THE MANDALORIAN live action series

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Got to catch up - I am one behind!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
last episode- the Jedi, great episode. they even got SGT Kyle Reese to come back in action :)

it is great too, to see more and more animated characters come out in live action. that and the two pretty big name drops as well as pulling even another reference from LEGENDS with Tython

pretty sure i even saw Ahsoka's winged companion? anyone else catch it?

Also, it seems Ahsoka is only on Corvus to get info regarding the mission she is on, she doesn't live there. Since Bo Katan had such up to date info on her to tell Djarin, maybe possible that Bo-Katan and Ahsoka are staying in contact?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She lives!
Mandalorian-Rosario-Darwson-Ahsoka-Tano.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
EP4 ..WOW! they have been taking elements from LEGENDS throughout REBELS, CLONE WARS and Mando.. but this ep really did a reach into LEGENDS formaterial

very very reminiscent of FORCE UNLEASHED video games.. makes sense why they put everything from those games into LEGENDS--they want to use it themselves for new shows/movies

and the pacing of the ep-- just when you thought it was going to be a ho-hum, Din is doing this just to help, as he has so many other times-- things get very serious and fit more into the overall theme of things going on in the galaxy

I fell for this show, but I have just been on hiatus from here so I haven't been talking about it. Love the show! I even have a Baby Yoda Funko POP! Loving Gina Carano and now Ahsoka live-action, done right? I'm onboard for now. :). Did they really just tease Thrawn in the last episode?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep!

Mando is fun to watch. Like I said in another thread the lack of identity politics and other such crud is refreshing. Story is decent and acting generally good (Gina Carano and Katee Sackhoff were both fun to watch). I thought the Baby Yoda thing with the eggs was funny too.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did they really just tease Thrawn in the last episode?

its character connections from what we already know

Ahsoka is connected to Ezra, Sabine and Rex, so we may see those 3 in the show- if not this season than next

Ezra is connected to Thrawn, i can't see any other reason why Ahsoka would be looking for Thrawn, if not to get to Ezra

Also, any of you catch the quick glimpse of Morai?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
got to love these predictions! some of these ppl are quite dedicated too

as for this vid.. i HOPE TO HELL mandalorian has NOTHING to do with any Skywalkers!! Because it is entirely possible that the 'jedi or force sensitive' that gets Grogu's message from tython could be luke or leia

from her list- i'd pick either Mace Windu (whom both disney and Jackson ave said will make an appearance in some work or the other) or the Cal Kestus character

Ezra would be too easy.. and, if Ahsoka thought that there was any chance of using Grogu to find ezra was worth it, she would be taking Grogu to Tython

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
plus--- Moff Gideon's Dark Trooper project (or what everyone thinks are dark troopers) is from the Force Unleashed

so, a way to intro Starkiller/ Galen Marek into canon and live action as well

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ep6-- UNEXPECTED .. and I knew she was alive!

seems my idea on a certain OT character being out for redemption was pretty close too

let me know when you guys catch up so i can stop typing so cryptically :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Go for it - I am more or less caught up.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Go for it - I am more or less caught up.
well lets see

Fennec-- you don't bring an actor as well known as Ming-Na just to have her play a side role in one episode and kill her off. And this show, like ALL of star wars, one thing is defi true-- no one is dead until you see their <<confirmed>> lifeless body

I am thinking with the 'posse' Din is building, we may also see Cobb Vanth again. We know we will be getting Mayfeld- Bill Burr's character. so i am sure we will see Olyphant again as well.

But I HOPE they dont make it a "avengers" team where there are so many "heroes" we dont know who to watch.. THAT would be overkill. I think the only other players we will see is maybe Ahsoka-because we know there is to be light saber duel, so minus any other light sabre wielding character, she's back- and anyone she brings along. Most defi see Bo-Katan again as she is going for the dark sabre

I think at the end, Gideon will still be alive.. maybe to see him rescued by Thrawn?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I largely agree. I also expect (as stated elsewhere) that Mando will come more front and center in future episodes - with them bringing in Ashoka and Bo Katan it was inevitable Mando would be in the background a bit for a couple of episodes.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
at the risk of seeming as if i am talking to myself here :) --and of course Joe ....

