THE MANDALORIAN live action series

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Star Wars fans jubilant at the release of a non Skywalker Star Wars trailer!! :)

THE MANDALORIAN

live action series apparently to "air" on Disneys new streamer- DISNEY PLUS

(ps--is everyone else also sick of hearing GAME OF THRONES being mentioned, tied into and compared to everything lately? )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Star Wars fans jubilant at the release of a non Skywalker Star Wars trailer!! :)

THE MANDALORIAN

live action series apparently to "air" on Disneys new streamer- DISNEY PLUS

(ps--is everyone else also sick of hearing GAME OF THRONES being mentioned, tied into and compared to everything lately? )

Its because it has been so successful. They did this with battlestar Galactica, which did NOT do that well in ratings, but the critics loved it. I watched part of the first episode of Game of Thrones and stopped watching at the beheading and never watched another episode.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched part of the first episode of Game of Thrones

i only watch it here and there , the only season i think i saw all eps for was the last one

not really into it though.. it is very, hmmm... "millennial viewer focused"

i have heard ppl actually had season premiere watch parties for GOT, like it was the super bowl or something :)

i really despise when ppl make comparisons with lotr's and historical fiction stuff. GOT's is a piss poor attempt of copying LOTR's in some ways. the writer couldn't compete though and so put in all the sex and violence to compensate I guess

and, I still am not buying that his name just happens to be G.R.R Martin. such a close visual to J.R.R Tolkien. especially when he has said he is so inspired by Tolkien

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i only watch it here and there , the only season i think i saw all eps for was the last one

not really into it though.. it is very, hmmm... "millennial viewer focused"

i have heard ppl actually had season premiere watch parties for GOT, like it was the super bowl or something :)

i really despise when ppl make comparisons with lotr's and historical fiction stuff. GOT's is a piss poor attempt of copying LOTR's in some ways. the writer couldn't compete though and so put in all the sex and violence to compensate I guess

and, I still am not buying that his name just happens to be G.R.R Martin. such a close visual to J.R.R Tolkien. especially when he has said he is so inspired by Tolkien

It's simpleminded nonsense to me. My younger male neighbor gets all excited to tell me how they showed boobs in the episodes, and full frontal male nudity. Really?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mandalorian set to premiere on Nov 12th this year

same day disney + premieres as well

seems disney has already greened a 2nd season as well

still no hints though on whether this show will bring in everything mandalorian we already know about (characters and plots introduced in clone wars and rebels for example) or if it will be just about some dude in mandalorian armor (cause anyone can wear the stuff after all) drifting around blasting bounties

the former is preferable. rumors of a hunt for the dark saber are around as well

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mandalorian set to premiere on Nov 12th this year

same day disney + premieres as well

seems disney has already greened a 2nd season as well

still no hints though on whether this show will bring in everything mandalorian we already know about (characters and plots introduced in clone wars and rebels for example) or if it will be just about some dude in mandalorian armor (cause anyone can wear the stuff after all) drifting around blasting bounties

the former is preferable. rumors of a hunt for the dark saber are around as well

The Mandalorian needed to be Boba Fett or his son or somebody related to Boba Fett. Otherwise, it will just be a generic character nobody knows and they will have to build upon.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Mandalorian needed to be Boba Fett or his son or somebody related to Boba Fett. Otherwise, it will just be a generic character nobody knows and they will have to build upon.

you do know SW's is in a big galaxy, not just one city block right?

and there are plenty of mandalorian characters out there that have been seen on screen, already

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
you do know SW's is in a big galaxy, not just one city block right?

and there are plenty of mandalorian characters out there that have been scene on screen, already
That is not my point. :) You are a RABID Star Wars fan, and you do not represent the average fan that the new Disney Star Wars is trying to reach. Not meant to be a dig, but it's true. The average Star Wars fan can only put a name on ONE Mandalorian, and that is Boba Fett. The whole reason that anyone know what a Mandalorian is for them is Boba Fett from the movies. I have seen several Mandalorians in the animated series (Clone Wars, Rebels), but for live action, the only one to guarantee success would have been Boba Fett or perhaps Jango. Also, the idea that Star Wars occupies a whole galaxy in the minds of the average Star Wars fan is a bit of a stretch. Already, the Galaxy's Edge land at Disneyland is suffering because it has never been seen or mentioned in any Star Wars film or show, even though from the style of it and the way it is set up it is clearly supposed to be in the Star Wars universe. It is a flop.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That is not my point. :) You are a RABID Star Wars fan, and you do not represent the average fan that the new Disney Star Wars is trying to reach. Not meant to be a dig, but it's true. The average Star Wars fan can only put a name on ONE Mandalorian, and that is Boba Fett. The whole reason that anyone know what a Mandalorian is for them is Boba Fett from the movies. I have seen several Mandalorians in the animated series (Clone Wars, Rebels), but for live action, the only one to guarantee success would have been Boba Fett or perhaps Jango. Also, the idea that Star Wars occupies a whole galaxy in the minds of the average Star wars fan is a bit of a stretch. Already, the Galaxy's Edge land at Disneyland is suffering because it has never been seen or mentioned in any Star Wars film or show, even though from the style of it and the way it is set up it is clearly supposed to be in the Star Wars universe. It is a flop.

and your rabid hate for sw's and the constant need to cut it down as well as those who appreciate the larger story of the sw's galaxy, is part of the reason i took that trip to everest :)

umm, you do know that galaxy's edge, or whatever, is an amusement park, right? there is nothing in canon called galaxy's edge.
-----------------------------------------------------------
cant base it on either Fett. by the time of this show's setting-about 5yrs after rotj, jango is long dead and boba is presumed dead

BUT, Clan Fett is a large clan. this guy could turn out to be a Fett, (or a Vizsla or a Wren)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and your rabid hate for sw's and the constant need to cut it down as well as those who appreciate the larger story of the sw's galaxy, is part of the reason i took that trip to everest :)

umm, you do know that galaxy's edge, or whatever, is an amusement park, right? there is nothing in canon called galaxy's edge.
-----------------------------------------------------------
cant base it on either Fett. by the time of this show's setting-about 5yrs after rotj, jango is long dead and boba is presumed dead

BUT, Clan Fett is a large clan. this guy could turn out to be a Fett, (or a Vizsla or a Wren)

I don't hate Star Wars. Nowhere anywhere in this forum do I say I dislike or hate Star Wars. But some things that rabid fans want to say about it are never going to be true. Other things about it are always going to be true, and some things about it are only important to fans who are willing to go down the rabbit hole and sort through books, cartoons, comic books, games, and other branded material Disney wants people to buy. Yes, Jango and Boba are dead, but the Mandalorian show could have been made into a prequel like they did the first Clone Wars.

Since this isn't the Galaxy's Edge thread, I won't go too much into it but it is most definitely a huge fail. Disney is not happy about it, and neither are hardcore Star Wars fans who wanted to connect with it. It has the sequel trilogy Falcon, no Vader, but it has Kylo Ren and Rey. No Luke, Leia, Han, Yoda, C3P0 or Lando. Because there is no connection to original Star Wars, it is failing.

I submit that hardcore fans are not going to be happy with some generic Mandalorian without a backstory. It might do well, we shall see. I hope they make him a Fett, but if my limited EU knowledge tells me, Jango was not even a Mandalorian by birth. Also, I have never heard of a Vizsla or a Wren. Who knows about a Vizsla or a Wren except only rabid fans? Let me define the SW fan terms as I see them:

• Average Star Wars fan - Star Wars exposure comes from the movies only. All the movies count, from the OT to the Prequels to Rogue One and the sequel trilogy. They may own the films on DVD and have rewatched the films
  • Hardcore Star Wars fan - Star Wars exposure comes from the movies, and also the series on TV like The Clone Wars and Rebels, and many have purchased the games. This SW fan buys the merchandise like lightsabers, figures, robes, and will be the ones who cosplay and/or join SW fan clubs and collect SW stuff. This fan values "exclusive" Star Wars stuff, and will pay top dollar for at least one Star Wars branded product.
  • Rabid Star Wars fan - Star Wars exposure comes from everything available for Star Wars. This person has been a Star Wars fan from 1977, and had bought most all the games, has read all of the books so they know things that happened and characters in the books that we have never seen in any of the series or movies. They buy the merchandise and will be the first to know about anything new in Star Wars. These people pride themselves on their Star Wars knowledge and will correct Hardcore and also Average Star Wars fans on details, or explain away inconsistencies in the movies or series by referring to something in the EU (even though the EU has been nullified).
The thick part of the Star Wars fandom consists of the Average Star Wars fan. Can you tell me where you heard of the Mandalorian clans of the Vizsla and the Wren?

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Jango was not even a Mandalorian by birth.

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian by birth

but that definition is a loose one. the society was pretty inclusive of anyone of any species who wished to be trained in the Warrior way of Mandalore

Jango was born on Concord Dawn, a planet in the Mandalore system and part of the Mandalorian homeworlds

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
an you tell me where you heard of the Mandalorian clans of the Vizsla and the Wren?

a 3 second google search will tell you!!!

but yes, as i posted to you above, concerning Vizsla, i thought you liked the clone wars?

House Wren includes Sabine Wren, a main character in REBELS and a character who would be of high prominence in Mandalorian society at the time setting of this new series

the clans of Wren and their allies, led the fight against fellow Mandalorians who had placed Mandalore under the Imperial rule

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
for the sake of peace--and my sanity, I 'll just keep my SW's comments to gateworld

any mention of SW's here just seems to unleash animosity and other bad shit

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
for the sake of peace--and my sanity, I 'll just keep my SW's comments to gateworld

any mention of SW's here just seems to unleash animosity and other bad shit

Sorry, I didn't mean to put you in that mode! I'm just mad that Disney is raping Star Wars for money. I look for reasons to hate on Disney's stuff. Unfortunately, I am not responsible for the Galaxy's Edge fail though...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
geez!

they even dusted off Nick Nolte fort his thing!

must be dosing him heavily with uppers or something

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-mandalorian-tv-show-release-date-trailer-cast/

Like I have said before, TPTB at Disney are old men with old mindsets and sensibilities. I read this at your link:

“The Mandalorian is a mysterious, lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy,” Pedro Pascal, who will play the eponymous character, said at The Mandalorian panel at April’s Star Wars Celebration 2019. “Some might say he has questionable moral character, in line with some of our best Westerns, and some good samurai [movies]. And he’s a badass. He’s got a lot of Clint Eastwood in him.”

Who is going to watch this? Millennials are just not into gunmen, Westerns or Clint Eastwood. Anything resembling those things is a predictable fail. Of the adults who love Star Wars, if this Mandalorian is not a Fett, then why will he be interesting? Disney is an old man wearing skinny jeans and a backwards baseball cap, and I think that producers of shows can get Disney to greenlight things that appeal to the old man, but not to the general audience. John Carter should never have been made. These live action CGI remakes of old Disney films are not blockbusters. And even the woke stuff they are doing in Star Wars and Marvel seem to be projects that were taken to the Old Man who thought "Yeah, the kids (millennials) will love this!"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Like I have said before, TPTB at Disney are old men with old mindsets and sensibilities. I read this at your link:

“The Mandalorian is a mysterious, lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy,” Pedro Pascal, who will play the eponymous character, said at The Mandalorian panel at April’s Star Wars Celebration 2019. “Some might say he has questionable moral character, in line with some of our best Westerns, and some good samurai [movies]. And he’s a badass. He’s got a lot of Clint Eastwood in him.”

Who is going to watch this? Millennials are just not into gunmen, Westerns or Clint Eastwood. Anything resembling those things is a predictable fail. Of the adults who love Star Wars, if this Mandalorian is not a Fett, then why will he be interesting? Disney is an old man wearing skinny jeans and a backwards baseball cap, and I think that producers of shows can get Disney to greenlight things that appeal to the old man, but not to the general audience. John Carter should never have been made. These live action CGI remakes of old Disney films are not blockbusters. And even the woke stuff they are doing in Star Wars and Marvel seem to be projects that were taken to the Old Man who thought "Yeah, the kids (millennials) will love this!"

because with the "kids" who watched clone wars and rebels, many of them have become intrigued with the Mandalorians

yes, the Fetts were the first ones we were introduced to, but they were never id'd as Mandalorians-that didn't come until clone wars

and in REBELS, the character of Sabine Wren and her family and their enemies also brought even more interest and anticipation for what may come next for any Mandalorian

and if they bring the Dark Sabre -a near holy relic of Manadalore, into this, then that just adds to it

every kid-now a young adult-who watched clone wars and rebels knows these 'facts' i just mentioned

if it fails or rises, it will be up to how well its made, not because some old idea of some Fett needing to be in it.