12 Monkeys on SYFY

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I rather liked 12 Monkeys as well, and intend on watching it. Until they screw it up, anyway.

and yet another episode with no sex!!!!

i like how they are taking what in the movie was a scene of about 2 minutes and fleshing it out a bit

so staying with the movie a bit and adding in new material

just keep the distracting sex and pew pew out unless it is plot related
-------------

someone at syfy "F" up major! heads will roll once they discover the lack of shipping and meaningless sex and violence

ecgordon

Star's Hero
Episode 3 is available On Demand today only. There is one very brief scene which implies sex but it cuts away very fast and we don't see anything graphic. No, it's not between Cassandra and Cole.

The only problem I had with this ep is the continuous removal of surgical masks within the infected area by doctors who should know better.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Three episodes in and yet no mention of monkeys. :daniel_new004:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I havent even seen this movie yet...:) So, its actually good? The title turned me off.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I havent even seen this movie yet...:) So, its actually good? The title turned me off.
Are you talking about the 1995 film directed by Terry Gilliam, or the new Syfy series based on it, which this thread is about?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Should I see the movie? Was it good? Did YOU like it?

Saw it years ago but yeah, I liked it. The style is kind of weird though, just FYI.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are you talking about the 1995 film directed by Terry Gilliam, or the new Syfy series based on it, which this thread is about?

The movie. :) I assumed (maybe incorrectly?) that the series is based in the movie?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
More like a reboot of the movie. The movie while very weird also ended pretty conclusively.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I like Gilliam's film quite a bit, although it's not my favorite of his and I do admit it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. It's too soon to tell about the series, but so far I'm liking it much more than I expected.

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
"Meh" on the movie, but I'm liking the series so far.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Gonna watch the movie today . I seem to think I saw it before . Not sure if I watched the whole thing . Watched a preview . Looks weird for sure . ( Madeline Stowe is a serious heart breaker ).

:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Gonna watch the movie today . I seem to think I saw it before . Not sure if I watched the whole thing . Watched a preview . Looks weird for sure . ( Madeline Stowe is a serious heart breaker ).

:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Yes, the movie is definitely weird, but it still manages to be good. From what I recall the whole time travel aspect of the story really left me thinking after the movie was over.

Brad Pitt did a good job of playing the crazy guy in the movie. From what I've heard about the TV show is that they changed his character to female and, supposedly, the actress really over acts the part. That's just what I've heard though so I can't say for sure.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
Yes, the movie is definitely weird, but it still manages to be good. From what I recall the whole time travel aspect of the story really left me thinking after the movie was over.

Brad Pitt did a good job of playing the crazy guy in the movie. From what I've heard about the TV show is that they changed his character to female and, supposedly, the actress really over acts the part. That's just what I've heard though so I can't say for sure.
I'd say that Emily Hampshire is not over-acting in the part, certainly no more than Brad Pitt did.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So i watched the first ep of 12 MONKEYS...

I liked it

and MY GOD! A whole episode of a syfy show WITHOUT so much as a blow job or a beast with 2 backs!

how could they let such a show on the air!

SYFY's standards are slipping!

-------
i think i'll keep watching this show

Just watched the third ep as well )somehow my directv dvr "found" it available 1 week earlier through some connected medium) no sex in it as well--just the suggestion of it

its damn near as chaste as watching STARSKY AND HUTCH from the 70's

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
It's nice to seem them trying to sell a show based on its story merits, rather than the lowest common denominator.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Watched the original which I did like and now watching the series . EP 01 .
Its pretty good and its movin fast . Not too bad at all .