12 Monkeys on SYFY

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Let me be the first to piss in the punch bowl: This show is going to be a moronic, clusterf*** turd that won't flush for "two seasons" because we all know, being on SyFy, shows automatically get a "two season" production order.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Let me be the first to piss in the punch bowl: This show is going to be a moronic, clusterf*** turd that won't flush for "two seasons" because we all know, being on SyFy, shows automatically get a "two season" production order.

your negativity is literally oozing through my screen...:crazy homer face:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
your negativity is literally oozing through my screen...:crazy homer face:

If you can believe it I was actually holding back. :icon_lol:

At any rate, this movie should not be made into a TV show. Hollywood desperately needs a creative enema if all they're gonna keep doing is creating "new" stuff out of old stories. Besides, the original film was so bizarre and different that they won't be able to recreate the style. They just won't -- period.

Now put down that big glass of Kool-Aid they handed you and turn off the TV. :teapot:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Why have a series off of that film. it had a pretty conclusive ending - there is no place at all to go with the story as the plague is prevented. He died but did his job enabling them to pinpoint the correct target which in the closing scene they took care of.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why have a series off of that film. it had a pretty conclusive ending - there is no place at all to go with the story as the plague is prevented. He died but did his job enabling them to pinpoint the correct target which in the closing scene they took care of.

So they can have an unkempt 18yo skinny jean-wearing emo f***wit have a confused, complicated, torrid relationship with an anorexic 18yo super smart scientist that has three doctorates and wears skinny jeans herself. With any luck one of them will also turn out to be a vampire. :encouragement:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

apparently they are flipping the script a bit in this one

for starters-it is the female Psych (the Madeline Stowe character) who sends the guy back from the future

there is also some "third party/actor" involved in the plague outbreak--like nasty industrialists or environmentalists :smiley-laughing021: that help to create/release the "beast"

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Joining the "12 Monkeys" on the streets of Toronto, coming this January -2015 will be this SyFy original .....

Syfy has acquired the original series Dark Matter, an adaptation of the Dark Horse graphic novels by Stargate franchise vets Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Mallozzi and Mullie will helm the 13-episode series, which is being produced by Prodigy Pictures (Lost Girl, XIII). Endemol will distribute the drama internationally. Prodigy’s Jay Firestone and Vanessa Piazza will also serve as executive producers.

In Dark Matter, the crew of a derelict spaceship is awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board. Facing threats at every turn, they have to work together to survive a voyage charged with vengeance, betrayal and hidden secrets.

Dark Matter is a refreshing and entertaining space opera that blends an intriguing premise with fast-paced suspense,” says Syfy programming SVP Chris Regina. “It will be a terrific addition to our primetime schedule next year.”

The names Mallozzi and Mullie sound mighty familiar, while Jay Firestone is world famous for 'La Femme Nikita' and most recently for 'Lost Girl'.

Casting is now taking place in TO, Vancouver, and of course LA. Soring up your local casting agent if you want to take part.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Joining the "12 Monkeys" on the streets of Toronto, coming this January -2015 will be this SyFy original .....

Syfy has acquired the original series Dark Matter, an adaptation of the Dark Horse graphic novels by Stargate franchise vets Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Mallozzi and Mullie will helm the 13-episode series, which is being produced by Prodigy Pictures (Lost Girl, XIII). Endemol will distribute the drama internationally. Prodigy’s Jay Firestone and Vanessa Piazza will also serve as executive producers.

In Dark Matter, the crew of a derelict spaceship is awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board. Facing threats at every turn, they have to work together to survive a voyage charged with vengeance, betrayal and hidden secrets.

Dark Matter is a refreshing and entertaining space opera that blends an intriguing premise with fast-paced suspense,” says Syfy programming SVP Chris Regina. “It will be a terrific addition to our primetime schedule next year.”

The names Mallozzi and Mullie sound mighty familiar, while Jay Firestone is world famous for 'La Femme Nikita' and most recently for 'Lost Girl'.