just some thoughts:

from all the "predictions" videos on YT, somme of which make sense, I am thinking we may see both Thrawn and a "jedi" in the last episode. And, how convenient-the last we saw Thrawn, he was with a "jedi"

of course they could leave thrawn just a name drop for now, and give us a jedi who is relatively unknown out of legends

but there is something that sticks with me to think that somehow in their time together, Thrawn has worked on Ezra. they already had a type of hostile admiration for one another. Stranded out wherever they were, they may have grown on each other

so, given that and favreau and filoni's penchant for twists in character nd plot, i wouldn't be surprised if we saw Thrawn and Ezra as allies

hmm.. what if thrawn is gideons boss and ,the project they are using grogu for is to power up Ezra with more midichlorians? making him a type of Starkiller, super force using character?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and, i wouldn't think the cloning tanks we saw on gideon's ship have anything to do with Snoke or Palpatine cloning

those imperial remnants who were "in" on the plans for evac to the unknown regions where they would form the first order, had left the known galaxy about 4 yrs before the events of Mando. Leaving behind thousands of former imperial officers and troops

many of these were discharged and went to civilian life, some joined the new republic, others stayed on the run, setting p shop and dictatorships in the outer rim

Moff Gideon and Morgan Elsbeth are some of these. We know one works for Thrawn and Gideon probably does as well

so, those cloning experiments are probably just a coincidence -. Gideon and Elsbeth were probably considered to be too corrupt and too materialistic by Palpatine to have them "invited" to his new order. Palpatine despised the criminal gangs but tolerated them because he knew that even his empire needed the criminal underworld to supply him and help keep order in his empire. His burning down of his empire was a way to not only advance his Sith plans but to also cleanse his ranks of this corruption (a plan thaT Vader and the Skywalker line were created for by him)

anyways....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I suppose it is possible. My thinking on the clone tanks was more about things like Dark Troopers than making Snoke.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I suppose it is possible. My thinking on the clone tanks was more about things like Dark Troopers than making Snoke.
maybe, but this version of DARK tROOPERS, Now the canon version- seem to be entirely droids

there are many.. lets call them "low information" viewers out there who see the clone tanks and the scar on the heads of the subjects in them (a scar btw which goes in a diff direction then snoke's) and immediately think "Snoke-- First Order"

they have no idea, of course they are big screen fans only, of how big the sws galaxy is and that those imp forces who formed the core of the first order, were out in the unk regions, by the time of the show. leaving ppl like Gideon-and others with their own gig- in the main galaxy to fend for themselves- the Imperial Remnant

but who knows, filoni and favreau could make the first order connection in the show. it would be a mistake, the show would start to tank in ratings if the did that

Friday awaits!! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
another good ep... fast on action, a little slow on plot progression

couple, few good things

1- that they actually showed how Din gets the location of Gideon. they could have just went to where Din and his allies just show up at Gideons cruiser without ever referencing how they got the info. a small thing, but i like the detail

2- direct tie in to the events shown in Battlefront 2 and the AFTERMATH books. like Operation Cinder

3- Pascal did a great job acting in the shots where he had to be "exposed". A total look of a person who either lives as a shut in who has to go out in public, or in his case- spends his time face covered. Pascal's facial expressions seemed very genuine to this

4- Fett found time to get his armor painted to pristine condition, even better then in Empire./ some ppl were expecting this, BUT with him having it painted white; plot wise, would be a symbol of his "new self" and to real life, a homage to the original design of Boba Fett by Ralph McQuarrie where he was all white (A original in package action figure my son recently sold for over $100 btw)

a nice touch as well when Fett said he couldn't go into the facility as the Empire may recognize him. you think? :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
next ep

obviously he is not going to go after Gideon with just himself, Fett and Fennec. I mean, he could, but would that be "believable"?

how do you think his assistance may arrive? will they run into Bo Katan while she was on her way to Gideon? Will Din and Fett stop and pick up some help?

We were given a soft promise of a light sabre duel- mostly in Esposito's interview saying he broke a couple dark sabre props practicing. I would assume that duel is with Ahsoka? So will she be with Bo- Katan?

a lot to pack into one ep

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Since we know Gideon will be in S3 it will be too early for Bo Katan to reclaim the darksaber. Maybe they get help from an unexpected source - General Veers!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Since we know Gideon will be in S3 it will be too early for Bo Katan to reclaim the darksaber. Maybe they get help from an unexpected source - General Veers!

at the pace they are bringing stuff and characters in.. anyone could show up

my dark horse favorite would be Rahm Kota, former jedi and Rebel general (hey they are already taking stuff from FORCE UNLEASHED so why not ? )