Breaking Bad

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Oh SHIT! Epic season 4 finale!

​Now I have to find season 5.0 on demand. Comcast only has episode 8, though. I'll renew my Hulu+ account and catch them there.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
yup yup a true "face off" moment eh? :P be warned tho s5 will be quite dissapointing after the ride youve just had going thrugh s1-4

Bluce Ree

yup yup a true "face off" moment eh? :P be warned tho s5 will be quite dissapointing after the ride youve just had going thrugh s1-4

I started watching the first ep of S5. So far, it's not too bad. I look at this show and, IMO, it still has years of good story telling left. There's lots of room for Walt to keep climbing and grow his empire, eventually becoming a true kingpin. The only thing that would be a stretch is how you'd convince the viewers that Hank hasn't caught on after 7 or 8 seasons, unless he either becomes reluctantly tolerant of Walt because of family ties or he leaves the show by death or transfer.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
http://collider.com/breaking-bad-spin-off-saul/

"The considered spin off would star Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), and series creator Vince Gilligan would be on board to create this new Saul-centered world, which could be a half-hour comedy. Hit the jump for more possibilities.
The notion of a Saul spin-off isn’t entirely new, as Gilligan previously talked about the idea last summer, but this is the first we’ve heard of AMC seriously considering the potential series. While I absolutely love the sleazy but pretty criminally brilliant Saul (“Better Call Saul!”), his character has gone (thanks to Walt) some dark places in recent seasons. He’s great for comic relief when it comes to the rest of this sometimes very heavy show, but I’m not sure if, removed from Walt and Jesse and those entanglements, he could really be sustained. Would be show be a revolving door of his wacky clients?"

I'd watch it, the writers on Breaking Bad really know how to sucker you into each of the characters and their plights. I mean, with Jesse, there are seasons where you just absolutely hated him, then seasons where you root for him all the way. I could see a similar thing happening with the Saul character.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I like Saul, but I don't think he can carry a show by himself.

OMNI

I had thought the same of Bryan Cranston but he was able to masterfully carry this show and keep me glued to the set.
+1
--- merged: Apr 11, 2013 at 7:14 AM ---
i still saw him as malcolmbs dad but he def proved he was an actor in breaking bad.

Bluce Ree

So, is Walter going out with a big bang or will he fizzle out as a nobody? Will Paul Blart get him or will he still be a few steps behind but ultimately never figure it out?

Bluce Ree

WTF WAS THAT?!? I just watched season 5.1. What the hell was the point of that entire season? They could have put the entire 8 episodes into a single 1 hour episode. I hope the second half isn't going to be as shit. I can't believe they pissed away 4 seasons of great story telling with 8 episodes of slow flowing shit.

OMNI

WTF WAS THAT?!? I just watched season 5.1. What the hell was the point of that entire season? They could have put the entire 8 episodes into a single 1 hour episode. I hope the second half isn't going to be as shit. I can't believe they pissed away 4 seasons of great story telling with 8 episodes of slow flowing shit.
told ya bro, it wuz turrible!
--- merged: Jul 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM ---
imo Gus fraines ie s4 was the best season sofar this drivel called s5... i prefer just to ignore it and Think that s4 finale was the series finale..

SciphonicStranger

I thought someone might be posting here now that Heisenberg has finally returned to our TVs. :P

OMNI

everybody knows..

ep was decent series still seems plagued by those horrible slow moments of Epic camera pans and Heavy emotional attempts but ive stuck in there for this long so ill watch the end

Bluce Ree

I liked the fact they didn't drag on the "Does he know? Does he not know?" thing with Hank. I think Walt could have played it cooler, though, rather than thinly veil a threat. He has absolutely nothing on him except that book, which is circumstantial at best.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Just started watching on netflix.

Wanted to wait until the show was almost done before I started. Then I can watch as fast or slow as I want-no long between season breaks. (Another reason I like to watch the occasional Korean TV historical dramas-all KTV goes straight through start to finish in one big season whether it is 26 or 125 eps, 2 eps a week)

So I only watched liked season 1 of WEEDS, to me BB is like WEEDS-DARK, and really funny in a dark comic sort of way.

I also think it is a far better show then WEEDS.

In the middle of S2 now, where Jessie made it out of the Meth heads house after the woman crushed her mans head with the ATM-EPIC!

SciphonicStranger

Just started watching on netflix.

Wanted to wait until the show was almost done before I started. Then I can watch as fast or slow as I want-no long between season breaks. (Another reason I like to watch the occasional Korean TV historical dramas-all KTV goes straight through start to finish in one big season whether it is 26 or 125 eps, 2 eps a week)

So I only watched liked season 1 of WEEDS, to me BB is like WEEDS-DARK, and really funny in a dark comic sort of way.

I also think it is a far better show then WEEDS.

In the middle of S2 now, where Jessie made it out of the Meth heads house after the woman crushed her mans head with the ATM-EPIC!

That scene was a classic! :)

Bluce Ree

WTF was that last episode?

Everything was fine until Walt turns into a pussy at the last second and kidnaps his baby? And what the hell is he doing rambling on threats and spilling the beans to his wife over the phone??

I understand the writers want to write a conclusion fitting the main character but they turned him from an intelligent, highly cautious individual into a c*nt. Of all the ways he can go down, that one was the absolute dumbest. They completely ignored his character.