Can anybody help me here?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You have to make a decision based on your gut here. If you feel there is danger go to the ER and eat the bill. If not keep him clean and hit the vet tomorrow. It's really going to come down to how you are feeling about what you are seeing.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You have to make a decision based on your gut here. If you feel there is danger go to the ER and eat the bill. If not keep him clean and hit the vet tomorrow. It's really going to come down to how you are feeling about what you are seeing.
That's what she said................

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That really sucks OM1 . I hope you get your poor little kitty sorted out . Sounds like a trip to the vets asp .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

My gut tells me to wait till I can get to my regular vet instead of paying 5 times more to get him in tonight. The issue is bleeding from his gums. I used JustAnswer to chat with a vet and he thought that a tooth was the culprit (explaining why I cannot find a cut or sore). This means an extraction, most likely. Like your dog. I have no idea how much that will cost, but I will have to pay it.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is where I feel spoiled with a 24 hour animal hospital close by that charges the same no matter the time of day. I use them to board my dog when I am traveling because it also means the kennel section is staffed 24/7.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is where I feel spoiled with a 24 hour animal hospital close by that charges the same no matter the time of day. I use them to board my dog when I am traveling because it also means the kennel section is staffed 24/7.

Our 24/hour hospital does that...they charge EVERYBODY five times as much, not just me! :anim_59:

The online vet at JustAnswer said that although the bloody mess in his mouth looks horrible, it is not life threatening. Right now, not bleeding. I can see him from where I am right now. I combed him a bit, fed him some wet food, watched him drink water and use the litterbox and jump on his favorite spots, so perhaps I am just being a worrywort. Even if I take a nap and Siete bleeds, he will still be alive when I wake up which is all I care about. He just needs to make it until tomorrow. I have no idea what it will cost.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Been napping....

I have napped for about 4 hours, and I go to check on Siete and he was still sitting on the stool where he was when I went to sleep. No sign of blood where he was laying, and I have just watched him as he cleans his bloody fur and there is no blood. He has been grooming for about 5 minutes, and no blood. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Spoke too soon...after a few minutes of intense grooming, I saw some blood. I just wiped some away from his mouth But it is nowhere near what it was today.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I could be wrong but this sounds more and more like a tooth. The starting and stopping blood is typical for example.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He goes in the morning. The clots must be forming to close the bleeding tooth, but they are not working because he licks his chops and grooms. right now, he is not grooming or eating like he was a few minutes ago, bleeding has stopped. I agree with you guys...it has to be a tooth.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
did you get a sleep in?

4 hours. Siete chilling on my wooden coffee table, not bleeding. Im gonna sleep on my couch which is in front of the coffee table. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
he's prolly playing with you at this point :lol:

He just threw up coagulated blood (prolly that which he has been swallowing from the tooth). He keeps trying to hide. Vet said not to allow it, and to keep an eye on him until I can get him in the vet. That means another sleepless night! Why is it my mind goes from "This is not as bad as it looks" to "He is gonna die on me, and I have mistaken what is wrong"? Vet opens at 8am.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Siete is in my closet (I can easily see him and get to him). He is not bleeding, but if he grooms he will. Cat cage is ready for vet visit in the morning. The other two cats sense my worry, and Fisher already knows something is wrong with Siete. He hissed at the blood spot. I am so worried he will not make it through the night I cant sleep. Im gonna make coffee...it's 3am

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'll hang here with you brother

You jump because he is one of your babies, I know the feeling all too well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll hang here with you brother

You jump because he is one of your babies, I know the feeling all too well.

I will never forget this GF. :) I pulled him out of my closet and put him on my bed where I can see and touch him and inspect his mouth. No bleeding. I was not surprised he vomited up that blood. It was about a tablespoonful, dark red and partially coagulated. Obviously swallowed from the bleeding mouth. The cage is open and ready for the morning. I have committed to this cat, even if the vet finds that he has oral cancer (possibility) and I am forced to put him down. :( I love this cat more than any cat I have owned. He is the reason I rescued Dante and Fisher and why I own cats today.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
All good dude :)
You should try to put something on to distract you from the time to an extent. You are commited for a few more hours, and fretting will help neither of you at this point. put him on your lap, and watch something funny for a bit.

You "owe" me nothing, but I appreciate the thought.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All good dude :)
You should try to put something on to distract you from the time to an extent. You are commited for a few more hours, and fretting will help neither of you at this point. put him on your lap, and watch something funny for a bit.

You "owe" me nothing, but I appreciate the thought.

That is the point...you don't owe ME anything either, no comfort, no advice...yet here you are. :) My best buddy hates cats. My neighbors do not have them. And even my brother would not be able to cheer me up during this. But there you are. No homo!

He is noticeably lethargic (maybe just sleepy! Its 4:30am!). Prolly a bit anemic right now. I have done research about this, and I believe they have th anesthetize the cat to do the dental work. I will request gas only, IV fluids during the procedure, no Metacam (I have given this to Siete before for his tail injury, but everyone says to avoid regular use).