Breaking Bad

B

Backstep

WTF was that last episode?

Everything was fine until Walt turns into a pussy at the last second and kidnaps his baby? And what the hell is he doing rambling on threats and spilling the beans to his wife over the phone??

I understand the writers want to write a conclusion fitting the main character but they turned him from an intelligent, highly cautious individual into a c*nt. Of all the ways he can go down, that one was the absolute dumbest. They completely ignored his character.

IMO Walt took the baby to keep some sort of 'his family'. When the baby kept saying momma momma he knew it was over.

Walt had to know the police were listening in, what he said on the phone was an attempt to make his wife look innocent and it was solely him running the business.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
IMO Walt took the baby to keep some sort of 'his family'. When the baby kept saying momma momma he knew it was over.

Walt had to know the police were listening in, what he said on the phone was an attempt to make his wife look innocent and it was solely him running the business.

We'll see next episode but I hope you're right. I can't believe he went through all he did to leave his family secure just to turn into a pussy at the end. Walt was all about protecting his family. There is no way he could ever think the baby would be better off with him.

Oh, and the son calling the cops? Also completely out of character, especially given the fact he saw his mom wielding the knife against him and all he did was take it away.

B

Backstep

We'll see next episode but I hope you're right. I can't believe he went through all he did to leave his family secure just to turn into a pussy at the end. Walt was all about protecting his family. There is no way he could ever think the baby would be better off with him.

Oh, and the son calling the cops? Also completely out of character, especially given the fact he saw his mom wielding the knife against him and all he did was take it away.

Walt JR just heard his father may have killed his Uncle, he said "my father attacked my mother and may have killed someone else" to the 911 operator.

I agree, I hope Walt doesn't wimp out and fizzle in the end. Or worse a *Lost* style ending.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WTF was that last episode?

Everything was fine until Walt turns into a pussy at the last second and kidnaps his baby? And what the hell is he doing rambling on threats and spilling the beans to his wife over the phone??

I understand the writers want to write a conclusion fitting the main character but they turned him from an intelligent, highly cautious individual into a c*nt. Of all the ways he can go down, that one was the absolute dumbest. They completely ignored his character.

I am smelling a "Every one dies by M60 blast and then Walt takes the ricin cap" ending.

Which, in comparison to the rest of the series, would be a huge writer cop out and a great disappointment.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Garbage!!!!

M60's do not kill. Are you retarded or what??

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Garbage!!!!

M60's do not kill. Are you retarded or what??

let me repost (perhaps the word "by" is not used as a verb in Australia :rolleye0014:?)

"I am smelling a "Every one dies by the way of a M60 blast and then Walt takes the ricin cap" ending.

Which, in comparison to the rest of the series, would be a huge writer cop out and a great disappointment."

:shep_wave2: better?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, seems the Schwartz's helped Walt get his mojo back. IMO he has hated them for 20 rs or so now, they are his primary object of hate for what they did to him.

Maybe the m60 will be used on them. Can't see how he gets close enough to use the ricin on them.

And can Pinkman be any more lame? He had to know that the skinheads had surveillance and fences. You think they would have had him plan a bit better.

I think his only hope is o make a move in the lab-maybe some phosgene gas?

Bluce Ree

Well, seems the Schwartz's helped Walt get his mojo back. IMO he has hated them for 20 rs or so now, they are his primary object of hate for what they did to him.

Maybe the m60 will be used on them. Can't see how he gets close enough to use the ricin on them.

And can Pinkman be any more lame? He had to know that the skinheads had surveillance and fences. You think they would have had him plan a bit better.

I think his only hope is o make a move in the lab-maybe some phosgene gas?

Well - in all fairness - Pinkman isn't thinking straight and his motivation - or primary urge, if you will - is to run for his life. He can't plan much from the bottom of a hole and, the moment he unlatched the trap door, he ran.

I think - and it's just my opinion - that he will shoot the Schwartzes and take the ricin himself.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well - in all fairness - Pinkman isn't thinking straight and his motivation - or primary urge, if you will - is to run for his life. He can't plan much from the bottom of a hole and, the moment he unlatched the trap door, he ran.

