THE MANDALORIAN live action series

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How about a sentient, force sensitive Rancor with an appropriately sized lightsaber?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
hey @Joelist since it seems to be just you and i, i just address this to you :)

i am assuming you saw the last ep?

so, with Din Djarin taking off his helmet in front of others BEYOND all the plot implications for what this may indicate about how is thinking is progressing from the 'cultish' ways he had

isn't it odd that a man whose creed it is to not show his face to another living being bothers to be so meticulous about his grooming?

trimmed mustache. Why shave at all? trimmed hair? who cuts his hair anyhow if he cant take off his helmet..why bother with a haircut anyhow?

plot problem,,, lazy continuity? or something else?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Since we know Gideon will be in S3 it will be too early for Bo Katan to reclaim the darksaber. Maybe they get help from an unexpected source - General Veers!

and Veers may have issues with his hover chair and mobility

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Excellent finale!

Bringing back Luke Skywalker was genius and especially bringing him back in full on boss mode like they did. We also got some darksaber resolution and a new question - how does Bo Katan get Din to give her the darksaber? And for now the Grogu storyline has reached a conclusion.

Very interesting that again there was zero linkage to the sequel films. And showing us Luke in boss mode will help people remember what he is supposed to be as opposed to the crap in The Last Jedi.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Excellent finale!

Bringing back Luke Skywalker was genius and especially bringing him back in full on boss mode like they did. We also got some darksaber resolution and a new question - how does Bo Katan get Din to give her the darksaber? And for now the Grogu storyline has reached a conclusion.

Very interesting that again there was zero linkage to the sequel films. And showing us Luke in boss mode will help people remember what he is supposed to be as opposed to the crap in The Last Jedi.

no..no...no...no :)

it was disappointing.. i knew a jedi was going to appear, but as soon as i saw the xwing i knew it would be Luke

f'ing skywalkers!! a family created by Palpatine to SERVE Palpatine. Having Luke in this is pointless knowing how the Skywalkers turn out

EVERYTHING Luke has done has been to serve Palpatine's plans. "Killing" Palpatine even served Palatine's plans. The strongest student in his new academy-Ben- was trained by Luke to end up serving Palpatine

so Luke, as he has been portrayed by DISNEY/LUCAS is a failure in the total effort of his life

Ezra would have been a far better choice--we already have a Thrawn sub story going on-- Gideon most likely serves him, Elsbeth we know serves him, Ahsoka is looking for him because of Ezra.. and as for fan service, Ezra imo would have been a far better choice

and r2d2? really? why not just throw in Han Solo and f'ing Chewbacca into the episode as well? Millennium Falcon to the rescue!

the HUGE PLACE that is the sw's galaxy- in both size and stories was being made larger by shows like Mandalorian... having Luke show up to save the day JUST MADE THE GALAXY SMALL AGAIN

lets hope they do better in s3 AND 4--both confirmed--in making the place big again

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Excellent finale!

and by your lack of mention of it, i am guessing you didn't stick around for the post credit scene? It, at least, was satisfying in both its presentation and its 'promise' in yet one more live action show coming next december

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And showing us Luke in boss mode will help people remember what he is supposed to be as opposed to the crap in The Last Jedi.

but still pointless because the new trilogy is still canon. so the Skywalker family ends up a failure. all we get is an orphaned member of the Palpatine family pretending to be a Skywalker

so unless and until TPTB's officially kill the events and outcome of the new trilogy, it will
remain the story of the ultimate failure of Luke

Very interesting that again there was zero linkage to the sequel films

there wouldn't be any linkage to the films, the time period here is still a good 20 yrs from the time of the first order--Ben Solo would be like 4 yrs old during the time of Mandalorian

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the issue with the Dark SABRE HAVING TO BE won in combat is not entirely true. in REBELS we saw Katan accept the sabre from SABINE with no combat in between them.. and Katan most def knows this

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Having it be Luke and having Luke in boss mode served a very needed purpose. It showed Luke as he SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOWN in the sequel films. Ezra while interesting would not have filled the requirement for a Jedi capable of instructing Grogu.

