12 Monkeys on SYFY

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
there will be success and changes

with cole in 2017- is that when he was in Chechnya?

Yeah. Kat killed Jonathan, and I guess she is going to steal the other core? I have not watched the next episode 10 yet. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am West Coaster all the way. Not living close to the coast, but there is taxis available if I get the itch.

Are you in California like me? I was born and raised in California. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Are you in California like me? I was born and raised in California. :)

Just because all West Coasters are smart, intelligent, good looking, etc, etc, compared to the riff-raff East Coasters. I will freely admit that my West Coast ends around the 49th parrellel.

Spelling be damned.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah, ok...you are a Canadian. :) I love Canadians and Canada, and I am seriously SERIOUSLY thinking of moving there.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show has become more interesting later on in season 1. I downloaded all of season 2 available, and will be binging on those tonight. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 2 is WAY better than season 1. They focused the story and they have the whole 12 Monkeys vibe down pat. This show is unique in the sense that they can literally cnage the entire thing around in a single episode. In episode 2, the timeline has changed with Cassie in the future with Jones, and the Splinter program all back and complete with new scientists (and a revived older character), more intrigue with the Messengers, where they went, etc. I am just starting season 2, but I like how they changed Cassie and made Jones look less like an old witch. I don't like the Daughters and their whole tribal thing going, but right now it is not in the way. Good to know this show is still going. :)

LOVE THIS SHOW!

I am not so sure I want to see the movie. There is NO WAY the movie can be as good as this series. They simply can't do in two hours what they have done with this show, and I don't think they have the same characters either. This might be like Stargate, where the movie is the origin, but the series defined the story and the best remembered characters?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Alec from Continuum!!!! Great actor. :) Great addition, even if they have killed him off for now.

I am not sure how I like how they have changed the premise from chasing the origin of a global pandemic virus to the Messengers "destroying time itself". It flies in the face of science, since time is 100% entirely a human construct and does not really exist. Our perception of it is strictly a linear one, made possible by our brains and memory. The passage of time is an illusion. The way to destroy it is to stop recording it.

But that is a different discussion. :)

I could suspend belief easily and ignore the time travel "science" and even accept the paradox effects we see in the show. But the mission of destroying time? The scene with Jennifer and Jones and the red tea from the leaves explaining time made me wince a bit.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The scene with Jennifer and Jones and the red tea from the leaves explaining time made me wince a bit.

the whole "red forest" as a effect of paradox has yet to be explained

the issue of the visions cassie has had, or that the head monkey lady has given her will have signf latter in the season.

as far as destroying time- i think it is like you say, the witness and the monkeys are on a mission to stop human construct of time and how we feel entrapped by it

i think their use of global pandemic was a way of thinning the herd to make their new way of dealing with time a far easier task=less ppl to control/re-educate
----------------------------------------------
what sucks is my sat tv is down!! no ones coming till Wednesday!!! ( i always make sure that when i call i request a bill adjustment for the loss of svc or else they will not give you one-bastards!)

the season finale is tonight--yikes!!

i am wondering-will my dvr still record it? i am thinking yes

if not I guess i could always go to syfy's website and watch it :(

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Ah, ok...you are a Canadian. :) I love Canadians and Canada, and I am seriously SERIOUSLY thinking of moving there.

"...So you want to try the Finland of North America. Good luck! You should see some of the dumps that are selling for $4 million in both Toronto and Vancouver.

I remember reading some years back that there are 5 million Canadian descendants living in California. When all the Canadian movie operations moved from New York to California they must of brought their families with them. Going at it like eager beavers I suspect .."

I haven't seen any of the series but doesn't the 'red forest explanation' sound like the red tree limb explanation of time travel from "Continuum".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"...So you want to try the Finland of North America. Good luck! You should see some of the dumps that are selling for $4 million in both Toronto and Vancouver.

I remember reading some years back that there are 5 million Canadian descendants living in California. When all the Canadian movie operations moved from New York to California they must of brought their families with them. Going at it like eager beavers I suspect .."

I haven't seen any of the series but doesn't the 'red forest explanation' sound like the red tree limb explanation of time travel from "Continuum".
Yes. This whole show sounds a lot like Continuum only its better.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Meh...episodes 6, 7 and 8 sure are muddy and foggy. :( All this dark drama and super deep philosophical discussion about Humanity and destroying time and such...not liking that. I don't like the adult Hannah either.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH WOW. What a cliffhanger! I can't wait till next season!!!!!

