Can anybody help me here?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If he just ate he could have aggravated something in his mouth hence the renewed bleeding. How much blood is he losing?

maybe...20 drops per bleed? Enough to make a spot about 2 inches across. The coagulated blood must collect in his mouth first, then I get the clots. Just checked his mouth and gums, no blood. So, I tend to go with you guys saying that he has a cut or sore in his mouth which is causing the bleeding. Im checking on him every few minutes. I can see him from where I am typing this.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just keep in mind that he isn't in any obvious pain and that is a good sign.

He can tell I am fussing over him more than normal. He is allowing me to lift his lips, open his mouth and also clean his mouth with the washcloth.

I need a nap, but if I do that I could wake with blood all over the place.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
can you put him in the laundry or something with a pet bed and a litter box?

And is he exhibiting any of the signs of being in pain that those sites listed?

If not (and I know given your state you will be over-looking for them), then he is probably less fussed about it than you are :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He can tell I am fussing over him more than normal. He is allowing me to lift his lips, open his mouth and also clean his mouth with the washcloth.

I need a nap, but if I do that I could wake with blood all over the place.

He started grooming and then the blood started again. Definite connection.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
sounds like a tongue injury then, have a look at that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yes. But that blood will get everywhere and all over his fur by the morning. I can put him in the bathroom where there is food, water, a litter box. But I would never sleep.
--- merged: Aug 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM ---

He goes to the vet tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I think just doing anything with his mouth causes the bleeding. Could he have been poisoned?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From what??
Do you have poisons around the house he can get to?

No. But I did complain to the management about the noisy neighbors above me and they have been served a letter by the landlord. Siete comes to the window when called. He knows the neighbor's voice. His girlfriend would never do such a thing, but he might. Siete sleeping again, not much blood. I have been dabbing his lips and mouth with the cloth to wipe blood away. Moving his lips back show his mouth is clear.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

And is he exhibiting any of the signs of being in pain that those sites listed?

If not (and I know given your state you will be over-looking for them), then he is probably less fussed about it than you are :)

No, no pain. He does not flinch when I dab the area where I see the most blood on the right hand side. I am thinking more and more that this is a dental problem.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I would think if he -were- poisoned, his natural reaction would be to puke everywhere to try to clear his system.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Is he scratching a lot, like he may have flea's or something?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I would think if he -were- poisoned, his natural reaction would be to puke everywhere to try to clear his system.

All the sites say that (Wayfarin). I notice that the blood is definitely coming from the right upper rear of his mouth. I cannot see the sore or cut when there is no blood in his mouth, so it could be a tooth. I may have to cage him when I go to bed tonight, but that cage will be a bloody mess in the morning.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is he scratching a lot, like he may have flea's or something?

No, I just used the double row flea comb on him and I treat all three cats with Advantage II. So, he bleeds when he grooms and when he eats. Blood coming from right upper rear of the mouth. Tooth abscess? Bleeding sore? Not sure yet. He is resting, no blood running out of his mouth at the moment.

I really want to thank you guys deeply for responding to my concerns and this situation, I really do not have anyone I can consult. Sherry says this has never happened. None of the websites seem to describe EXACTLY what is going on. I find it interesting that the blood can obviously clot, but his mouth still bleeds?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Does his breath stink?
not normal skanky cat breath, but -really- stink

No. Not stomatitis. :) This has never happened before. Just started last night. But every time he grooms, the bleeding starts. Tongue looks clear.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
might be something lodged in his teeth then, did he eat anything that could potentially break off and stick inbetween his teeth or in his gum?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
might be something lodged in his teeth then, did he eat anything that could potentially break off and stick inbetween his teeth or in his gum?

Maybe. He is sleeping now, and when I check on him about every 10 minutes, he has blood tinged lips, but no puddle or clots or blood dripping out of his mouth. He seems to like that I am cleaning it off.

He wants to hide in the kitchen cabinet. I can pull him out, but should I let him chill in there? He will definitely groom and probably bleed and I cannot see him. Should I allow it?

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
like a good servant :)

I don't think there is much more you can do until tomorrow dude, get some sleep :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
like a good servant :)

I don't think there is much more you can do until tomorrow dude, get some sleep :)

So...let him chill (and bleed) in the cabinet?