American non(science)sense

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I suppose it's time for it to go green again. I wonder if any humans were there for the disaster it was when the continent froze over in the first place? All that dry land, forests and the animals we now know lived there all died.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The only way to "recover" from it is to accommodate it. Start preparing for the rising sea levels, develop stronger sunscreen, find ways to make use of the warmer temperatures, etc. It cannot be stopped or reversed. Nothing is wrong with the climate, it is changing like it has been doing for millions of years. We need to start accepting that.
Eventually we might have to actually live under water.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Climate change is normal, not stoppable, and not caused by Man. Any and all entities claiming that giving them money or allowing them to "certify" the products or practices of others (for a fee) in the name of "Climate Change" are crooks and liars.

If you ask any of the so-called "deniers", rarely will any of them say they do not believe in climate change. Every time it rains or there is fog, or there are heat waves or bouts of cold, or even just a plain beautiful day, that is proof of climate change. Climate change IS real. What is not real is that Man is causing it, or that it can be stopped somehow. Climate change is a normal, cyclic thing that happens on earth. We have the empirical proof in the sediments, ice cores, and rings of trees. We have sea creature fossils in the deserts and at the tops of the tallest mountains. We have proof that thick coniferous forests covered Antarctica. We know that many areas of the earth which are deserts today were forests or grasslands of the past, and in some cases, where there was desert, there is now grassland.

Climate change IS real. Manmade climate change is NOT real, and NO we cannot stop or slow it nor should we. And especially don't try and cash in on it like these Global Warners are trying to do.
Did you bother to watch the video I posted? They check the carbon isotopes in the air and compare it to the samples from the bottom. You are right, that the planet will be here when the climate changes, but we are not with the way things are going. I actually give a shit about being alive not just the other species on the planet. The other species will survive, but we won't.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you bother to watch the video I posted? They check the carbon isotopes in the air and compare it to the samples from the bottom. You are right, that the planet will be here when the climate changes, but we are not with the way things are going. I actually give a shit about being alive not just the other species on the planet. The other species will survive, but we won't.

If you have any question on whether or not I believe in Climate Change, the answer is a resounding YES! My issue is with those who think Man is either accelerating, influencing, changing, speeding up or doing anything at all which has a GLOBAL impact. It just is not true, and nothing we can do will stop it. So, there should not be people making money on the promise of stopping climate change, making it go slower or reversing it. Governments want to tax people for contributing to something they have no control over. That is like charging people for air because they will "breathe it all".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you have any question on whether or not I believe in Climate Change, the answer is a resounding YES!

exactly

although i think that man's activities may be aiding to the natural progress some, I just cannot agree with those who blame man for it all

just ridiculous. they act as if we are some alien life form here when we are but another part of nature and the planet

"saving the planet" is a ridiculous moniker--the planet will be just fine although things may get different for us. but we will adapt,adjust and master the new environment like we always have

if nature/universe/ sky guy queen gaia, etc no longer wants us here, nature is perfectly capable of doing that far more efficiently then it is now.

and AGAIN FFS!! Man would not exist today (certainly NOT in the form we are) if it were not for past periods of Global Warming

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
right, but at one time, it had virtually no ice
And that time may come again soon. Possibly within our lifetimes. I'm not saying it is caused by man, neither am I saying it would or wouldn't have happened if man had not existed. I just came across that and felt it might be relevant to the people having this discussion here. Didn't even read the article myself.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And that time may come again soon. Possibly within our lifetimes. I'm not saying it is caused by man, neither am I saying it would or wouldn't have happened if man had not existed. I just came across that and felt it might be relevant to the people having this discussion here. Didn't even read the article myself.

:)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I suppose it's time for it to go green again. I wonder if any humans were there for the disaster it was when the continent froze over in the first place? All that dry land, forests and the animals we now know lived there all died.

can you imagine the fossil finds when the ice gets thin enough?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
can you imagine the fossil finds when the ice gets thin enough?

YES! And there may be more than just fossils underneath that ice. ;) :smiley-money-mouth:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
YES! And there may be more than just fossils underneath that ice. ;) :smiley-money-mouth:
Like ancient virusses (viri?) for which the human immune system has no built-up protection and can reduce the world's population to nothing leaving only people who coincidentally turn out to have certain mutant genes making them resistant.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Like ancient virusses (viri?) for which the human immune system has no built-up protection and can reduce the world's population to nothing leaving only people who coincidentally turn out to have certain mutant genes making them resistant.

Hmmm...hadn't thought about that, but that is also entirely possible. We already know that there were coniferous forests there, so that would mean that it was green at least in the Paleozoic era. According to archaeologists, the Antarctic iced over only 34 million years ago. That means that humans could have populated it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm...hadn't thought about that, but that is also entirely possible. We already know that there were coniferous forests there, so that would mean that it was green at least in the Paleozoic era. According to archaeologists, the Antarctic iced over only 34 million years ago. That means that humans could have populated it.

those would have been "humans" of the pre neanderthal type--the 'great apes' hadn't even evolved yet by then

our predecessors were about 15-20 million yrs ago

of course, that leaves plenty of room for some Centaurians or Orions or Rigellians...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
those would have been "humans" of the pre neanderthal type--the 'great apes' hadn't even evolved yet by then

our predecessors were about 15-20 million yrs ago

of course, that leaves plenty of room for some Centaurians or Orions or Rigellians...

Yep, my bad. Homo Sapiens is only about 2 million years old.