I think - and it's just my opinion - that he will shoot the Schwartzes and take the ricin himself.

After last week, I figured that Walt was going to take out the nazi dudes then take the ricin after finding a way of vindicating Skylar and getting some money to her.

Now I think that yes, he will kill the Schwartzes and still do the other stuff for his family, but I am thinking somehow Jessie will manage to kill the nazi fags.

After his failed escape and the execution of Andrea(?), I think that was just to make us think "total desperation". But with Todd luring Lydia in, I am thinking a scene where Lydia and the nazis are all in the lab and somehow Jessie will take them out.

I can't be sure why, but I am thinking the only ones who come out alive are Skylar, Walt jr, the baby of course, and Jessie-all of the unwilling participants.

I am guessing Marie kills herself.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Nice finale to the series. :)

Bluce Ree

I thought Walt went out the way he should. Tied up all loose ends, protecting his family and giving Jesse a 2nd chance. It was basically a blaze of glory.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

B

Backstep

I thought Walt went out the way he should. Tied up all loose ends, protecting his family and giving Jesse a 2nd chance. It was basically a blaze of glory.

I disagree with the last sentence, the writers had Gus go out in style, Mike went out in style and Hank went out in style. Walt went out like a fart on the breeze.

[spoilers]If Walt had looked around the lab and had an Epiphany, this took my family from me, ruined what was the rest of my life moment. Then as we see the police coming in the back ground, Walt blows up the lab[/spoilers]

That would have Walt going out in style.

Bluce Ree

I disagree with the last sentence, the writers had Gus go out in style, Mike went out in style and Hank went out in style. Walt went out like a fart on the breeze.

[spoilers]If Walt had looked around the lab and had an Epiphany, this took my family from me, ruined what was the rest of my life moment. Then as we see the police coming in the back ground, Walt blows up the lab[/spoilers]

That's a bit of a cliche ending.

He took responsibility for his actions. Blaming a chemistry set for what he did would have been one more denial on his part. He even admitted to his wife that what he did was for himself because he liked it, even though the end game was to benefit his family.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
LAME! rest in in AGONY breaking bad!

and WTF was that "go to AMC to thank us for allwoing you to Watch half an hour of comercials and overly drawn out slow camerapan scenes were no one says anything for 15minutes" at the end?? am i suposed to go on their fucking site and say thank you?? Christ.. they shouldve been thanking the audience not the other way round.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Walt went out like a "fart in the breeze"-yes. It is fitting for him because he WAS a fart in the breeze. He was a fast bright light that burned out quick. He was an anomaly to the cliche of the drug dealer/manufacturer and an upstart to the meth cartel that could have never lasted.

If not the aryans, then the Mexicans would have been back.

Blowing himself up and the lab has all been done before in other shows and movies.

I thought the method he used for getting the money to his family was original-a thought out plan worthy of a man of his intelligence

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Walt went out like a "fart in the breeze"-yes. It is fitting for him because he WAS a fart in the breeze. He was a fast bright light that burned out quick. He was an anomaly to the cliche of the drug dealer/manufacturer and an upstart to the meth cartel that could have never lasted.

If not the aryans, then the Mexicans would have been back.

Blowing himself up and the lab has all been done before in other shows and movies.

I thought the method he used for getting the money to his family was original-a thought out plan worthy of a man of his intelligence

:facepalm: I had my Anniversary lunch today at work and everybody was talking about Breaking Bad. I had nothing to say about it, and when I said "I stopped watching midway through the first season", there was a moment of silence. I guess it was that tail I suddenly grew! OMG. Now, I feel obligated to marathon it just to be able to talk about it.

EDIT:

Also, I think it is VERY okay not to like seeing violence, rapes and drugs on TV. I do not feel much except peer pressure when it comes to this and to S.O.A. I totally get it that these shows are extremely popular with their audiences, and I get it that it is "gritty". But I just have no interest in motorcycles, prisons, gangs, rapes, murders, drugs, etc. Whether in drama or in real life, these are things and activities I have no curiosity about or interest in. So, its okay not to watch them if you dont want to.

