Blood And Chrome Watch and Discussion Thread

G

Graybrew1

It isn't and we've seen that, so, it's a moot point.

Without instruments in space the pilot is as good as dead unless his colleagues can locate and go to him/her. They're in space. A view port is a convenience, not a means to survival. You will never be able to navigate, or even fight, without instruments to guide you. It's not like flying a CESSNA over the Florida Keys in daylight. You're in space.

I guess he could not respond to this himself. I won't bother responding to his anymore.

Again, that was a virtual test.

If you watched all of NuBSG you would see several times that they manage to survive and get back to Galatica. The only exception was Starbuck. This is all about the NuBSG universe canon.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Just in the middle of ep #1. Not bad for a web series. One beef, though. Transparent aluminum is a reality today. Why would they be using glass view ports?

I really wish they'd shitcan the shaky cam, though. It was a cool fad when they first did it in the BSG remake pilot but it really wears thin fast for me.

Except for the shaky cam, loved it so far!
agree!

and cool! for a webbseries budget they did pull it off and the acting wasnt terrible as it usually is in these webseries. the colors still piss me off tho all pink purble blue yellow yuck :P

OMNI

Too bad Syfy forms are still down. I will send a PM to Yong when they come back up. He will get a kick out of this thread. I would love to get his viewpoint on this since he is huge huge fan of all things BSG.
what for? so we can get a stupid fanboi perspective? and some one to back you up for no reason but to perpetuate this ditzy argument you have going?

:facepalm:

OMNI

Sigh.................I disagree.

Why(bolded parts) because you deem that so?? These comments are opinions. They do have a "neat" and "cool" retro mix with future-tech, but they don't have to have ALL our tech. I don't see any ipods or microwaves either. They do come from a completely different planet. Let's go back to Caprica. They had cooler stuff holo-bands and robots as butlers, but how do they make their microwave popcorn? :tongue-new: They are also during wartime and have been for 10 years too, that Transparent aluminum might not be readily available due to shortages because of the war.

OTOH, Who is to say by the way that their glass is not far superior to ours? Just because it looks the same does not mean it is.

The NuBSG universe is a mix of Us and Them. They believe in Gods not God. They are very ritualistic, which is something that is more attributed to less developed races. B&C is during a time when they started to devolve and no longer the uber tech advanced people that they once were on Caprica, by the time NuBSG happens you will never see half the tech they had on Caprica.
what part of your ass did you pull this from? this has NEVER been stated or hinted towards in the shows or canon.

a more plossible REASON they had more puter sceens and shit on caprica AND on galactica at the time of B&C is that they still use networked computers and cylon firwall/viruses has only now (B&C) gotten to the point were this is a real issue, this is just specualtion but to me it makes sence seeing as they were so shocked to see the archeron blow to shit so easily, i suspect that this issue is what the pilot deals with at its core.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
agree!

and cool! for a webbseries budget they did pull it off and the acting wasnt terrible as it usually is in these webseries. the colors still piss me off tho all pink purble blue yellow yuck :P

I am amazed at the quality of this web series. The acting was not bad at all. Except for some minor details I mentioned above, I am hooked on this series and we're only 2 episodes in!

OMNI

I am amazed at the quality of this web series. The acting was not bad at all. Except for some minor details I mentioned above, I am hooked on this series and we're only 2 episodes in!

aye same i def need to see what comes next.

btw Check out forward Unto dawn bro its equally well produced for a made for webb (short/movie) its halo but it doesnt requre you to know any backstory or having to have played the games, well worth the watch and guess what? Dupod is in that too :rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

btw Check out forward Unto dawn bro its equally well produced for a made for webb (short/movie) its halo but it doesnt requre you to know any backstory or having to have played the games, well worth the watch and guess what? Dupod is in that too :rolleyes:

That dude shoves himself into every high quality, low budget scifi production, it seems. :D

OMNI

That dude shoves himself into every high quality, low budget scifi production, it seems. :D
yup, almost to the point were it starts pissing you off eh? anyway its def worth the watch and all 5 episodes of it are up and available to the neat lil thread i created :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

He is made of jello, so its easy for him. Squish squish squish!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Okay, gonna watch this now. :) I watched episode 1.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This would make a GREAT full length series!

WOW...Im suddenly hooked! I was just "meh" before they made it to the debris field. The new hot chick they have introduced first made me roll my eyes (after checking out her awesome body and enhanced chest area, which they intended). What I do like is that she is a software engineer soldier and not an implausible recon/elite forces/expert marksman like they seem to want to do most of the time. I did not like the cocky Adama in the first episode at all. Wanted to turn the frakking show off, even if just a 10min webisode. But this episode hooked me, and it did that in the last 10 min. Amazing! The effects in this show are awesome. :) Cant wait until the next!

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Too bad Syfy forms are still down. I will send a PM to Yong when they come back up. He will get a kick out of this thread. I would love to get his viewpoint on this since he is huge huge fan of all things BSG.

Even though Craig Engler says that the forums over on Syfy will be back I don't know about that. The Boards over at Syfy in the UK went black some time in September when they first started to televise "Continuum".

OMNI

WOW...Im suddenly hooked! I was just "meh" before they made it to the debris field. The new hot chick they have introduced first made me roll my eyes (after checking out her awesome body and enhanced chest area, which they intended). What I do like is that she is a software engineer soldier and not an implausible recon/elite forces/expert marksman like they seem to want to do most of the time. I did not like the cocky Adama in the first episode at all. Wanted to turn the frakking show off, even if just a 10min webisode. But this episode hooked me, and it did that in the last 10 min. Amazing! The effects in this show are awesome. :) Cant wait until the next!
good to hear!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Even though Craig Engler says that the forums over on Syfy will be back I don't know about that. The Boards over at Syfy in the UK went black some time in September when they first started to televise "Continuum".

SEPTEMBER? Wow...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
good to hear!

What has changed? I now like the Adama kid. IU like the introduction of the hot chick (cant think of her name). LOVE the visuals. Realistic like SGU, but with a better story to make the visuals more impactful. I like the way they are keeping the overall story incomplete. Makes it less predictabe and more like an adventure. I like this!