I thought it was getting muddy, but it was just being taken to a whole new level. The year 2163? YEAH!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you can believe it I was actually holding back. :icon_lol:

At any rate, this movie should not be made into a TV show. Hollywood desperately needs a creative enema if all they're gonna keep doing is creating "new" stuff out of old stories. Besides, the original film was so bizarre and different that they won't be able to recreate the style. They just won't -- period.

Now put down that big glass of Kool-Aid they handed you and turn off the TV. :teapot:

now that we are in the future :) this show has gone way beyond the movie

after S1 there is really nothing similar other then character names and the title

i think you would like it--the S2 finale was excellent

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
OH WOW. What a cliffhanger! I can't wait till next season!!!!!

I thought it was getting muddy, but it was just being taken to a whole new level. The year 2163? YEAH!

OK!

Now that DIRECTV dips%%ts finally got my system working (new boxes, adjusted dish, blah,blah, bullshit at their cost mind you!) I got to watch the finale

it was excellent imo

The only,small thing I have an issue with-and it seems a lot of time travel shows get into this issue-is the causality problems

some shows-like ENTERPRISE-just avoid it by giving no question to paradoxes when we see, for example, a older and younger T'Pol in the same room with one another

but most, like monkeys, do spin so much time travel that first, one could get "lost" in the goings on of these travelers and, second-the "chicken or the egg" issues get to not just questions of precedence of bird and egg, but also to the quality of nesting material, feed, water, temperature,etc

with this ep- are we to believe that Cassie is already pregnant-from 1959, in 2163-or that she will become pregnant or she has already had her child (if so, when?)?

since Cole went back to 1957 via "the rabbit hole" and stopped the paradox, thereby affecting his and Cassie's stay there, which then leads to no shacking up in the house and the pregnancy in 59-how can she still be pregnant?

wonder how this will be addressed?

--------------------

I knew from the way that all the messengers and other Monkey Army peeps dealt with Cole-in all time frames (not wanting to kill him or seriously injure him or prevent him from time travel-cuz they knew he had to get to 1959), that he had something to do with The Witness. I just wasn't sure in what way; was he the Witness? Was his kid? Would he be the protector of the Witness?

but now we know

and how can they stop the Witness from ever being born? Stop Cole and Cassie from ever meeting-which they now know that his meeting Cassie is no longer important as getting to Mr Goines was not important as they had thought- but how can they do that without the Monkeys re-arranging matters to ensure the Witness' birth?

---------------------

And, with the whole small city as time machine--a very cool idea-- with Titan, what may be next in the show's future; spaceships, aliens, "magic" babies?

I AM HOPING NO!!

so guess its Spring 17 for S3! not long after S2 of THE EXPANSE ends I would guess

SYFY is starting to slowly get my attn back :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and

now that the Striking Woman (that his her official character name per imdb) -the woman who is seemingly the monkey chief and the prime communicator with The Witness-has changed sides and saved Ramse and his kid- what might she be up to?

obv the betrayal the Monkeys did with her must have her on quite the warpath

and Emily Hampshire-Jenner Goines-was again excellent in her role

i really liked the way she gave her motivational speech

used everything from Lord of the Rings, Braveheart and Independence Day to Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure!!

wonder if they let her freestyle that or if it was scripted?

see how she will get out of 1917---

and Madeline Stowe--nice touch!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Let me be the first to piss in the punch bowl: This show is going to be a moronic, clusterf*** turd that won't flush for "two seasons" because we all know, being on SyFy, shows automatically get a "two season" production order.

with the benefit of time and excellent outcomes--I demand you take these statements back!!!

take it back, take it back!!! :) :anim_59: :anim_35:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
with the benefit of time and excellent outcomes--I demand you take these statements back!!!

take it back, take it back!!! :) :anim_59: :anim_35:

It's only on season 2 right now, right? If it gets more seasons approved then that's fine. I assume that means it actually had good enough writing that it merited a continuation.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
now that we are in the future :) this show has gone way beyond the movie

after S1 there is really nothing similar other then character names and the title

i think you would like it--the S2 finale was excellent

I really don't think I want to see the movie. How can any movie do what they have done with this show? It would only disappoint me if I watched it.