Having said that, I felt really out of the loop when the subject of Breaking Bad came up. But I dont think I will do a marathon, and I will stick to my guns and stand on the reason of "I didnt find the show appealing" schtick. :)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:facepalm: I had my Anniversary lunch today at work and everybody was talking about Breaking Bad. I had nothing to say about it, and when I said "I stopped watching midway through the first season", there was a moment of silence. I guess it was that tail I suddenly grew! OMG. Now, I feel obligated to marathon it just to be able to talk about it.

EDIT:

Also, I think it is VERY okay not to like seeing violence, rapes and drugs on TV. I do not feel much except peer pressure when it comes to this and to S.O.A. I totally get it that these shows are extremely popular with their audiences, and I get it that it is "gritty". But I just have no interest in motorcycles, prisons, gangs, rapes, murders, drugs, etc. Whether in drama or in real life, these are things and activities I have no curiosity about or interest in. So, its okay not to watch them if you dont want to.

Having said that, I felt really out of the loop when the subject of Breaking Bad came up. But I dont think I will do a marathon, and I will stick to my guns and stand on the reason of "I didnt find the show appealing" schtick. :)

Yeah, but you shouldn't watch BB for the violence and drugs (I no nothing about SOA except Pearlman is in it, and his best work was Quest For Fire-he should have stopped there)

IMO-and I think others-the drug production and the violence are essential plot mechanics of the show. Each drug sale or "cook" shown and every violent act serves a distinct purpose. It is not like say, Oh, the New Dredd where the violence is all just for the sake of showing the violence.

BB has a good, honest well written drama, with what I think is a display of some everyday "Oh shit" comedy. And the ending and the "road" to it shows the morale that being a drug kingpin does not pay. It is also-as Gilligan portrays it-a very unsustainable way of life. If anything, the show does not "glamorize" drug selling, but shows just how much of an option IT IS NOT.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, but you shouldn't watch BB for the violence and drugs (I no nothing about SOA except Pearlman is in it, and his best work was Quest For Fire-he should have stopped there)

IMO-and I think others-the drug production and the violence are essential plot mechanics of the show. Each drug sale or "cook" shown and every violent act serves a distinct purpose. It is not like say, Oh, the New Dredd where the violence is all just for the sake of showing the violence.

BB has a good, honest well written drama, with what I think is a display of some everyday "Oh shit" comedy. And the ending and the "road" to it shows the morale that being a drug kingpin does not pay. It is also-as Gilligan portrays it-a very unsustainable way of life. If anything, the show does not "glamorize" drug selling, but shows just how much of an option IT IS NOT.

Good points. I also am reminded of another movie I walked out on (should include it in the thread about that) called American Gangster with Denzel Washington. At the point when his character doused a guy with gasoline and set him on fire and then shot him to death, I walked out. Im not sure any actor or any story which involves the goings-on of gangsters, prisons, mobsterism or heavy drug themes is ever going to appeal to me. It shows something completely out of my experience and I just cant get into it. I include in this, anything which has the character Hannibal Lechter in it. All of the Saw movies, and Hostel movies. Psychotic acts just dont qualify as entertainment to me. :(

Bluce Ree

EDIT:

You've nearly eliminated all good TV shows with your list of "I don't wanna".

Sons of Anarchy isn't a motorcycle show. Breaking Bad isn't a drug show. You're missing out on some really deep, underlying storytelling because you have a prejudiced against the subject matter, which is just one aspect of the show.

Sons, for example, isn't about riding bikes. In fact, they spend less time on their bikes than real bikers.

Breaking Bad isn't about the drug trade per se. It's about a dying man's desperate attempt to leave something for his family and how a simple high school chemistry teacher rises to legendary status by the seat of his pants as he sinks deeper into the life. We actually spend more time seeing Walt's brilliance than watching him cook meth. The man is a MacGyver at problem solving with a touch of Scarface-wannabe syndrome.