If anything, this development makes it more likely that they are indeed planning to use the Veil to disconnect the sequel trilogy. Showing boss mode Luke will just increase the clamor from fans to use the Veil.

As to the Darksaber, right now Din Djarin is the owner of it and therefore at this moment he is the Mandalore. Obviously they will resolve this situation in Season 3 between Djarin and Bo Katan.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If anything, this development makes it more likely that they are indeed planning to use the Veil to disconnect the sequel trilogy. Showing boss mode Luke will just increase the clamor from fans to use the Veil.
but nothing has changed and as of now, canon is what canon is and that is the Skywalker family is an artificially created DUD whose only remaining member is a PAlpatine pretending to be a Skywalker :)

i ma totally fine with being in the minority on this,,, WHY do we need to see anything about a Skywalker ever again.. regardless of the new trilogy and its disaster?

as i said, the Mandalorian was doing just fine in its 'small' setting telling one of many stories in a HUGE galaxy... the constant inclusion of Skywalkers and r2d2 and other tropes just serves to make the galaxy small again

Luke's appearance also negates the achievements of EVERYONE who has helped Din in both seasons.. all of their work and sacrifice is meaningless. We have already seen Force sensing of other force users from great distances (ep 5 i believe),so Luke could have just swooped in at anytime and taken Grogu. THE REASON Ahsoka told Din to take him to the temple was to use the stone's powers to enhance the chances that all Jedi or near Jedi-gray jedi, COULD hear him and find

having Luke in it-- hell, its just a full blown deus ex machina, lazy writing event

other views

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
As to the Darksaber, right now Din Djarin is the owner of it and therefore at this moment he is the Mandalore. Obviously they will resolve this situation in Season 3 between Djarin and Bo Katan.

In rebels, Sabine 'won' the dark sabre. we see her handing it over to Bo-Katan in front of a huge crowd of mandalorians, none of whom said anything about it.

so, plot hole

""After the mission to destroy Sabine's weapon, Sabine again offered the Darksaber to Bo-Katan, stating the veteran had the wisdom and guidance of a true leader, and believed she (Sabine) had found the Darksaber because she was meant to pass it on to Bo-Katan. After several clans, including Wren, swore loyalty to Clan Kryze, Bo-Katan accepted the Darksaber and became the true and rightful leader of Mandalore."" https://starwarsrebels.fandom.com/wiki/Darksaber

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, but as I said RIGHT NOW Din Djarin is The Mandalore. Now he may give her the Darksaber like Sabine did but really that has to happen before the clans with Din Djarin stating why he is passing it so the clans accept her as The Mandalore.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
True, but as I said RIGHT NOW Din Djarin is The Mandalore. Now he may give her the Darksaber like Sabine did but really that has to happen before the clans with Din Djarin stating why he is passing it so the clans accept her as The Mandalore.
no.. the clan that Din is in has no knowledge of the dark sabre, Din doesn't know what it is or the tradition of its passing

they may even state that he can't be ruler since he is a foundling and the attitude they have towards the foundlings of the children of the watch--the watch being deathwatch which also has a bad rep on mandalore

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Reasonable explanation here:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Reasonable explanation here:

i saw that and others

thing is though, this notion was just brought in- that the DS MUST be won in battle

at no time in REBELS was this ever mentioned by any character including SABINE wREN or GAR SAXON or Maul or anyone

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
PATHETIC! grown man crying over LUKE Skywalker! :) no amount of tears will erase EP's 7-9 and the utter failure of the skywalker family = last person standing from the two families is a Palpatine

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
but still pointless because the new trilogy is still canon. so the Skywalker family ends up a failure. all we get is an orphaned member of the Palpatine family pretending to be a Skywalker

so unless and until TPTB's officially kill the events and outcome of the new trilogy, it will
remain the story of the ultimate failure of Luke

there wouldn't be any linkage to the films, the time period here is still a good 20 yrs from the time of the first order--Ben Solo would be like 4 yrs old during the time of Mandalorian

