American non(science)sense

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Recently i rewatched the "V" miniseries-- remember how the aliens said that scientists and companies were hiding cures from the people...reminds me of some loonies I see running around now! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Recently i rewatched the "V" miniseries-- remember how the aliens said that scientists and companies were hiding cures from the people...reminds me of some loonies I see running around now! ;)

Oh wow, so did I! I rewatched the original series along with it's movies and the original Diana, then I watched the new one after that. :) The first one was actually not bad! It was successful enough to carry two seasons of a TV series, and give us a couple of movies too. I loved the way it was written for the late 1970s/early 1980s. They played the Star Wars theme in episode 1 of the original TV series when the Visitors first came. Star Wars had come out before this show did. Great rewatch material!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I want to believe that this is someone who is just being "clever", but sadly, I fear I have my hopes set too high :(

lifebuzz-59f3667d1fe4ad7dadfd48e726fd1673-limit_2000.jpg
and many more !!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
right, i just didn't know if what towards the content of the link i posted or my post :)

The content of the link, not your post!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I want to believe that this is someone who is just being "clever", but sadly, I fear I have my hopes set too high :(

lifebuzz-59f3667d1fe4ad7dadfd48e726fd1673-limit_2000.jpg
and many more !!!!!

The stats from that video:

dumbvideo.png

Hahahahahaha

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this is obviously not just an american issue, though I would venture to guess that many adherents to the 'theory' are americans

but how is this even a thing?!

I mean thinking that the Devil's Tower in Wyoming (s dakota?) and other geological features like it (mesas,etc) are not odd looking rock formations but instead are cut tree stumps that have been petrified!!!!

it seems to be a "belief(not the quotation marks on this!) of several groups of ppl though they are not exclusive of one another

for the videos i have watched these groups seem to range for young earth born again christians, flat earthers, secular conspiracy theorists, ancient alien theory adherents and probably a few others i missed!!

I just want to know what was the size of the chainsaw

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Intriguing idea about these giant trees.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and just how in hell can this still be a thing?!! FLAT EARTH!!!

i guess these old and insane 'doubts' are only re-fired and spread because of how easy it is to look like an expert with the internet?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
these flat earth idiots also believe the sun is only 4000 miles from earth!!!

they also seriously believe that if you google map a view of the earth from space you will find cut and paste clouds and colored in oceans and terrain features and other BULLSHIT ideas!!!

as if NASA and whomever else is constantly monitoring the internet and every time someone goes onto google earth and gets a real time image then somehow, nasa is colluding with the ISP's and whomever else to somehow delay your view and quickly check out what part of earth you are looking at then 'cut and paste' clouds, of photo shop terrain, or color the ocean!!!! you have to be a certain type of psycho to believe or even conceive of this stuff!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and this fucko is just very demented, yet so calm in his demeanor and presentation it is disturbing

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
well, these flat earther nutcases really have me twisted up!!!

but i have gleaned more info on them!

seems many are european, this "thing" tends to be a belief among european evangelicals

<<i am guessing that correlation-ally that these idiots are also drop outs from europe's mostly excellent system of education as well! >>

more learned- that one of their physical methods of "proof" is to "test" with lasers

ok, one view of this "experiment" and the equipment used showed me as a surveyor with many yrs of field experience, that their methods are freaking laughable

we used a laser surveying device (NOT a targeting laser designator like forward observers use) with a survey grade scope and laser mounted on a tripod and vertically plumb and leveled

at the measured end, another tripod is set up with a reflector mounted

this is accurate and will produce results with a computed accuracy to the thousandths of a meter.

not "eyeballed" based on persepctive or a home made laser aimed at a guy on a BOAT(!!!) out on a lake with swells (!!!!)
---------------------

well, at least there are some 'non celebrity' types out there making videos detailing just how and why this morons are wrong in both premise and 'results' on all accounts

funny too: