THE MANDALORIAN live action series

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This was deliciously ironic:

The original plan was to theme Galaxy's Edge with OT characters, and that was a HUGE mistake, Now, it looks like The Mandalorian is going to give them another change, perhaps their only chance to restore Star Wars. They need to vault the sequel trilogy and shunt it off into something called "The Rey Chronicles" or something. She is not and will never be seen as a Skywalker.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The firing of Gina Carano by disney is yet one more 'win' for SJW's

it has nothing to do, really, with her tweet--which, was really nothing more than her relating a bit of history and comparing that history to current events and how we should not be living as those people she mentioned, lived then and treated (mistreated) their neighbors

they have been trying to get her fired from the beginning---first it was over her stance on transwomen (right term.. men who are now women?) competing in women's sports. how she was against that. i agree with her

then it was some nonsense on how she would not bow to them and put her 'pronouns' on her twitter profile

i don't think that her social/political views were ever really the point of the SJW's.. IMO, it was about how Anita Sarkeesian tried to org a campaign against Disney in S1 when she tried to say there were no female characters in MANDALORIAN

her movement ,then and on that point, fizzled.. when Carano's character came on screen, Carano made some tweet referencing Sarkesian by saying something like "i a ma woman, i am playing a character on mando..etc.. STFU"

this made SARKESIAN back off a bit, although she came back later with her 'boob armor' drama in S2. however, imo again, it enraged and gave a cause to a whole other rasher of twittering nabobs gunning for Carano

now she is fired.. and reportedly disney will not allow a recasting of her although F&F want to recast her (they reportedly had 2 actresses in mind) and are both already furious that Disney fired carano. the Cara Dune character was to be a continuing part in Mando, as well as a major role in the new RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC show

so DISNEY not only wanted to service SJW's by firing Carano (their right to do btw) but want to erase all memory of her by disappearing her character from future shows in a re-cast role

the biggest problem now is that these SJW's feel they have a 'win' and that they can influence DISNEY or anyone else.. funny how the studios will barely listen to fans but listen to those who only watched the show to try to find points of criticism... sad and pathetic DISNEY--- they have a goldmine in these SW's shows and are putting it in jeopardy over some BS

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, this is classic shooting yourself in the foot. They actually had managed to get to a place where some small trust with the fanbase was coming back, then they did this stupid act which vaporized the goodwill.

A lot of the problem is those in power in entertainment (especially) WAY overestimate the real reach and influence of Twitter Blue Checkmarks. The reality is Twitter could be shut down tomorrow and everything would still work and go forward. And Twitter is not only an echo chamber for one political/social group but it is a sewer.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And Twitter is not only an echo chamber for one political/social group but it is a sewer.
yeah,, i saw that a few yrs back.. i only have an acct to follow ppl like bald and bankrupt and a few others.. though i think i have only ever tweeted a doz times

i have told many ppl who love twitter- including Om-- how i think it is a cesspool--a cradle of filth-- a den of evil-- etc,etc

they all tell me i dont get it and i am over reacting :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The problem is not so much that Twitter is a sewer and an echo chamber for one viewpoint (which it is) but more that people in power in certain industries and areas seem to think it is representative of the population as a whole - which it is not.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I see the link only - should there be more?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i see it all

and, as a reply to this tweet..... ppl need to recognize there is a growing divide in the lgbtQ group

if anything Carano and others like Tulsi Gabbard, have been standing up FOR both straight women and lesbians especially in the area of women's sports.. Gabbard even into'd legislation before she left congress, to protect women's sports from trans (is it male or female when a guy "become" a woman?) players

also, looks like Carano has landed nicely with a contract at some online and on radio right wing talk show gig.. she doesnt seem to broken up over being fired

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You should see the tweet with Gina Carano in a video embedded in the tweet. That was my test, plus it is a relevant topic. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i see it all

and, as a reply to this tweet..... ppl need to recognize there is a growing divide in the lgbtQ group

if anything Carano and others like Tulsi Gabbard, have been standing up FOR both straight women and lesbians especially in the area of women's sports.. Gabbard even into'd legislation before she left congress, to protect women's sports from trans (is it male or female when a guy "become" a woman?) players

also, looks like Carano has landed nicely with a contract at some online and on radio right wing talk show gig.. she doesnt seem to broken up over being fired
She has signed on to the Daily Wire which is Ben Shapiro's company. He will be funding and producing a full-length movie starring Carano. Right now, Gina Carano is red hot with fans from every walk of life, and she was the second favorite Mandalorian character after Baby Yoda (yes, this includes Mando himself). Disney is tasting it's foot!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxObG659Sc0

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She has signed on to the Daily Wire which is Ben Shapiro's company. He will be funding and producing a full-length movie starring Carano. Right now, Gina Carano is red hot with fans from every walk of life, and she was the second favorite Mandalorian character after Baby Yoda (yes, this includes Mando himself). Disney is tasting it's foot!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxObG659Sc0
yup.. and, to reiterate what i discussed with joe-- Disney doing this-- for ANY show or any actor does nothing but show twitter warriors that they have "power".. they will be coming after others soon.. i am guessing either katee sackoff or mercedes varnado-or both-and their 'boob armor' :)

if tptb's bring back the Mayfield character in any way, the twitter warriors will be going after Bill Burr as well for the way he does his 'insensitive' comedy

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I love The Mandalorian but I just hate how they dealt with Gina Carano's firing.
disney wont even allow for her character to be recast--the Cara Dune character was imp in the plans for other shows

fear of SJW's being triggered by her memory? Corporate cowardice

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My guess would be blue but a textured blue so his skin still appears real and not plasticky.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That crappy quality Cell ph capture of the Mandalorian S3 trailer shown at SW celebration; it was put up on YT and all copies of it have been vaporized!

only people giving verbal descriptions of it now, DISNEY expected to make an official release sometime in the Summer

S3 release in February

Seems it will focus around Djarin trying to journey to Mandalore and encountering Bo Katan and a lot of other Mandalorians along the way-- all of which seem to see his clan as the Cult that it is

also seen was Greef Karga and some other returning characters

verbal description with some trailer stills

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMw9Xmxx3hA

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Note that S3 is centered on Djarin journeying to Mandalore to restore his "honor". Maybe it would include him being adopted into a different Clan that is not so helmet obsessed. Either way Din Djarin is the focus - his journey and such.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Note that S3 is centered on Djarin journeying to Mandalore to restore his "honor". Maybe it would include him being adopted into a different Clan that is not so helmet obsessed. Either way Din Djarin is the focus - his journey and such.
it would be great if they had him not be such a repressed character, he does possess the dark saber, by right he IS the Mandalore, he could make all the Rules if he wanted

word is, by the end of the season, Bo Katan will be Mandalore after she defeats the "Mythosaur". which will most likely be someone wearing armor bearing the mythosaur sigil = Boba Fett (?)

per Legends, he does have a claim to the Dark Saber as his father won it by right of combat when he defeated a Vizla. they may be bringing in one more piece of Legends into canon

--which i found out they did for the hard core comic book geeks in KENOBI-- the kid and his mom that the fake Jedi saved are from Legends, they are now canon. I guess they are some kind of fan fav's

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mandalorian S3 release in February? According to this source...