12 Monkeys on SYFY

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think the show is still doing great--never-IMO- too formulaic or trope

I mean, the viewer knows that they are not going to pre empt the plague no matter what

but they tell a good story along the way

And still-I don't get how syfy has it on with its absence of the sex scene!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like this show! I am only on Season 1, and I did not know there was a movie or that this thread was already made. :) Unless they screw it up, I am going to keep watching.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's a decent show. Obviously it diverges a lot from the movie as the movie had a conclusive ending, but the show is nice in its own right.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's a decent show. Obviously it diverges a lot from the movie as the movie had a conclusive ending, but the show is nice in its own right.

I never saw the movie and did not know there was one until I read this thread. :) The premise of the series reminds me of Time Tunnel, except that there was a singular reason for sending Cole back in time. In Time Tunnel, precise missions were designed to change only certain things. I cannot even imagine what the movie does with it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I never saw the movie and did not know there was one until I read this thread. :) The premise of the series reminds me of Time Tunnel, except that there was a singular reason for sending Cole back in time. In Time Tunnel, precise missions were designed to change only certain things. I cannot even imagine what the movie does with it.

sometimes i am not good at this,but i think i did ok in THE 100 thread without giving away stuff

here goes--

the reason why i like this show a lot is because of how s1 played out and just when you think (s2) the story is done--there is a great twist in things

things which, so far as i understand time and physics issues, make "sense"

i better not say more :)

and the current season is excellent--for me, i like the 100 and this about equally--but don't let that detract you if you are a person who does not like the 100 :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
oh, and it is still a show--on syfy--with just about no sex of any note

a great accomplishment for syfy just on that note!

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I'll pretend that I have spent my whole adult life watching "12 Monkeys" on TV. Not really, but hey!

In her "Stevie" role she is so deadpan. All the other actors could walk around butt-naked and she wouldn't break out of her character.

I am in the process of watching more TV so I am th(i)nking that I will ketch-up on watching The Killjoys, then the 12 Monkeys.

Either that, or take a typing course where I learn how to spell and type at the same time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll pretend that I have spent my whole adult life watching "12 Monkeys" on TV. Not really, but hey!

In her "Stevie" role she is so deadpan. All the other actors could walk around butt-naked and she wouldn't break out of her character.

I am in the process of watching more TV so I am th(i)nking that I will ketch-up on watching The Killjoys, then the 12 Monkeys.

Either that, or take a typing course where I learn how to spell and type at the same time.

Well, if you haven't caught up on The Expanse and Humans and Dark Matter, try those out too. :) On Netflix, you owe yourself Sense8. For Sense8, you have to make it past the first three episodes (which you might not like until episode 4). I said here that the first three episodes were tofu until I saw the fourth episode and the first three turned into ice cream. :tealc_newanime006:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Well, if you haven't caught up on The Expanse and Humans and Dark Matter, try those out too. :) On Netflix, you owe yourself Sense8. For Sense8, you have to make it past the first three episodes (which you might not like until episode 4). I said here that the first three episodes were tofu until I saw the fourth episode and the first three turned into ice cream. :tealc_newanime006:

Like you say, Sense8( possibly) is available on our Netflix, as well as Killjoys, which is good for me. Plus all seasons of The 100. Dark Matter is available on another service provider called "Crave".

That leaves me to do some search and watch for The Expanse, Humans, and Mr. Robot. IZombie seems interesting, but I need time to watch Dark Matter.

Then there is 12 Monkeys. I am a little piggy and can go through TV episodes in no time flat.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Like you say, Sense8( possibly) is available on our Netflix, as well as Killjoys, which is good for me. Plus all seasons of The 100. Dark Matter is available on another service provider called "Crave".

That leaves me to do some search and watch for The Expanse, Humans, and Mr. Robot. IZombie seems interesting, but I need time to watch Dark Matter.

Then there is 12 Monkeys. I am a little piggy and can go through TV episodes in no time flat.

hmmph..your heavy binging may result in some serious problems

perhaps you should get an out of doors hobby?

maybe grow some tomatoes?

:)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this weeks episode was pretty climactic--a lot of faces cleared from the board as well

next week ,season finale

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this weeks episode was pretty climactic--a lot of faces cleared from the board as well

next week ,season finale
Im still on Season 1, so dont spoil!

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
hmmph..your heavy binging may result in some serious problems

perhaps you should get an out of doors hobby?

maybe grow some tomatoes?

:)

I'm really not a TV viewer anymore, so yes, it might take me a while to sample a lot of stuff I have missed.

Dark Matter will be a must, at least until I find it wanting. Then I will move on to something different.

Tomatoes are another thing. Burp! I don't appreciate them but I am sure the raccoons, squirrels, skunks, and crows living in my back forty would really like them.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm really not a TV viewer anymore, so yes, it might take me a while to sample a lot of stuff I have missed.

Dark Matter will be a must, at least until I find it wanting. Then I will move on to something different.

Tomatoes are another thing. Burp! I don't appreciate them but I am sure the raccoons, squirrels, skunks, and crows living in my back forty would really like them.

remind me--are you in the UK or Canada?

just curious :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I am on season 1, episode 9. Cole has jumped accidentally two years into 2017, and the virus has already gone plague. Cassie thinks that the plage was stopped. Also, I am now seeing the downside to serializing this premise. They ar using the time shift thing to make major changes in the plot in order to stretch it out and keep it going. They did this in Continuum too, but it was done a bit better IMO. I am now halfway through the episode, and Kat has killed Jonathan, and Cole is in 2017 after the plague has already spread across the globe.

I think I should avoid seeing the movie until I have finished watching this season and whatever is in season 2. I still like it a lot, but I am also realizing that if they want to, they can milk it for years. That is not going to work. Good thing is they can end the series in one episode when the time comes. I still highly recommend this show!