Casting is now taking place in TO, Vancouver, and of course LA. Soring up your local casting agent if you want to take part.

Um...yeah...this exact same story premise was done in the 2009 flick Pandorum.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/

Seriously Mallozzi, get an original idea for once. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pandorum at least had a reasonably clever plot.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Pandorum at least had a reasonably clever plot.

Don't be so quick to judge, after all, Joe Mallozzi's version is going to have "betrayal and hidden secrets". :winking0052: :anim_59:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan

I remember the movie, it ended and closed up well. The problem with this is that, whenever you are dealing with time travel you really have to know the stuff, mainly where what when and whys. Time travel is always a sticky subject because you can't have a character constantly changing the past without it changing the future, not unless you have established he/she is outside of normal space time thus able to retain the memories of past actions.

The only clever way you can do this, is if you have the character changing things in the past but it changes things in the future, so characters are changing. I know some people are thinking ground hog day here but I'm removing the memory from the characters, so you could have each season being a new loop created and closed up at the finale but with the changes of each iterative past being shown.

Yeah my brain hurts talking about time travel.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Don't be so quick to judge, after all, Joe Mallozzi's version is going to have "betrayal and hidden secrets". :winking0052: :anim_59:

Whoa! Whoa! Will there be any backstabbing, infidelity, melodrama, closet romps and plenty of angst? Otherwise, count me out.

Bluce Ree

I remember the movie, it ended and closed up well. The problem with this is that, whenever you are dealing with time travel you really have to know the stuff, mainly where what when and whys. Time travel is always a sticky subject because you can't have a character constantly changing the past without it changing the future, not unless you have established he/she is outside of normal space time thus able to retain the memories of past actions.

The only clever way you can do this, is if you have the character changing things in the past but it changes things in the future, so characters are changing. I know some people are thinking ground hog day here but I'm removing the memory from the characters, so you could have each season being a new loop created and closed up at the finale but with the changes of each iterative past being shown.

Yeah my brain hurts talking about time travel.

That would be a clever premise and it would keep the show fresh every season. On the other hand, they could go with the split alternate timeline theory where changes you effect in the past create an entirely new reality, thus disconnecting you from your original timeline and you continue on the new one (parallel universe).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That would be a clever premise and it would keep the show fresh every season. On the other hand, they could go with the split alternate timeline theory where changes you effect in the past create an entirely new reality, thus disconnecting you from your original timeline and you continue on the new one (parallel universe).

They did this with the original Primeval. They sent the two main stars into a portal, and they could not go back so they returned from the past into the present but in a new timeline where they had a spiffy new lab, better clothes, fancier homes and cool cars. Neat. And it worked out very well since the original Connor and Abby were in the new timeline. They even brought back Claudia alive in the new timeline where she had died earlier in the old timeline.

Bluce Ree

They did this with the original Primeval. They sent the two main stars into a portal, and they could not go back so they returned from the past into the present but in a new timeline where they had a spiffy new lab, better clothes, fancier homes and cool cars. Neat. And it worked out very well since the original Connor and Abby were in the new timeline. They even brought back Claudia alive in the new timeline where she had died earlier in the old timeline.

I miss that show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Whoa! Whoa! Will there be any backstabbing, infidelity, melodrama, closet romps and plenty of angst? Otherwise, count me out.

don't forget the out- of- body- but- in- someone- else's- body, stone powered, hot lesbian sex :samanime20: :vala-newanime016:

that was the best

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

No worries gentle warrior, there will be that and more; all dressed up in a "derivative" story line that's been done before! :encouragement:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So i watched the first ep of 12 MONKEYS...

I liked it

and MY GOD! A whole episode of a syfy show WITHOUT so much as a blow job or a beast with 2 backs!

how could they let such a show on the air!

SYFY's standards are slipping!

-------
i think i'll keep watching this show

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
I rather liked 12 Monkeys as well, and intend on watching it. Until they screw it up, anyway.