Word is going around that the sequel trilogy might be erased by Disney in favor of the new canon being written by The Mandalorian. The sequel trilogy represents a net loss for Disney on many levels. There is no market for the merch for any of the sequel trilogy characters. No fan engagement, and zero chance of carrying any of the sequel characters into future films (Rey, Poe and Finn). The Golden Goose right now is The Mandalorian, and Kathleen Kennedy is being actively isolated from show and character development, as well as production and executive management. That has all been given to Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, and George Lucas himself has become involved.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Word is going around that the sequel trilogy might be erased by Disney in favor of the new canon being written by The Mandalorian. The sequel trilogy represents a net loss for Disney on many levels. There is no market for the merch for any of the sequel trilogy characters. No fan engagement, and zero chance of carrying any of the sequel characters into future films (Rey, Poe and Finn). The Golden Goose right now is The Mandalorian, and Kathleen Kennedy is being actively isolated from show and character development, as well as production and executive management. That has all been given to Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, and George Lucas himself has become involved.

lucas has been pretty involved from the start on Mando by request of Filoni and Favreau.. i think a lot of it was since Lucas has always been very secretive with his thoughts on who just Yoda and Yattle are.. by species, exact age, true abilities, home planet. So that when they knew they were going to have Grogu, they wanted Lucas in so they didn't/don't go in a direction too diff from Lucas' thoughts on the species

as for the new trilogy.. they can do whatever.. yeah, just about all sw's fans are not emotionally invested in them at all

as i have said before, I and other fans i read/watch "get it" the plot the intent,, what the objects and ideas taken from LEGENDS are, but none of it really comes together in any good way

to I dont know who's credit, there are some--a lot actually, deleted scenes put on YT, i guess they are extras on a DVD, that had they been put into the films, esp EP9 , they would have made the movie a bit better to fans. the explained more of Kylo's actions, like why he went to the light side--or at least to help Rey

ep9 as is just makes it look as if he goes against PALPATINE because he is mad that he has been pulling his strings, and that was a part of it,, the deleted scenes have more of a connection between him and Rey

ANYHOW.... on erasing.. overwriting as i put in the other thread, i get how they could do it.. just do it.. but the public relations side will be an issue

fans who hate eps7-9 wil lsay "you dont get off so easily" while casual viewers who liked them will say a collective "WTF?"

my biggest issues with the new trilogy is just how pointless the entire Skywalker family has been made into .we know fro the canon comics and now easily found online, that Anakin was conceived by dark side force manipulation of midichlorians by Palpatine.. two things

this means, by default of his creation, Anakin was always doomed to be a servant of the dark side, at least insofar as Palpatine's plans. He could never really be a light side Jedi whole heartedly as he "Was born that way" he could not overcome his created nature sinc ehwas conceived by dark side energy

this means he and his whole line are all in a way, phoney and all doomed to have had some part in Palpatines plans to the Ends shown in ep9.. even in doing good (destroying death stars, breaking the Empire, leading the rebellion, killing him) they were actually forwarding Palpatine's plans

and to top it off.. the last person we see called"Skywalker" is actually a BIOLOGICAL PALPATINE!! who may or may not ALSO be doomed to evil based on her yet unknown origins (as in how did palpatine create her father// naturally or manipulated?) So, IF the trilogy is left as is, and if Rey continues she, like Anakin, may not be able to remain a jedi due to her nature-- a bear is a bear because its a bear- it cannot will itself to become a Chihuahua

and NOW to see Grogu in the hands of Luke,, who, per current canon-which we must go by, not rumors,, and knowing that HE WILL DIE at the hands of Ben Solo, kind of erases all of the efforts of Din Darin and those who helped him, to keep Grogu safe

WITH THAT.the ending i dont think--or at least appears to me since we dont know what IS next--looks to have been thought out past the point of fan service. or some TPTB's peeve to put Luke in because they can.. like how RDM ruined the very ending of BSG by going with the "Eve" from the natgeo over ending-- just because it was cool to him and topical at the time

Just as Luke is topical to fans now after the disaster of the new trilogies handling of the character

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
^^^^^^SEE TRY DOING POSTS LIKE THAT ON TWITTER!!! BOO YAH!!! :) :)