take your cat to vet? Any type of prolonged bleeding is worth a vet visit. No emergency, just call and get your cat in ASAP. If you local is not to your liking drive closer to somewhere one is....like you do. Blood is not a good thing to swallow regardless of where it came from. I woke up one night several years back and found my cat hovering and straining over her box. I called and took to vet next day and it turned out she needed surgery for a blocked urethra......emergency life saving surgery cost hella 2500.

I can't read your link, it wants a sign in. If it was me, my cat would be at a vet getting physically looked at. It could be a few bucks or it could be a lot of bucks. My big dog had a cyst on her last year, me and the ex pushed our last joined card to it's max and spent 1500 to save her life. You have to decide how far you will go. The dog is doing well and made of full recovery and that cat lived till old age.

I don't regret it a bit.

Okay, back from vet. :) Good news is that Siete is no longer bleeding, but he could. I was given an antibiotic for him, and also a steroid to shrink any cuts or sores. The vet rinsed his fur of the blood, so he no longer looks like he just performed an autopsy. He is his regular self, crying to go outside, jumping on his perches, snuggling and purring. They also found masses under his tongue, but they do not look cancerous to me. Vet wanted to do a biopsy, but I said no because she said it will make him bleed even more. Plus, if it isnt bothering him why should I make things worse by giving him more bleeding?

I feel so much better. :)

Now....Fisher is now hissing and howling at me after returning from the vet. Huh? I washed my arms, was not in contact with any other animals, so what is he reacting to? He acts like he does not even know me. He wont even take treats. :( I know this has to be temporary.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Fisher may be jealous of the attention Siete has received.

I hope the masses do turn out to be nothing.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
Animals tend to "smell a vet" on other animals. They usually get over it in a few hours or days at worst.

I would say if it is cancerous, it is possible not much you can do, so I would probably not do a biopsy unless vet had solid plan of affordable action if one was done.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I chose NOT to get the biopsy. I do not know what the masses are, but they did not look inflamed or like diseased cells like the ones I see in online pics. They are not very big either. The bleeding was not coming from those. It was coming from his gums. He has had a benign lump on the base of his tail for many many years before I got him. He is frisky and affectionate, is eating well and drinking and using the litterbox as normal. Discovering cancer means a death sentence. I will not take my cat's life, unless he is truly suffering. If that bleeding was from cancer and it was never going to be fixed, I might not have come home with Siete today. As much as I absolutely LOVE Siete, I love him too much to allow him to suffer from that sort of fate.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Animals tend to "smell a vet" on other animals. They usually get over it in a few hours or days at worst.

I would say if it is cancerous, it is possible not much you can do, so I would probably not do a biopsy unless vet had solid plan of affordable action if one was done.

THIS. I was quoted from $1000 to $6000 for cancer therapy (the higher end included surgery). And I do not believe he has cancer. The vet wants me to find out, and I do not want to. Those masses were not bleeding. He was not experiencing any issues except the bleeding from the gums, so why do a biopsy ($260.00)? I have my frisky, lovable Siete back and he is no longer bleeding when he grooms, eats or whatever.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Most likely this...

This happens when I get Dante groomed too. He no longer smells like Dante. He smells more like Macy's. :) Both Siete and Fisher will give him the cold shoulder for about a day. I am going to change clothes and see if Fisher changes his tune. He is still hissing and growling at me. He will not take treats from me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:anim_19::joy::triumphant::cat:

I have my big boy back to normal! No more bleeding. Not a drop. Siete is grooming himself right now, no blood anywhere on his fur or in his mouth.. :) What. A. Relief.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Dude, I really and truly believed that my cat was dying before my eyes. Seriously. :( I guess that shows how much I love them? And I know it isnt fair, but Siete is my favorite cat of the three, by far. His personality is so engaging, everyone who sees or meets him loves him. Even dogs. :) (he raised a Yorkie). Things would not be the same for me without him. Im sure I would manage, but this cat has created an indelible chapter in my life. I am so glad to have him back to his old self. :) Suddenly, I am sleepy.....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This was it. I changed into the athletic shorts and socks I had on before getting dressed for the vet, and Fisher came right over. I feel so exhausted right now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Several hours later....Siete still awesomely free of the bleeding. Mouth looks good. His eyes are bright and he is energetic and showing happy tail. :) He keeps begging to go out, and I have taken him out three times already! I start a nap, then I wake up and check him for signs of blood. I suppose that will pass tonight. No blood at all, not a drop anywhere inside his mouth or on his fur. He has groomed it almost white again.

Well, back to my nap.....

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
sleeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp Sllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Crisis officially passed. :) Not a sign of blood, swelling or discomfort.